Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SOUNDS FROM MONDAY EVENING - A LORD94 TALE OF REDEMPTION

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

Default SOUNDS FROM MONDAY EVENING - A LORD94 TALE OF REDEMPTION

http://soundcloud.com/bortimaeus/sou...monday-evening

tracklist:

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
    Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips
    Tunnels - Arcade Fire
    I Feel Fine - The Beatles
    Power Out - Arcade Fire
    Karma Police - Radiohead
    Holland 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
    Laika - Arcade Fire
    Codex - Radiohead
    Lindisfarne - James Blake
    Blackbird - The Beatles
    Two-Headed Boy Pt. 2 - Neutral Milk Hotel
    Everything In Its Right Place - Radiohead
    Staircase - Radiohead
    Crown of Love - Arcade Fire
    How To Disappear Completely - Radiohead
    Une Année Sans Lumiére - Arcade Fire

Encore (All Radiohead):
    Motion Picture Spundtrack
    Give Up The Ghost
    Reckoner
    Paranoid Android

The encore are my favourites, so skip to the six minute mark if you just want to hear them.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

dogar/10

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

i expect an apology
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

sure sounds like seven years of training, four hours a day of practice to me

- rayne proved wrong

- 'no, no i wont admit defeat'

fuck off already

fyi i was using the acoustic guitar i started playing six years ago ie not a very good guitar. if i had my electric guitar and an amp everything would be pitch perfect but sadly, i just didnt have that opportunity today. make a makeshift thing what it's worth, not much, but it still proves you wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    - rayne proved wrong

- 'no, no i wont admit defeat'

fuck off already
    you can strum a few chords

w/e man, i don't even care anymore. you take that away with you if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    you can strum a few chords
    which i already knew. you played me shit on skype once. whenever i mocked you with 'you dont play guitar' it was tongue in cheek. however you do HIGHLY inflate your guitar prowess.

however you do HIGHLY inflate your guitar prowess.
    this is actually an understatement

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

i'm decent at best at trombone so fuck you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

lord let me take my five year old acoustic and lets have a guitar off. 1 year of self learning vs 7 years of professional training and 4 hours a day of practice. what say you?

the denizens of pokedream forums can decide the victor

is good for you

*Cheers*

ill use my 9 year old tiny acoustic with a broken neck and two strings broken if you wish

which i already knew. you played me shit on skype once. whenever i mocked you with 'you dont play guitar' it was tongue in cheek. however you do HIGHLY inflate your guitar prowess.
    i typed something up for this but w/e, it's not worth it. you think what you wanna think. you kept saying i can't play the guitar, i just proved i play the guitar. i don't remember saying i was some sort of virtuoso, just that i was decent, at least better than you. but hey, if you want to feel like you proved something here, go ahead. take that. i ain't gon stop you. whatever makes you happy

the denizens of pokedream forums can decide the victor
    how would we even do that? people pick a song for us to learn and we record ourselves? why? what's the point. you'll tell yourself you're better anyway, they'll probably side with you because they like you more.

i typed something up for this but w/e, it's not worth it. you think what you wanna think. you kept saying i can't play the guitar, i just proved i play the guitar. i don't remember saying i was some sort of virtuoso, just that i was decent, at least better than you. but hey, if you want to feel like you proved something here, go ahead. take that. i ain't gon stop you. whatever makes you happy
    be honest for once lord. come on. your pride may be insanely hard to swallow for you but ill respect you more for it. bragging as much as you did in the other thread and then having nothing to show for it except a bunch of poorly strummed chords, and playing it off with an excuse about a bad guitar, is silly. i dont mind if you call me shit at guitar because i know im not that good. but dont stroke your ego any more than its worth.

how would we even do that? people pick a song for us to learn and we record ourselves? why? what's the point. you'll tell yourself you're better anyway, they'll probably side with you because they like you more.
    youre being highly insecure right now

you're being incredibly immature right now?

ive been making jokes at your expense for years. i dont know why this guitar thing is rubbing you the wrong way.

be honest for once lord. come on. your pride may be insanely hard to swallow for you but ill respect you more for it. bragging as much as you did in the other thread and then having nothing to show for it except a bunch of poorly strummed chords, and playing it off with an excuse about a bad guitar, is silly. i dont mind if you call me shit at guitar because i know im not that good. but dont stroke your ego any more than its worth.
    bragging? what i did in the other thread wasn't calling out you deluding yourself, it was bragging? get a grip on yourself for once, i don't care if nobody else here argues with your retarded pessimism and world views but i notice it all of the time. you can't be happy. you're miserable. you can't let me prove i play the guitar. p.s. 'poorly strummed' - time signatures; beats; patterns; harmonies; irregular chords, does that mean anything to you? i wasn't even going to mention the guitar, in fact youre right,it doesn't hold much ground because i played everything near right except for the open strings on reckoner and the last segment of codex. not everything is down to solos you know, rhythm is key too and i like that more than your 1970s solos. and rhythm can be tougher to master than solos too. deal with it

bragging? what i did in the other thread wasn't calling out you deluding yourself, it was bragging?
    lord: guitar lessons for seven years, also plays at least four hours a day
    lord: piano lessons for two years, mostly just plays sheet music
    lord: can play 'something' by paul mccartney on the ukulele
    lord: studies music theory
    lord: listens to all music genres and is keen to break into the game with a taste of everything
    maybe

ive been making jokes at your expense for years. i dont know why this guitar thing is rubbing you the wrong way.
    because it's not a joke. the guitar thing and the pd mimicking thing, you can't let go of either. i said it when i was high on pain meds but you keep yourself permanently stuck in the past. and whatever about what i did two or three years ago online, every 13 to 15 year old is retarded. what i did was retarded. but i fucked up bad. real bad one day. i never posted about it but since then ive been 100% honest. if you think i exaggerated my guitar worth based on one rushed recording, ok, you believe that. maybe i hold myself in too much high esteem. but one thing's certain: you think i dont play the guitar. that's not a joke. it never was. and i know one thing as well. joanna newsom describes the harp as an extra limb to her, well my guitar sometimes feels like it's all i have, i dont like it when people ask me to showcase my skills or judge me. in fact irl ive only let 12 of my closest friends hear me play. i just like playing it alone in my room for a few hours, discovering harmonies and conducting stuff in my head. it's my escape time from this life of constant misery. forums are for escapism and i can't even utilise it with you consistently hounding me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast