Thread: I love it when TV shows make episodes supposedly in my area

Default I love it when TV shows make episodes supposedly in my area

Like for example many shows go to the Poconos and show it as a small rural community with dirt roads and country woodsy people everywhere. This is hilarious because it is nothing like that.

But what tops the cake is yesterday on cold case they went to Mt. Pocono which in the show has a cute little post office, in a small town with small businesses here and there surrounded by an old forest with clear underbrush.

The Mt. Pocono post office is behind a gas station on a 5 way intersection next to Burger king, Wendy’s, Pizza hut, and Sure Save. The near by forest is in a ditch, and it has THICK underbrush.

In the scene a guy was shot by a hick with a shotgun, in reality you would be shot with a hand gun by some black or hispanic guy with a new york accent.

too good

They made a movie in Lumberton once...a long time ago.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

and it wasnt really a movie, someone just video taped a lynching

actually took pictures of it and made a flip book, which generally counts as a "movie" down south

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I love westerns because they almost never film in area that the setting takes place. And how people think the Sonoran desert is sandy when it's not. There's really only two sandy places and that down in Yuma (where they filmed some scenes for Star Wars) and up near the Utah border (where they filmed for The Searchers and other westerns).