Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles II: England's rich-ass-to-broke-ass-to-rich-ass Motherfucker

Default Charles II: England's rich-ass-to-broke-ass-to-rich-ass Motherfucker

I cannot wait to elaborate for three hours in my presentation on the court life of Charles II and the relevancey and connections between pre-Restoration and post-Restoration courts.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

3 hours?

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

I have a 30min break at the 1hr 15min mark. I have to adequately cover my topic within the allotted time (which is about a 40ish year time span) or suffer a severe loss of points. Not exactly three hours of speaking, but I am sure I will be using those thirty minutes to damn well review the later half of the speech.

Supposedly he did not allow students to use powerpoint last semester. I live off of powerpoint.

It is also looking to be incredibly boring...

Euro. history swamps.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Currently majoring in History and Literature (British History and British Literature). Going to minor in education. I enjoy the thought of teaching the two courses I delight in. Junior at UofL. Currently trying to figure out a suitable place to continue my studies; I detest the city and the campus, although I will take UofL over UK in any situation. Also not sure if I want to branch out into German history (the Prussian era was alluring to me).

Great things have always come from Germany/Prussia. They breed good minds.

I admit I only know a very small bit about Prussia. The little that I do know entertains my fancy. My only worry is my habit to take both the history and literature of a country and combine them. I feel like I would be more suited to a mono-teaching style rather than splitting myself between both British History/Literature and German History/Literature; my focus is better suited to a single class from self-studies and observations on my methods.

The more the better.

True, but I have a tendency to really want to push discussion over making the students drone away towards the tests or written work. I keep debating whether or not I should continue to practice my methodology of lengthy and detailed discussion with a note handout for them to follow along or refresh through. This massive focus on a guided course that steers you to successful test grades through meaningful discussions and review makes me worry. The time I would devote to one may heavily encroach on the other to the point that my dicussions may become botched (my mind wandering off to German history or literature in the process). I suppose I am being a bit too critical of a hypothetical and untested situation/setting.

Wait you teach, I think GOd said something about a community college. What degree do you have?

Also, this is all under the understanding that you are TA and thus this is a character is a grand play, none the less go on.

I desire to teach and have actually practiced typing up detailed outlines and class schedules as preparation. I sound as if I already teach, but I have this habit of testing my theories or future situations to an extent. I like to keep any and all material from my past classes as reference material. Also, I am not TA. (I relaize I am being very scatterbrained at the moment and unclear in my ramblings).

Whatever you say TA.

And I understand.

I cannot recall, but I remember a discussion about your wanting to be a substitute history teacher on the West coast. I was considering doing something similar, although I doubt the East coast would be as monetarily inviting as the West. Just a vague memory during my fascination with PD history.

No? haha I'll teach wherever there is a job.

I do not know where I would actually like to teach yet. I know my level and the type of desired area, but I cannot choose a suitable community college.

need a ma for that

I know, which is why I want to get away from UofL. I am not exactly satisfied with their education MA program; I am debating on whether I should stay or transfer.

write good papers then go to good uni's

i hate powerpoint

at last, an opinion on software we can agree upon

god i would never use that shit. i pay attention a million times more when someone actually writes on a board etc. lectures/presentations using powerpoint are too passive. IF anything i'd only use it if i were teaching history and ONLY to show pictures of people.

oh you hate presentation software in general. i suppose it was too good to be true.

we'll always have those 5 minutes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast