Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a battle of epic proportions!

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

Default a battle of epic proportions!

Inspired by talk about games of old, I headed to my rusty N64 and started up a game on Pokemon Stadium 2 with my Red version loaded. I immediately challenged the elite four with my trusty team by my side:

Ifreet, my starter pokemon

Fuu, my Hitmonlee

Wilder, my Articuno

Volt, my Zapdos

James, the then-Magikarp I bought from the old man in the Pokecenter near Mt. Moon (duly named after James of Team Rocket and his "adventures" with his "rare" Magikarp)

And Zorgon, Devourer of Horizons...

I started up against Lorelei. When challenging the Elite Four, I dread Lorelei the most because of her motherfucking, bitch-raping Lapras. I swear to the day I die, I'll hate that horrible monster down to the core of my body. However, things went surprising well. Volt managed to knock both Dewgong and Lapras down with Thunder, but Cloyster defeated it with Aurora beam, at which point I brought out Zorgon, who clobbered Cloyster with Solar Beam.

Next was Bruno. Bruno, in my opinion, is the easiest. Wilder destroyed Hitmonchan and Onix with Ice Beam and Blizzard, and then Zorgon used psychic on Hitmonlee. Thus ended the battle.

Agatha was a piece of cake. I brought out Zorgon, who defeated Haunter, Arbok and Muk single-handedly. Haunter and Arbok both were 1-hit KOs, and Muk nearly was, but survived with 16 hp before launching toxic at me. Luckily, it missed, and Zorgon went onto obliterate Muk.

Lance. Don't remember much about it, but I remember it was very uneventful. I used Wilder, and I know there was another one I used but I can't remember it.

Then Gary. Gary is a sexy bastard, but he had to go down. He sent out Dodrio, Exeggutor, and Gyrados. All were destroyed by Volt, and thus ended my battle.

As my prize, I was presented a lovely Squirtle...

Yeah. I'm pretty bored...

Makes me wish i had a digicam to use for pix.

AMAZING
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

you should have taped the battle

will you be a play by play announcer for future pokemon games samsonhickford?

when i grow up i am going to revolutionize pokemon battling as a sport. by then they'll have virtual technology of course.

it will be grand

and you'll all be there. fullmetal you can be a pit bull

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    fullmetal you can be a pit bull

thats one sexy dog

i hate the announcer on pokemon stadium. he's such an ass. but the game just isn't the same if you turn him off, so I always have him on anyway. I hate it when he announces something really obvious like: "the two pokemon battling are two very different types of Pokemon!"

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

WALRUS ROXORS TEH BIG 7337 FUOR!!!11

Were you really that bored?

That announcer can suck a dick. When you get one shotted and he screams "TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!" that doesn't really help to make you feel better. If anything, you feel worse.

Yeah, that sucks. Or when you're in a losing battle and he said, "It's one to three now, and the winner looks clear" or something like that. Arrghhh. But what pisses me off most is when he puts on his cap and becomes Captain Obvious.

I never actually got Pokémon Stadium.

I only really have the main RPGs, and XD. I heard Stadium is glitchy and also has a limited amount of time you can play on it before you get bored. I might be correct, I don't know

Not only was the Pokemon Stadium announcer a total Captain Obvious, but he also sounded like Tracey - must have been the same voice actor. I wish they would have included an option to switch the announcer off. The game would have been more bearable.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

the only problem I've ever had with stadium is actually with my controllers. some of my controllers are so old they're all glitchy and sometimes won't accept the gbc cartridge thing that you insert in the back, so I get all these error messages. It only happens with the older controllers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Not only was the Pokemon Stadium announcer a total Captain Obvious, but he also sounded like Tracey - must have been the same voice actor. I wish they would have included an option to switch the announcer off. The game would have been more bearable.
    You can turn it off. I think you have to go into the options or something, but you can do it. I turned him off once but I had to turn him back on because I needed someone to get mad at for "breaking my concentration" whenever I lost.

There was never an option to switch the announcer off, at least not in the version that I had. Both my friend and I searched through the options menu when I got the game because we couldn't stand the damn voice, but couldn't find any such option. I don't know, perhaps it may have been in some other menu which we overlooked.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

I actually couldnt get half of what cpt. obvious was sayin last time i played stadium (summer iirc) so i dunno how i could lose to pieces of shit like the rival that has lugia, ho-oh and mewtwo, i hated him so much :[

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    There was never an option to switch the announcer off, at least not in the version that I had. Both my friend and I searched through the options menu when I got the game because we couldn't stand the damn voice, but couldn't find any such option. I don't know, perhaps it may have been in some other menu which we overlooked.
    I played it again today, and I went to the options menu and there was clearly a "Voice On/Off" option. That's the one you need to toggle.

toggletoggletoggletoggletoggle

love that word as well

whenever i toggle i always declare "toggle" outloud

I always hated how the announcer said "Zapdos" wrong.
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

he did? how'd he say it?

zap-dowse i assume

Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walrus View Post
    I played it again today, and I went to the options menu and there was clearly a "Voice On/Off" option. That's the one you need to toggle.
    I'll play an emulated PAL version sometime and check again. Im really sure that the option wasn't in that menu, though.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast