Thread: Yo Rayne

Default Yo Rayne

Is a black hole dissipation affected by the slowing down of time around a black hole? I know it dissipates due to quantum particles not being affected by high gravity (general relativity), but are they affected by time? Or is that like an illusion of slowed time or something due to the bending of the space time fabric.

what

you know i dont actually know a lot about hawking radiation. ill do some RESEARCH and might get back to you.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

If there's math and science involved Kirby will automatically go to Rayne for answers...

kirby i read an entire BOOK to try and answer your question and i still dont understand it

Is a black hole dissipation affected by the slowing down of time around a black hole?
    no. i dont know what that other shit is about.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    If there's math and science involved Kirby will automatically go to Rayne for answers...
    which is funny because rayne isn't even that good at either
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

i dont understand what pichubro was implying but i dont think its what lord thinks

Ok, correct me if I am wrong anywhere:
    1. Black holes warp time
    2. This is because of the warped time is to do the bending the space time curve (general relativity)
    3. Black holes dissolve due to quantum particles
    4. quantum particles are not affected by general relativity
    5. so are they (whatever particles responsible for a black hole dissolving), affected by the space-time warp as far as time goes?

everything after 1 makes no sense

explain

antiparticle and particle pairs get formed due to quantum effects outside the event horizon of the black hole. usually these annihilate each other but some of them are formed close enough to the event horizon that both the particle or antiparticle or either one may get sucked into the black hole. if only one of them gets sucked in, the other one does not get annihilated and can escape in the form of radiation. radiation travels at the speed of light (because light is essentially radiation) and is thus not affected by the warping of time near the black hole.

and by particles i dont mean material particle like electrons or whatever but the particles (or waves) associated with forces like gravity or electromagnetism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    antiparticle and particle pairs get formed due to quantum effects outside the event horizon of the black hole. usually these annihilate each other but some of them are formed close enough to the event horizon that both the particle or antiparticle or either one may get sucked into the black hole. if only one of them gets sucked in, the other one does not get annihilated and can escape in the form of radiation. radiation travels at the speed of light (because light is essentially radiation) and is thus not affected by the warping of time near the black hole.
    ah the key point is that this happens just outside the event horizon

ok

yes how could it possibly happen inside it

i was expecting responding to this thread to be a greater intellectual exercise

so there aren't any time dilation effects just outside a black hole?

there are. anything that exerts a lot of gravity affects spacetime. but the speed of radiation is independent of time.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    i dont understand what pichubro was implying but i dont think its what lord thinks
    i didn't get what pichubro was implying either, i just saw an open window and smelled the cake inside
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

The cake is a lie.