Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walrus

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

Default walrus

when are you going to come to an anime convention closer to me? if my new car wasn't a pile of shit and has gage issues, ect. then I'd go farther then 5 hours but I'm worried I'd break down.

"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsh View Post
    I'm worried I'd break down.
    It's ok, I'm here for you

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

<3

can somebody fix the gear in my door panel so my windows go up and down. k thanks pd!
    - Guatama Buddha

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

I think I could and if I couldn't I'd almost guarantee Qoorl could
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

<3

can somebody fix the gear in my door panel so my windows go up and down. k thanks pd!
    That's about 70-100 a door. I have the same problem but for my locks.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    Parts for a window regulator are about $40-$80, labor at $80 an hour looks like a $200-$240 total for the job depending on whether or not the weather stripping needs to be reattached.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

As if I'm giving a labor estimate. I have never paid a person to work on my car unless someone else's insurance paid for it or if it was WAY to much of a bitch, and I mean A BITCH. Hell I've taken an engine out of a geo metro and replaced the clutch rather than pay someone to do it, that's commitment.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Dogar a Geo Metro has all of 3 cylinders. You could deadlift that engine.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

You have no idea how much of a bitch it is to take that engine out and put it back in. Would have costed probably around 1,500+ with parts and labor. Did it for 300, a weekend and a case of beer.

The worse part is that models engine doesn't drop, you have to lift it out. If you ever worked on a real car and not those crotch rockets you'd understand. haha

Dogar what engine made in the past 30 years drops out? They *all* lift out, and you do so with the tranny attached. Most of it is under the hood work. Plus as I said that's a light engine. The thing that gets me is why you pulled the engine to replace the clutch.

Again, you don't work on real motor vehicles so you have no idea how difficult it is to work on one. Yes it IS possible to replace the clutch without taking the engine out, that is, if you are some sort of magical wizard. (By the way guys I'm not a magical wizard.) It is easier to take the engine out then not. (Even auto body shops know that and that is why they charge what they do.) The bitch was putting it back in and aligning everything, God that took 3 fucking hours.

You get a floor jack and a block of wood if you don't wanna shell out for a tranny jack. And if it doesn't wanna cooperate you get under there and bench the son of a bitch in like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCheetah View Post
    You get a floor jack and a block of wood if you don't wanna shell out for a tranny jack. And if it doesn't wanna cooperate you get under there and bench the son of a bitch in like a man.
    Keep driving that crotch rocket and dream those dreams TA, dream.

If you ever worked on a real car and not those crotch rockets you'd understand.
    Hell I've taken an engine out of a geo metro and replaced the clutch
    Most crotch rockets have more displacement than your shopping cart.

At least I can fuck in my shopping cart!

The seat on my bike vibrates, especially on the freeway.

The gear itself is 150 dollars. My boyfriend already looked at it and said it would take him about 4 hours too. I'd imagine it would cost about 400 dollars to fix it plus Cavaliars have MANY issues with the window's gear. From year 95 to 2005.
    - Guatama Buddha

Cavaliers have many issues with being Cavaliers.

The gear itself is 150 dollars. My boyfriend already looked at it and said it would take him about 4 hours too. I'd imagine it would cost about 400 dollars to fix it plus Cavaliars have MANY issues with the window's gear. From year 95 to 2005.
    Really? 150 in parts? That's insane.

The seat on my bike vibrates, especially on the freeway.
    What kind of bike do you have anyways?

and yeah dogar it's an american car, what do you expect for parts
    - Guatama Buddha

Those pensions ain't gonna pay themselves.

And it's just an old Ninja 250. IDK why Dogar thinks it's a crotch rocket. Then again his car is dwarfed by Miatas.

Not like the parts are made in America though, hell a lot aren't even made in Japan anymore. It's just cheep Chinese garbage. Taiwan too. Rubber tubing from most of Asia is shit and you have to replace it every two years if you are unlucky enough to get fucked over by Pep-Boys.

yeah got a friend with a ninja 250cc, forgot what year but it is older. my boyfriend owns a rc51 1000cc and it's pretty fun.
    - Guatama Buddha

Not like the parts are made in America though, hell a lot aren't even made in Japan anymore. It's just cheep Chinese garbage. Taiwan too. Rubber tubing from most of Asia is shit and you have to replace it every two years if you are unlucky enough to get fucked over by Pep-Boys.
    no idea why it is but it's a known fact most american car parts are more expensive. or from what I noticed. would have rather kept driving that mazda protege but not I have that cavaliar..

thinking of getting a mustang gt but I feel like I'd look like a douchebag.
    - Guatama Buddha

Those pensions ain't gonna pay themselves.

And it's just an old Ninja 250. IDK why Dogar thinks it's a crotch rocket. Then again his car is dwarfed by Miatas.
    I just like calling it that being, you know, you and crotches and all. And I drive a Ford Taurus. Most reliable fucking car in the world minus that one bad catalytic converter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast