Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im going to learn the keyboard

Hybrid View

Default im going to learn the keyboard

so i can add another instrument to my list of 'things i can play but lord cant'

veenuu veenuu veenuu, veeeeenuu veenuu veenuu
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

slightly related fact, my mom plays the veena

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    slightly related fact, my mom plays the veena
    So does mine!
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

lord: guitar lessons for seven years, also plays at least four hours a day
    lord: piano lessons for two years, mostly just plays sheet music
    ascaris: thinks he can play guitar after watching justinguitar for five months, probably does a lot of rookie mistakes that take away from dynamics that he's just ignorant of because he doesn't have a teacher
    ascaris: doesn't play any other instrument
    lord: can play 'something' by paul mccartney on the ukulele
    ascaris: can't read sheet music
    lord: studies music theory
    ascaris: doesn't
    lord: listens to all music genres and is keen to break into the game with a taste of everything
    ascaris: listens to led zep

yes ascaris you are so much more skilled than me, if only i had a microphone or cared that you've placed yourself above the burden of truth
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    lord: guitar lessons for seven years, also plays at least four hours a day
    lord: piano lessons for two years, mostly just plays sheet music
    ascaris: thinks he can play guitar after watching justinguitar for five months, probably does a lot of rookie mistakes that take away from dynamics that he's just ignorant of because he doesn't have a teacher
    ascaris: doesn't play any other instrument
    lord: can play 'something' by paul mccartney on the ukulele
    ascaris: can't read sheet music
    lord: studies music theory
    ascaris: doesn't
    lord: listens to all music genres and is keen to break into the game with a taste of everything
    ascaris: listens to led zep

yes ascaris you are so much more skilled than me, if only i had a microphone or cared that you've placed yourself above the burden of truth
    ascaris i didnt want to do that but you gave me no choice
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

ive been playing drums for almost three years. i can read sheet music albeit not very well. i probably know more music theory than you.

ive been playing drums for almost three years.
    yeah ok ringo

i can read sheet music albeit not very well.
    point to lord. this is a black day for the uae

i probably know more music theory than you.
    assumptions assumptions assumptions rayne.

it's great though

> lord doesn't do something

'he's a liar'

> lord does do something

'he's a liar!'

there's no winning with you

not that i care, over the summer my studio's gonna be complete and i'll silence you

fun fact: i wrote down a set list for a medley i was going to play for you guys and i recorded it but i couldnt transfer it from the ipad to anything else

not that i care, over the summer my studio's gonna be complete and i'll silence you

fun fact: i wrote down a set list for a medley i was going to play for you guys and i recorded it but i couldnt transfer it from the ipad to anything else
    wait when did you get an ipad

wait when did you get an ipad
    it's my parents' not mine, ive mentioned it in passing a bit

you never provide proof for anything that you do and you have had a history of compulsive lying

you never provide proof for anything that you do and you have had a history of compulsive lying
    you're messing up 'lies and therefore must be a compulsive liar' with 'constantly tells the truth but doesn't have the physical means to prove it, not that he should be scrutinised.' i've fucked up enough in the last two years and i am 100% honest. i cant remember the last lie i told and still i have this reputation for being a pathological liar. it's unfounded and it's a viral infection. youre polluted

also getting you riled up is very fun

also getting you riled up is very fun
    'shit, maybe he can play guitar. best put on my troll mask'

It's funny cause neither of you will ever play in even a garage band.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    It's funny cause neither of you will ever play in even a garage band.
    who the hell plays in a garage. three friends and a bedroom is all you need

who even calls it a garage, what is this the 1980s

with the keyboard, guitar and drums in my repertoire, why would i need to congregate with a bunch of retards in a garage to make music?

rc defending his awesome garage band

I hope this somehow culminates in either a Rayne vs. Lord shred battle over Youtube highschool talent show style, or with both of them teaming up to do an absolutely atrocious cover of Master of Puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    I hope this somehow culminates in either a Rayne vs. Lord shred battle over Youtube highschool talent show style, or with both of them teaming up to do an absolutely atrocious cover of Master of Puppets.
    this is the first time youve ever acknowledged my existence redcheetah, how does it feel knowing your avatar is my favourite

and also the one i've plagiarised the most

in fact, when i was 13 i got this work of art done

this is the first time youve ever acknowledged my existence redcheetah, how does it feel knowing your avatar is my favourite

and also the one i've plagiarised the most

in fact, when i was 13 i got this work of art done

It feels like discovering a fat chick has been secretly masturbating to candid pictures of me for the past few years.

ok lord it is time to PROVE YOURSELF

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sound...336353151?mt=8

ok lord it is time to PROVE YOURSELF

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sound...336353151?mt=8
    how do i record, does the ipad has a built in mic? i have a guitar connector but i think it's individually for a different app so i dunno if it'll work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast