Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most well traveled of PD members?

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    How is that even possible though, you guys are so much richer than me, how is it that I turned out to be THE globe trotter of PD.
    Because you made a thread pointing it out. Silly Dogar

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

I still find it odd that I'm the most well traveled.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I've been to France, Italy, Spain, Russia and Portugal. I have indeed traveled well but only in Europe. I've never been to Ireland or Scotland, and therefore I haven't even seen most of the British Isles, which I regret. There's just not really a good pretense to go to Scotland...

HA ive been to scotland

dogarrrrr

i prefer to spend my money on other things.. and i can never find the time or courage to just go on holiday spontaneously

I've never left the east coast. I've never really had the urge to leave the country since I get the distinct impression that everyone hates tourists and particularly American ones.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

American tourists are pretty much the most loathed tourists in the world

I wonder if I dressed in a Hawaiian shirt with shorts, sandals, sunglasses, and a goofy hat and wandered around taking lots of pictures and mentioned to people how interesting everything is and got excited over things that are commonplace, maybe people would see me as quaint and harmless rather than obnoxious and in the way.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    American tourists are pretty much the most loathed tourists in the world
    I always say I'm Canadian when outside the country just because other American tourists ruined it for the Americans who are actually good tourists.

Though I've met some Europeans in my state who were annoying tourists too.

not that i've been anywhere but the idea that europeans hate americans is probably not true. i know everywhere on the internet i've ever been with large european population, whenever they talk about a trip to america they always say how great americans actually are.

I also want to act like a totally stereotypical tourist and take incredible interest in things that are commonplace in an attempt to convince the locals that we don't have things like salads or brewed tea.

"What are these crunchy things!? They're delicious!"

"Croutons?"

"We have to buy a bag to bring home!"

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Hahaha RC.

Reminds me of the time I went to Australia and met with a bunch of schoolchildren who didn't realize that Americans use fahrenheit so when they asked me how the temperature was back home, I said "around 100 degrees" without thinking and they thought I was some kind of superhuman.

Interestingly, in countries that Americans don't visit often, it's frequently the British the locals don't like. I spent 6 weeks in Greece last summer, and people were always quite pleasantly surprised to learn I was American and not British like the usual visiting Anglophone.

Wanna room with us?
    Probably going to be staying with one of Casey's friends. Thanks for the offer, though.

το αίμα μου είχε το χρώμα του ουρανού

I feel like the entire European continent these days is basically a gaint soap opera.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walrusss View Post
    Probably going to be staying with one of Casey's friends. Thanks for the offer, though.
    You 21 yet/your friends, and by your friends I mean your female friends. If so, let's get our drunk on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    dogarrrrr

i prefer to spend my money on other things.. and i can never find the time or courage to just go on holiday spontaneously
    If I was there you'd go with me.

As far as people hating American tourists it's a misconception. Locals usually hate tourists in general. Period.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I feel like the entire European continent these days is basically a gaint soap opera.
    Kirby shows his expertise on the multiple love affairs of the Czech Republic. Team Russia!
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

Just as long as there aren't any Slovks.

That reminds me of a hilarious Omegle conversation I had.

Stranger: Where are you from?
    Me: The U.S., you?
    Stranger: Georgia.
    Stranger: Hello, America!
    Me: Hello, Russia.
    Stranger: ...wtf.
    Stranger: Fuck you.
    *disconnect*

Mother fucker never even saw it coming =>_>=

You mean the Soviety Union right? Georgia was never part of Russia, unless you mean the Russian empire.

You remember the South Ossetia war, don't you?

You 21 yet/your friends, and by your friends I mean your female friends. If so, let's get our drunk on.
    not 21 until August. Sorry to disappoint.

Last Animenext some friends and I played Mario Kart while drunk, though. It was fantabulous. But fuck Toad's Turnpike; that course is nothing short of ridiculously impossible while drunk.

But yeah, Europe is pretty much like a soap opera. Kind of fun to watch, though, especially now with Greece's economy imploding and screwing everyone else in the EU over...

το αίμα μου είχε το χρώμα του ουρανού

None of the European leaders at the moment are competent. People tend to dislike English-speaking tourists because they never learn other languages and force tourist destinations to anglicise to accommodate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    You mean the Soviety Union right? Georgia was never part of Russia, unless you mean the Russian empire.
    It's a joke. Putin wants the to assimilate Georgia.

Registered Users Regular darkpredator's Avatar

so you've scene it not just seen it eh?
    In the Void there is nothingness, there is cold, dark nothingness. Yet, the Void desires to touch all things to bring it's blessing of a peaceful nothing to all the universe.

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

I haven't been anywhere.
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

of course I'd go traveling the world with you dogar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast