Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hunger Games

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default The Hunger Games

Didn't read the books but the movie was pretty terrible. And when I say pretty terrible I mean REALLY terrible. Anyone who saw this and liked it has the mind capacity of an 11 year old girl. (Sort of like what the intended audience was in the first place.) Great job!

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

you make this thread now

I ha a weird feeling when I just finished watching it. I didn't know if it was hate or not. In the end it was hate because I had realize that what I thought the movie could have done was no what the movie was and thus it was pretty fucking terrible. Plus it was good reviews which baffled me enough to write this.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Didn't even bother with it. I have a vhs copy of The Running Man which I'm sure is better on multiple levels.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

I don't get why people who don't read the books go to watch the spin-off movie...my opinion is that the movie is always infinitely crappier because it's impossible to squeeze valuable background information in, plus movies are always visuals-based and not content based, which makes the entire thing meaningless, really.

That said, I did go to watch the movie. (I've finished reading the trilogy already.) It was generally okay, I appreciated how the directors took care not to deviate too much from the original text, not like the huge chunks missing from Harry Potter. Nothing brilliant, but the contrast between the portrayal of the districts and the Capitol was well done through the use of colour. Regarding the books, the plot was original and interesting but not really insightful...it just devolved into a fictional debate of ethics and utilitarianism.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

The plot was not that original.

Call me a hipster, but I read The Hunger Games way before it got popular, and I enjoyed it enough since I rarely ever found books with female protagonists that I like, however I didn't really think it was anything spectacular and it fell off my radar until it suddenly got popular for some reason.

I did not read the last two books because the hype really turned me off. And seriously, people complaining about Rue being black? It's like they actually didn't read the book...

the plot actually wasnt original at all to be HONEST

i liked it because i had very low expectations. for a movie based on a teenage fantasy novel it was surprisingly well acted and directed. towards the end it got a bit stale though. and the director doesnt know how to shoot actions scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetails 009 View Post
    I don't get why people who don't read the books go to watch the spin-off movie...my opinion is that the movie is always infinitely crappier because it's impossible to squeeze valuable background information in, plus movies are always visuals-based and not content based, which makes the entire thing meaningless, really.

That said, I did go to watch the movie. (I've finished reading the trilogy already.) It was generally okay, I appreciated how the directors took care not to deviate too much from the original text, not like the huge chunks missing from Harry Potter. Nothing brilliant, but the contrast between the portrayal of the districts and the Capitol was well done through the use of colour. Regarding the books, the plot was original and interesting but not really insightful...it just devolved into a fictional debate of ethics and utilitarianism.

Blah blah blah the book was so much better than the movie blah blah blah. Nobody cares, the movie is the topic at hand and it was contrived unoriginal and hardly an artistic critic on big brother ethical issues.

if it makes you feel better dogar, everyone i know irl who saw the movie except me and the friend i went to go see it with hated it.

but they didnt hate it because it was 'contrived unoriginal and hardly an artistic critic on big brother ethical issues' WHATEVER THAT MEANS. they thought it was boring. these are the people who rank transformers among their favourite movies. so yeah forget what i said.

It's more of a what-if scenario... It could not be overly complex due to the target age group being 12 year olds.

the movie was too violent for the target audience to have been 12 year olds

battle royale was a good movie

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    oh wow you watch FOREIGN LANGUAGE MOVIES? i need a moment to let the classiness waft over me.

better take a couple

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    the movie was too violent for the target audience to have been 12 year olds
    The books are rated 'young adult' which in America is generally for 11 to 17 year olds.

I like explosions and action scenes.

Books don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    The whole thing was a rip on that movie.

who cares about originality. everything is a rip off of something else in some way.

Everything is a remix Dogar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    who cares about originality. everything is a rip off of something else in some way.
    Quoted for truth.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

what was inception a rip off of rayne
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Inception ripped off a couple different movies really...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast