Thread: World RPG

Hybrid View

Default World RPG

This has been an idea of mine for years, I am honestly surprised someone has not started it. Basically what if you took satellite images from NASA/Google Earth, and used them to make a comprehensive role playing video game of our own real world. We have had google earth for almost a decade now. I know it would take some serious work to turn satellite pictures into a video games, but most of the work seems to be already there, just make the buildings, some trees, and finally enemies and people, and bam, your done.

Is it because no one would play it? I would play it in a heart beat, I don't know about you.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

No, just go out in the real world. Role playing games are for role playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    No, just go out in the real world. Role playing games are for role playing.
    Who says I can't be a mage in this real world RPG.

It's certainly not a bad concept. I can see a few legal issues perhaps though.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I still don't think this would work. I think it's a nice idea but in the video game world developers purposefully have pretty boring scenery which is all just copies of the same objects because they want to bring down loading times and memory for the physical game world. Not only would you have legal problems, every time you went from Leeds to Huddersfield or from California to Nevada there'd be about an hour of loading. Maybe it would be nice to have a role play based on the world, but Lord of the Rings already is one (Middle Earth is based on Europe before a certain time)