Thread: i think i can see the way forward for something, possibly a merge between news/opinions and something else i just forgot

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default i think i can see the way forward for something, possibly a merge between news/opinions and something else i just forgot

but basically it would be like a personalised blog for anyone who wanted it. no comments or friends or mentioning each other would be allowed. every entry would be anonymous and it was all connected through some constantly updated index page.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

What.

I think you just described 4chan.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

no
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

no comments, it would be like a massive anonymous msn chat i suppose, where you could only read introductory tags that you'd click on to find the rest of the post

is good for you

Hey Lord are you a fan of Jeff Goldblum?

it would be interesting to see what sort of hierarchy would be created, if any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    Hey Lord are you a fan of Jeff Goldblum?
    i like the existentialism social issue he raised in the epic, somewhat tedious movie that found itself convoluted by its insane concept and crazily complicated allegory, cats & dogs

that is to say, nope i just wikipedia'd him to see who he was and realised i saw cats and dogs when i was little

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    it would be interesting to see what sort of hierarchy would be created, if any at all.
    If it's actually anonymous, none at all.

you're not thinking outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    no comments, it would be like a massive anonymous msn chat i suppose, where you could only read introductory tags that you'd click on to find the rest of the post
    I want my comments

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

Kirby only talks to people if he gets credit for it in the form of an arbitrary number somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    Kirby only talks to people if he gets credit for it in the form of an arbitrary number somewhere
    yep

I don't think it would catch on. Humans are very social creatures. Yes they do like to brag/complain, but they need feedback, gratification, and reference. Having it be Anonymous and not having anyone else be able to pet their ego, would be a bullet to the head of your idea. A few recluses might like it, and it might get a bit of buzz eventually, but it would pass as a fad pretty quickly.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!