Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 102

Thread: Old PD is gone

  1. #1
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,758

    sad Old PD is gone

    pdream.proboards.com

    what the fuck

  2. #2
    VVVV Look 4 balls Khaous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    i think proboards automatically deletes them after a while

  3. #3
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,758

    Default

    doubt it, there are proboards which have been inactive for longer

  4. #4
    VVVV Look 4 balls Khaous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    you best start asking mewtwo some questions!

  5. #5
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Just thinking...imagine if everything on this board got deleted. the history that would be lost!
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  6. #6
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    Just thinking...imagine if everything on this board got deleted. the history that would be lost!
    Nope, mewtwo actually stores PD's info on a hardrive now and then.

  7. #7
    Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Huh. I figured you were talking in a spiritual sense.
    777

  8. #8
    The One and Only trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In your dreams.
    Posts
    10,091

    Default

    NOOOOO!
    Originally made by LM:


    ~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

    ~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

    * dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

  9. #9
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Nope, mewtwo actually stores PD's info on a hardrive now and then.
    mewtwo expert over here

  10. #10
    Pokemon Master Eve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    35,482

    Default

    what the actual fuck



  11. #11
    I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,850

    Default

    he waited until you and dogar left for qoorl's wedding... and then he struck

  12. #12
    Comrade Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Inside the Computer
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    That is rather unpleasent, as I was hoping to one day observe the history of that forum.

  13. #13
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,758

    Default

    most of the good stuff was already deleted to be honest, so its actually not THAT big a loss anymore

  14. #14
    Comrade Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Inside the Computer
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    That is unfortunate. Most of the good stuff means a majority of the humorous events involving you and the elder elite, yes?

  15. #15
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    mewtwo expert over here
    Mewtwo all told us this at some point.

  16. #16
    Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,372

    Default

    yeah, and you read the post you cunt

  17. #17
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Mewtwo all told us this at some point.
    No he didn't, find the post if you are so sure.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  18. #18
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    It's gone forever, he said to increase hits, which means to increase $. He said he'll make a thread about it.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  19. #19
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Mewtwo 3 weeks ago and his feelings about PD:


    Dogar: I don't like the timeline.

    Mewtwo: heh

    D: Fix the avatars?

    M: No
    M: Not hi pro
    M: Pri

    D:That's not very comforting, it'll take u like 5 minutes.

    Mewtwo today and his feelings about PD:

    Dogar: did you delete the old proboards Pokedream?

    Mewtwo:yup

    D: so there is no way to acess it ever again?

    M:yup

    D:y

    M:they were stealing our google search results
    M:and profiting off of pokedream
    M: proboards, that is
    M: pretty bad

    D:mewtwo, internet companies do that all the time, you erased something that was important to a lot of people on PD

    M:the fact that internet companies do that all the time does not mean it's good
    M:it hurts pokedream as a site
    M:and it hurts growth of pokedream and the forums

    D: but deleting it wont "solve" the issue it just takes away something people vare about

    M: so it's far better to let go of the past

    D: oh thats foolsih

    M:and it opens up future growth potentials
    M:no, you don't quite understand

    D: oh i dont?
    D:i understand that your were more worried about $ and less about us

    M: proboards was basically stealing search results from pokedream
    M:it was very outdated

    D:yes it was thats why we moved to vB
    D: but we never wanted it deleted

    M:well, it had to be done

    D:no, it really didnt have to be done
    D: PD was just fine with it still around

    M:it was not
    M:because proboards was stealing our hits
    M:you don't seem to understand that part of it

    D:in fact, you could have just changed the board so that it wouldnt steal whatever but still keep the old posts

    M:i understand i deleted a bunch of memories
    M:i'm sorry for that

    D:you didnt even consult us
    D:you just did it
    D:you were just concerned withj hits

    M:because hits drive visitors to not only the site but to the forums
    M:and if some outdated, old forum was stealing our hits

    D:Mewtwo we can deal with our forum population as we please

    M:that would mean less visitors to the new forums

    D: but dont think for a second deleting proboards will help the site when you havent updated any news on the main site in months

    M:it actually does help
    M:80% of our traffic comes from google
    M:if another site that is not pokedream shows up when you search "pokedream"
    shows up within the top results
    M:it's very misleading and really hurts us

    D:you could have gone about it by just changing the forum
    D:you did not and took the easy way about it because you just cared about the hits
    D:and since when did PD become this high pro?
    D: pri

    M:i'm sorry that i didn't consult you guys
    M:i really am
    M: but
    M: doing anything else would not push proboards off the first page
    M:i am also cutting off a lot of old stuff from pokedream
    M:it's more about focusing on what's new and the future
    M:and removing the old cruft

    D:if you really ment that we would have more news updates, better user interface on the forum and a lot less bots
    D:you did this to get more hits

    M:you always have to consider hits and impact
    M:that's fundamental
    M:hits to pokedream isn't just for the main site
    M:that includes the forums

    D:thats all you consider though so dont come saying you care about anythign else other than that

    M: don't accuse me of stuff, please
    M:i am honestly trying to tell you

    D:im not accusing you of anything

    M:what my plans were

    D:i am mearly stating that if you meant what you said the issues we have wouldnt exist
    D:we all find it odd that they are still there but the old forum is not

    M:i'm trying to spend much more time on pokedream this year
    M:because i want to grow it a lot
    M:it's my fault i more or less neglected it for the past few years
    M:save for updating it a few times
    M:i plan on upgrading vBulletin, keeping it upgraded
    M:putting more resources on it
    M:integrating it better into the site

    D:is there at least a backup of old PD on a harddrive or anything?

    M: (e.g. new UI)
    M:there isn't
    M:i'm sorry, man (Kirby you are a fucking idiot)

    D:jesus christ

    M:google might still have caches

    D:they are useless
    D:that was our only refernace to so many things

    M:what things?
    M:why are they not on the new forums?

    D: PD is a large community filled with amost a decade of history and inside jokes
    D:you literally erased any chance of accessing these old moments of time

    M:i'm sorry
    M: but i promise to grow the current forums by a lot this year
    M:the present and future is much more exciting than the past
    M:i could've taken care of it in a better way
    M: but it's been done

    D:i disagree with your feelings about the importnatce of the past

    M:and i can only help by making the current forums better

    D:this isnt a web seminar on how to grow a small company mewtwo, its pd

    M:i realize that

    D:I think it would be best if you made a public thread about this on the site because beleive me, they aren't going to accept this from me. they have to hear it from you

    M:i'll make a post about it

    D:a large thread










    So guys, how does it feel to get anally fucked by Mewtwo while he talks about how the future is much more exciting than the past. All that shit sounds like a really shit script for a Korean soap opera when the main characters are in a none important board meeting at there company.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  20. #20
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Justin, first off no one cares about your feelings about past boards. Second I don't care that they are gone, the fact that he did it without telling us and that his reason was so bull shitty is my bone of contention.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  21. #21
    VVVV Look 4 balls Khaous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post

    M:i'll make a post about it

    D:a large thread
    the best lines out of that convo

  22. #22
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
    the best lines out of that convo
    hahaha I made sure I said a few comments to for you all laugh at because I knew I'd post this.

    This one was good too:

    3 weeks ago

    D: Fix the avatars?

    M: No
    M: Not hi pro
    M: Pri


    Today:

    M:the fact that internet companies do that all the time does not mean it's good
    M:it hurts pokedream as a site
    M:and it hurts growth of pokedream and the forums
    M: so it's far better to let go of the past
    M:and it opens up future growth potentials

    D:you could have gone about it by just changing the forum
    D:you did not and took the easy way about it because you just cared about the hits
    D:and since when did PD become this high pro?
    D: pri


    hahaha

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  23. #23
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Dogar you're an unpopular pussy lol. I seen your facebook bro stop tryna be special.

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  24. #24
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    Oh man, this coming from a guy who has a BUTT chin, and I ain't talking about the amount of male ass that has been on his face either, although, a lot HAS been there. hahahaha

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  25. #25
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,920

    Default

    I'm not kidding and I wouldn't go out with you!!!

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •