Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something terrible just happened...

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

i dont though

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    I'm interested to see your viewpoint, Fullmetal, because clearly I can't see why suicide isn't selfish.

I think the reason you just stated for not commiting suicide proves that it's selfish even moreso, Hicky. Because taking your own life WOULD be wasting what you have to give to society; by taking away your life, you're taking away from the world.
    I could go and argue that some people are better off dead from suicide (like Hitler or someone of a similar fashion) but then again, who am I to say their life isn't worthy?

What I think is really horrible is my sister's philosophy on people addicted to MMORPG games. She believes they should be killed because they don't contribute anything to society, and I think that's horrible. She doesn't have the right to say that they don't have the right to live, and just because someone is addicted doesn't mean they can't change. But saying who gets a right to live or not opens a huge can of worms, like abortion and lethal injection, and I couldn't care less about either one of them.

I hate the word 'selfish', It sucks. Everyone who is anyone cares more about themself more than they do anyone else. Their self priority is 51%-100%. There is nobody that isn't 'selfish'. And, clearly, when you're considering suicide as a though whilst under thin air and tense grounds to do it within, it can't possibly be selfish. You have nothing to live for so you strip your life, under extreme pressure, and then you enter a black state, or a new world, when nothing matters that did in the old world. Can't say I see it as being 'selfish'

I hate the word 'selfish', It sucks. Everyone who is anyone cares more about themself more than they do anyone else. Their self priority is 51%-100%. There is nobody that isn't 'selfish'. And, clearly, when you're considering suicide as a though whilst under thin air and tense grounds to do it within, it can't possibly be selfish. You have nothing to live for so you strip your life, under extreme pressure, and then you enter a black state, or a new world, when nothing matters that did in the old world. Can't say I see it as being 'selfish'

Scary

I don't care about myself more than my family. I doubt you'd believe me, but I'd give my life for anybody in my family. We're incredibly close.

And, in my opinion, people who play those whatever games you said DO contribute to society. maybe not significantly, but they probably make their friends laugh and stuff. They probably make eachother happy. I think that'd be enough a reason to live.

my sister has... questionable... morals to say the least

The door of selfish swings both ways, i think i said that a while back in my thread.

Well, it can be looked at this way: personA consider personB selfish because the personB cares too much about theirself -- in essence personA wants the personB to focus more on personA, which makes personA selfish.

I wouldn't give anything for my family. If we ever got captured by some turtle ninjas, screw them and escape. It seems incredibly selfish but I just regard my family as average people who somehow play a role in my upbringing and nothing more.

Scary

That seems to be the same for a lot of people, Hicky. I just grew up with all of my family always there for me; we always back eachother up no matter what is going on, no matter what the circumstances, no matter anything. We all love eachother more than anybody could possibly imagine.

I mean, part of my family is very very strictly catholic, and their adopted son, my cousin, turned out to be gay. Instead of rejecting him like I hear most strictly religious families do, they totally support him and help him out with any problems he has just as they would anybody else.

If i had a gay child i wouldn't hate them, but i would tease them mercilessly.

Scary

I don't see what there is to make fun of being gay. Other than weak immature insults about butt sex or something. But don't straight couples have that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    I don't see what there is to make fun of being gay. Other than weak immature insults about butt sex or something. But don't straight couples have that anyway?
    I would tease over the flamboyancy if it was a son, and make butch jokes if it was a daughter.

I wouldn't care if my kid was gay. I'd just help them get over the social barrier and love them unconditionally all the same. I haven't a problem with gay people in the least.

Scary

-shrug- To me, gay people are no different from other people. I mean, generally, you know? Being gay is just another aspect of one's personality.

Most people have had feelings for another sex at one point, noone is 100% straight

i dont have a problem with gays, but that wont stop me from teasing my own offspring about it.

I don't see why people make such a fuss about it. the whole sanctity of marriage is bullshit because tons of people are divorced, having affairs outside of marriage, and have babies out-of-wedlock, and "marriage" people don't whine about that

Damn sorry about that, Master is it? Well, my dad made a guy commit a suicide cause he said my dad's cooking smell like poop

well then!

int uh resting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12