Thread: need advice (inb4 skeptical mocking rayne post)

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default need advice (inb4 skeptical mocking rayne post)

so because i've been outta school for a month now, i only just found out there's a talent show going down and because i didn't realise last year that if you play a musical instrument, you shouldn't talk about it, my friends want me to do something. usually i'd say no because despite being brilliant at public speaking, i've never played in front of a huge crowd of people before but fuck it, why not

but the problem is what do i play people what are some appropriate songs for this sort of thing. i was thinking maybe rebellion (lies) by the arcade fire because it has a nice poppy hook... or god only knows by the beach boys... or if i can get some friends to perform with me, paranoid android. unfortunately i don't think any of the listeners will actually like/appreciate these songs so what are some classic talent show songs

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

do a medley, that's always way mroe impressive than it should be.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

boring

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

no?

why, did it sound like it could go either way

ok i think i've figured out what i'm gon do, gotta get a casual one-time band together and we'll probably do the following in THAT EXACT ORDER

and then an acoustic guitar version of radiohead's motion picture soundtrack to finish