Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't get my institution's research award for the paper I wrote which was also peer reviewed by Hicky

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default I don't get my institution's research award for the paper I wrote which was also peer reviewed by Hicky

But the one with this as there first sentence did:

"High levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere led to a current trend known as global warming."

I really can't stand the fact that JUST BECAUSE I didn't try in HS that I am stuck in the Uni. I am in now.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Writing papers is all about big words and coherence.

Dogar, life is unfair.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

looser

Another prize winner, here is the title:

"Different Reasons to Make a Difference: Sources of Motivation and Experiences "

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a REAL academic university withe REAL research this shit would be laughed at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kjwhdfwjykhlghedslkhdgshkjdsgh jkdsgkjdshk

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Dogar is learning the hard way that academia is more about political correctness than actual correctness.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

NONE OF THESE TOPICS WERE REMOTELY ORIGINAL!!!!

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

i believe in you

I mean, I'm not REALLY upset and all but I'm really just frustrated on how little my school cares about me. I mean, sometimes I say that to say that but today when I found out by going to the department (because god forbid they email me) that I didn't get the award it just really hit me how little they care about me and my work.

I spent literally, I'm not kidding, literally 2 MONTHS researching this topic and probably logged over 60 hours on that paper. Now I don't know if any of you have done more but for an undergrad doing that for just ONE paper is A LOT. Very discouraging today was.

Dogar is learning the hard way that higher education only cares about people in the order that their families donate to the school.

MY RICH FAMILY DOES DONATE TO THE SCHOOL!

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

shoulda wrote about pokemon in relation to real life. could have used this site as your sources.

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

I was actually thinking about my penis size philosophy.

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

penis size in relation to pokemon

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

hicky can't peer review a paper for a course if he isn't also in that course

Yeah Solly, that's how it works. Even if that was correct, which it so obviously isn't on so many levels, he was peer reviewing it after the course anyways.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

WELL AT LEAST I HAVE MY STANDARDS

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

hicky probably suggested a bunch of obscure words no normal person would know and dogar unwittingly used them without searching up the definitions, turning his treatise into some sort of sexualised mockery of the us education

He really just looked for passive voice.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

people on PD somehow think i deliberately sabotage academic papers with obscure words

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Maybe they were all tr;dr and rated the essays based on the title. Like the Internet.

What was your title?

Japanese Domestic Tourism-
    Japan’s Search for National Identity through
    Nature, Heritage and Modernity Tourism since the 1990s

Should have wrote it about the Japanese Fart War.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast