Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many of OUR forums will still be around in five years/a decade

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    at this rate i would be ok if cosmo and pd were both wiped and we all started on a clean, private, invite only site
    Elitism: The Forum?

And I'm sure you'd only be okay with it provided you're one of the ones invited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taoiseach

weird you have a prime minister... but he is appoited by the president

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Elitism: The Forum?

And I'm sure you'd only be okay with it provided you're one of the ones invited.
    good god this post is moronic for several reasons
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Invite only forums never last long.

Just look at gr00vy. Remove the fact that gr00vy 4 is still around only because Mario refuses to post anywhere else, they were very temporary.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

no it's not elitism; if you had bothered reading the thread instead of looking for a perfect window of opportunity to let everyone know how much of a holier-than-thou pseudo intellectual you are, you'd know we'd say it's invite only for the sake of privacy protection. and obviously if it was my fucking idea and i'm a core member of both forums as well as an ex-admin (technically of pd as well) i'd get an invite. as for anyone who doesn't get an invite? i don't think any of us would be mean enough to leave anyone out but if we did, they must have had to really fuck up. why am i even going into the mechanics this was purely hypothetical to begin with
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    Invite only forums never last long.

Just look at gr00vy. Remove the fact that gr00vy 4 is still around only because Mario refuses to post anywhere else, they were very temporary.
    yeah but this is assuming a complete migration of active posters from pd and inactive posters from cosmo to the new forum would take place. with dedicated concentration like that you don't need an influx of new members, just a bubble

is good for you

Is Mario seriously still posting? Are you kidding me?

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

He posts there at least three times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    the inviting thing would be to pretty much anyone who gave the url to anyone

its just to keep it private
    no, rarity increases demand. what if there were like, invite codes, given out once every three months. word would spread around, people would want to get in based on being able to alone. it's a risky tactic but it might be crazy enough to work

private forums are stupid, they literally don't make any logistical sense, people leave forums

we arent a private tracker or whatever lol we have basically nothing to offer. besides i wouldnt want to get popular and talking about this when i know its not going to happen is aggravating when its fully within our grasp
    except for a forum with elitist member standards

bunch of paranoid motherfuckers in this thread

yup.

"Mr. Owens, you;re running for the Mississippi Congress and yet youve posted consistently on a pokemon forum?"

"Yeah, So? I also like Fried foods and I have sex with my wife. Thomas Jefferson had black kids!"

"Touche"

And I win by a landslide.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

"Mr. Owen, you work in special education but consistently call a child on a pokemon forum autistic? WTF"
    lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

"Fact A: I work in Child Nutrition, and Fact B: Political Correctness has gotten to the point where no red blooded American can speak their mind. It's time for us as a nation to just get over it. People are going to say mean things. Bullying in schools might be a problem, a problem we're working on as a society, but you know what, trying to police people's speech is not the way to run a nation. We're built on freedoms. Those freedoms are being steadily stripped from the American people, and I will not stand for it. I'm certain that the majority of the nation won't stand for it either. I also support the right for gays to have some form of union comparable to marriage. I say comparable because the intent of marriage is to PRODUCE children, something that a joined gay couple are unable to do on their own. I DO support their right to be together though, so definately something comparable. Bush was a terrible president, so was Obama. We need real change and as long as political correctness nazis and the ridiculously wealthy remain in office, we will see no positive change in this great Nation. Next question."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

See? This is a prime example of how the fat cat lobbyists are trying to curb your freedoms by dragging down your hard working red blooded american candidates, so that they can put their rich boy sycophants on the throne. As long as we let them push us around, the Eagle will be a bird with clipped wings.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I never made FUN of a child for his autism, merely used it as a descriptive term. Everyone can see how this agent of a skewed, far left liberal agenda is attacking a candidate who can get us back on the right track. Do we need wellfare? Of course we do. But there need to be limits and measures put into place to see that the people that need it are getting it, and more importantly help to make them self sustaining. If we just let these lobbyists, like Mr. Justin for instance, win, by putting one of their pawns in office, the next thing you know, the top 1% well be working the system to get welfare. How is that fair to you, the average tax payer? I guess you'd have to ask Mr. Justin.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12