Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: buckweat its time

  1. #1
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,776

    Default buckweat its time

    you often speak of being a conservative, i often speak of one day explaining to you why you're wrong and you then often speak of me often speaking of such. but now i think its time.

    so, explain your beliefs which make you a conservative and especially those which lead you to favor ron paul and i will attempt to make you see why you are WRONG.

  2. #2
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    You spend way too much time arguing with dumbasses. Go respond to the communism thread I made on Serebii.

  3. #3
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    And both of you go make your LoaPD characters and start posting in the rp.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  4. #4
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    I might RP as marceline for my own amusment perhaps.

  5. #5
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    You spend way too much time arguing with dumbasses. Go respond to the communism thread I made on Serebii.
    i did a couple days ago actually. or maybe it was a week. either way buckweat is worth converting i think.

  6. #6
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,776

    Default

    no one responded since i made my last post in it. granted it was to a less informed post because i just wanted to jump onto something recent, i should go back and respond to that one guys posts whose argument was basically 'it was so bad to begin with gains of mao and stalin werent impressive lol'. i tried responding to it once before but it got frustrating so i stopped. i mean what kind of argument is that(ps ta used to make it all the time).

  7. #7
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Before we get started, I'd just like to clarify that I don't SUPPORT Ron Paul, I just like him the best out of all the candidates, and they all suck. And what do you want me to do exactly? Just like, ask me questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  8. #8
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    Romney is clearly the best canidate in the GOP.

  9. #9
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    Before we get started, I'd just like to clarify that I don't SUPPORT Ron Paul, I just like him the best out of all the candidates, and they all suck. And what do you want me to do exactly? Just like, ask me questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
    buckweat thats not how it works! you say you're a conservative, thus you believe conservative things. what are some of your most conservative conviction and why do you hold them?

  10. #10
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Well, I'm not socially conservative at all. But economically, I believe in corporate individualism and the profit motive. this is fucking hard I need like an issue by issue thing to go off of, fuck. hmm. I believe in trickle-down economics.
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  11. #11
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,776

    Default

    ok good, you believe in trickle down economics. why?

  12. #12
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Fuck me, they upgraded serebii to vb4. God it looks atrocious.

  13. #13
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Because people are inherently greedy. When CEO's and big companies have less money, they're still going to keep as much as they would have before to themselves. Granted, when they get more, they keep more, but there's no need for layoffs and they can hire more people.
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  14. #14
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    Because people are inherently greedy. When CEO's and big companies have less money, they're still going to keep as much as they would have before to themselves. Granted, when they get more, they keep more, but there's no need for layoffs and they can hire more people.
    Contradiction.

  15. #15
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    Rich people are going to hire the least amount of people possible.

  16. #16
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    Because people are inherently greedy. When CEO's and big companies have less money, they're still going to keep as much as they would have before to themselves. Granted, when they get more, they keep more, but there's no need for layoffs and they can hire more people.
    im not sure what this post means.

    trickle down economics: if rich people have more money they will hire more/spend more and the money will reverberate through the economy and everyone will be wealthier because of it.

    this is can actually be shown to be factually incorrect because for the past couple decades the US has followed economic policies consistent with the trickle down philosophy. the result was that rich people do indeed now have more money than they used to. but wait, average wages in the US have stagnated. the idea of trickle down was that as the very rich get more money, wages will rise throughout the economy. this hasnt happened.



    trickle down was actually tried and reality proved it REALLY does not work.

    the only thing that will cause companies to hire more people is increased demand for them to expand production. rich people having more money doesnt really increase demand in the real economy very much, it does increase demand for things such as, say, stocks or exotic financial instruments, or it just sits in a bank account and will be bequeathed to their no good rich kid children when they die. if a company suddenly gets a lot more money they're not going to hire more people, they're going to pay dividends or buy back outstanding stock which just helps board members, major investors and officers.

    the only thing which will make a company want to hire more people is increased demand for their product. which can be accomplished by regular people having more money. which can be accomplished by government programs doing things like: making health care more affordable, making education more affordable, or making education better and more efficient so more people can get jobs and obtain disposable income. making strides in any of those areas requires, of course first of all better administration but also: more funding for those programs. funding has to come from somewhere and naturally it should come from the people with the most ability to pay.

    for those reasons and many more trickle down economics HASNT WORKED and the rich should pay higher taxes.

  17. #17
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,032

    Default

    I want to hear buckweat's socially conservative philosophies

  18. #18
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    This is going to be a shitty debate because I agree with everything you just said. And Solly I have no socially conservative policies. And in retrospect, trickle down economics doesn't really fit into objectivism, which is what I'd say I most identify with. Also, I'm in strong favor of a flat tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  19. #19
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    You do realize any decent flat tax on the middle and upper classes would make amost everyone in the lower class broke. If lowered to a level where they could pay it, the revenue would be laughably small.

  20. #20
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    isn't there some easy algorithm or equation we could use to say how much taxes you pay based on how much your income is?
    yep

    its what we use to use before Regan

  21. #21
    is good for you
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    Because people are inherently greedy.
    There is no such thing as a greed gene

  22. #22
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,076

    Default

    Yeah greed is entirely a social construct.

  23. #23
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,776

    Default

    people of course have a tendency to want more things but the earliest human societies were highly cooperative so this tendency obviously does not preclude cooperation on a societal scale so eat a dick with this greed mess

  24. #24
    is good for you
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Yeah greed is entirely a social construct.
    Nature versus Nurture: Nurture wins

  25. #25
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    There is no such thing as a greed gene
    fantastic argument. 10/10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •