Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fuck im depressed

Default fuck im depressed

what am i doing with my life

i guess this is my periodic existential crisis

you know i dont really 'talk' to people much. in the sense that i dont really give a shit about the lives of 99% of the people i know and i dont suspect that they give a shit about mine so while in conversation i never venture past mindless chatter. but recently ive realised that my lack of intimate conversations have been making me quite lonely.

i do feel like talking about stuff to people more. not just bullshit because i can talk about bullshit anytime, but something more meaningful. something that matters more than movies or tv shows or technology or whatever. i want to talk about more HUMAN things if that makes any sense whatsoever. but thats hard just start doing. you cant just call up a random person or open a new chat window and begin a philosophical conversation.

i had such a conversation with LORD of all people just a few days ago because there was no one else i felt i could approach.

over the past week or so ive become apathetic about a lot of things i really used to care about. i used to like reading tech blogs and sites of the like but whenever i go there now i just feel disgusted my the materialism and obnoxiousness of the people on there. i was really excited about college about a month ago but i dont even think about it now. its like its too far in the future for me to care about. i have a housing application to submit. i need to apply for a visa. and though my parents have been bugging me to do this for weeks i just cant bring myself to give enough of a shit to do it. i thought id accomplish so much when the holidays began but right after my exams ended all the enthusiasm ended. the books i bought to read lie in mint condition in my cupboard. the unfinished bit of code i was writing for an online course i was taking lies somewhere on my hard drive, unopened for weeks. for weeks ive been lazying around, sleeping for a majority of the day and just fucking around in front of the computer the remainder of my waking ours while every single one of my peers have been engaging themselves in something or the other.

i just want a girlfriend

maybe you are legitimately depressed, it is actually a medical condition sometimes. i dont know how things are CULTURALLY over there but have you considered going on meds. not saying you SHOULD just sayings its something to think about.

this is quite possibly the single worst thread ive ever made

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    maybe you are legitimately depressed, it is actually a medical condition sometimes. i dont know how things are CULTURALLY over there but have you considered going on meds. not saying you SHOULD just sayings its something to think about.
    i dont really think im depressed right now. ive been on this vicious cycle for weeks but this is the first time ive felt truly BAD about it. i guess just more upset at my laziness/apathy to a lot of things than being truly depressed.

you can talk to me rayne!

wtf why cant i delete this thread

DAMN YOU GOD

DAMN YOU TO HELL

submitted for the record

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    you cant just call up a random person or open a new chat window and begin a philosophical conversation.
    This might sound a bit douchey coming from me, but I hope in the future that you can find friends who do allow this.

I currently have two friends who do this to spend time. I'm usually the socially awkward third leg that isn't as good with philosophical debate in real time, but it's just interesting to be around such people. We once watched Source Code and then spent three hours afterwords discussing the time travel aspect of movie. Mostly delved into quantum theory, in how every time he went back he created a different universe, and how most of the plot had, well 'plot holes' that didn't quite work with quantum physics and that the technology they supposedly used to achieve time travel wasn't quite explained without some "deal with it, it's a movie" type deal. One friend argued that since the main character was in a coma, the whole movie could've been a simulation or maybe even an advanced AI system that relied on his brain for ultra complex algorithms. The other friend argued that if it was indeed a simulation, then it would be akin to a lucid dream to where the train exploded because he wanted it to happen, and he only solved the case because he allowed to evidence to show itself.

I enjoy spending time with them.

the only guy i can have conversations like that with is in another country. heh.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

It helps that we mostly talk online. One of them is currently in New Mexico and thus we used Steam to communicate.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

those hormones man, what can you do
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    i had such a conversation with LORD of all people just a few days ago because there was no one else i felt i could approach.
    thats me by the way guys
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Medication for depression is one of the stupidest things to come out of western medicine.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

If there was a bottom 10 for western medical practices, rampant prescription of SSRIs would be in there, along with shock therapy, thalidomide, and blood letting.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

probably not

God probably thinks Psychiatry is a "hard science".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast