Thread: so all this about potential employers wanting your facebook password during job interviews

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default so all this about potential employers wanting your facebook password during job interviews

what's your opinion

personally i'd walk out right away, or if i was feeling some particular bravado i'd say 'sure, just as soon as you hand me your credit card and pin #'
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

oh come on justin, drugs, government, any trade really, it's all about where the money is, not the greater good
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

'go fuck yourself'

out the door

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I personally am against the idea but I really wouldn't mind since I have nothing degrading on my Facebook.

It's just... I like have a privacy option you know....

Give them me password, change it the next day. ;D

its not against any federal law per say, but it IS actually against facebooks terms of service which constitute a legal contract, so they are asking you to illegal break a contract as terms of employment. suits have resulted from this and therefore most employers dont outright ask for a password anymore, but ask the person to log onto their facebook and go through stuff while they watch.

also its mad gay

who is doing this anyway? i doubt it's some reputed/well known company because shit would hit the fan if that were the case. it's probably some shitty small business thats doing this and the press is milking this for all its worth because thats what they do.

any potential employee should have something to hide, if you don't have anything to hide then you're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    any potential employee should have something to hide, if you don't have anything to hide then you're boring
    Or I'm not dumb enough to post it on the Internet for all to see.

they might find you on pd, eye the 'bro' in your name and figure you might be a transvestite.

they may hate pichus. WHO KNOWS. better safe than sorry.

I don't have a facebook.

But if they wanted to see it if I had it, just show them, if they want to see my late night escapades then go ahead.

i dont think you want anyone to see your late night escapades kirby

Aparently an employer does.

Im happy to show him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Aparently an employer does.

Im happy to show him.
    god this post is hilariously unintentionally ambiguous