Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Short Play I Wrote

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    Oddly enough though, your take on the "meaning" of the play is quite different from my take on the "meaning" of the play. You are quite the critical thinker my friend, I applaud you.
    Also, this probably means your play is very esoteric, which means you're making it for a very specific audience (the class you're submitting it to). If you post it for an audience that has no idea what the context is (pd) nobody will understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    wtf does this even mean
    shut up solly maybe it's a joke.

shut up solly maybe it's a joke.
    it can't be a joke, there were no double exclamation marks!

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

wtf does this even mean
    You have to read plays written after the 1970s to really understand that statement; Blasted, Cloud 9, etc. A lot of contemporary playwrights don't write plays to be read and sometimes they write plays with an intention to make them bad reads. Theater is not supposed to be textual, theater is supposed to be alive. Thus, I write plays that resist being read, all the greats do it.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Also, this probably means your play is very esoteric, which means you're making it for a very specific audience (the class you're submitting it to). If you post it for an audience that has no idea what the context is (pd) nobody will understand it.
    To be honest it is pretty straight forward. You have to understand religious studies and basic metaphysical philosophy I suppose to get some of the points. I wasn't trying to write a great play, I just wrote it.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

You have to read plays written after the 1970s to really understand that statement; Blasted, Cloud 9, etc. A lot of contemporary playwrights don't write plays to be read and sometimes they write plays with an intention to make them bad reads. Theater is not supposed to be textual, theater is supposed to be alive. Thus, I write plays that resist being read, all the greats do it.
    I'm pretty sure that's completely untrue. If a writer were writing a big-name play, they would try and make it as easy as possible to read or else they would go broke because no director would choose them.

Also, for your sake, I actually acted out the play for myself, just to see if you were right. It was still shit.

To be honest it is pretty straight forward. You have to understand religious studies and basic metaphysical philosophy I suppose to get some of the points. I wasn't trying to write a great play, I just wrote it.
    !!??

Look over here, we have a famous play critic named Solly.

Famous playwright Dogar retaliates with the stunning wit we find throughout his works.

hahaha

I like it Dogar. I wanted to say some stuff about how it was nice you used Gandhi, and spelled the name right and everything, but then people are going to say I'm COPYING Rayne and whoever else appreciated it.

Anyway, how long did it take you to write? As in, how did you get the idea and develop it?
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

I knew I was going to talk to Jesus and Gandhi, how or what we talked about I had no ideas. So I just started writing my entrance and how I wanted a cigarette. Then all a sudden i tought to myself, "what would Jesus do if I couldn't light it," and then it kind of wrote itself. It took about an hour but 40 percent of that was finding quotes that were relevent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12