Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many of OUR forums will still be around in five years/a decade

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default how many of OUR forums will still be around in five years/a decade

/other frequented sites/bittorrenttrackers/
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

like i can't see the big pokemon forums lasting too much longer, under the principle that you can't really make a profit outta them with the phenomenal server costs and if you're nearing the 25 to 30 age bracket i mean, how much longer are you going to be the webmaster of a pokemon forum
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    y'all underestimate your online footprints
    yeah, ideally i'd just post on 4chan instead of anything else but there's no undoing the past so any counter-measures in the present time would be useless

really? i wonder whos going to find your posts on ah, twist or vgl.

really if you wiped away cosmo and just left pd, that would be ideal for all of us.
    pc; serebii; pe2k. i mean obviously i can just say i was thirteen but i dont like the idea the records are there.

at this rate i would be ok if cosmo and pd were both wiped and we all started on a clean, private, invite only site

everyone that matters on smogon is over 25

and pokemon will always get new kids coming in, that is that saying mario will lose popularity, it isn't happening

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    everyone that matters on smogon is over 25

and pokemon will always get new kids coming in, that is that saying mario will lose popularity, it isn't happening
    nobody was saying it's going to lose popularity, we're saying the ageing webmasters will lose interest. will new webmasters replace them or will the websites themselves be replaced is what im sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post

at this rate i would be ok if cosmo and pd were both wiped and we all started on a clean, private, invite only site

those are more innocuous, i have a handful of accounts on pc, but theyre just so obscure and the place isn't going to be around FOREVER. same with the other two sites. seriously, ascaris needs to delete cosmo. there's really no point to it or saving it to 'remember'. also old cosmo, nobody reads that shit and its not nostalgic.
    on the other hand i dunno, cosmo is pretty great. if it wasn't detectable by google that would be another thing, plus i wouldn't be able to live with myself if we destroyed cosmo after leo invested all those dollars in it

I don't see any of the huge pokemon sites going down any time soon. And usually the people on top aren't doing it as a hobby, for example for serbii, the guy in charge, that is his job.

let his rent run out and then give it the boot. also cosmo was relatively google free up until ascais decided to make its contents public and the google bots got full access to everything we've posted.
    it runs out the year i head to college, sounds like a plan.

you know this whole thing we have going off a tight-knit community jumping from forum to forum is really weird right? like nobody else does that, judging from where i've been

let his rent run out and then give it the boot. also cosmo was relatively google free up until ascais decided to make its contents public and the google bots got full access to everything we've posted.
    The google adds started months before he let people see the site.

cosmo just isnt great lord. its like a shitty version of the underground void with flamboyant fags.
    yeah i dunno. i mean right now it's terrible, has been for ages. but there's hope

should just make it private is what i'm saying

and close registration, make it INVITE ONLY. and purge all the inactive accounts

like goddamn, if anyone wants cosmo back to the way it was or if anyone wants their privacy protected, they need to fuckin step up and do something

and can ascaris just do this instead of saying he's lazy or w/e
    he could give me back my admin powers and let me do it if he was so lazy but i'd say he'll do it when he reads this thread.

I give 0 shits about privacy on a public forum.

all i'm sayin is, when i'm running for president in 2035, i don't want these skeletons in my closet

Prime minister?

Who the fuck cares, EVERYONE is going to have an internet history, it isn't going to matter, nor should you let it.

isn't that what I just said?

no

and ireland has a president you ignorant fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Prime minister?

Who the fuck cares, EVERYONE is going to have an internet history, it isn't going to matter, nor should you let it.
    actually kirby, a lot of people are going to have like, a facebook and youtube history.

context kirby. he means your average teen is going to have ONLY a facebook and youtube history, whilst we've been very prolific in our cyber escapades

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast