6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 33.33%
  • No

4 66.67%

Thread: Anime Board

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default Anime Board

I say we make it again, I really think it would be best.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

no one would post in it

I would and I REALLy want to make a long epic avatar thread that would be stickyed. Plus I miss the goo old day en me and Pichubro had a 12 page thread just about flcl. Having those in misc. just seems to cluttery. If we have 6 different forums about random ass hit on Pokemon then I think an anime/animation board will not blow up the world. Plus I want to make a random as user a mod of that Board to e able to make random comments on how we better stay in line or so and so will take measures against us and say how much of a tough mod that person is. Hahaha

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

perhaps if we create this board and offer graceroxx that very modship she might stay

Hahahaha that was EXACTlY what I was thinking. And rayne it would be an anime/animation thread. If anything though avatar is just as much anime as bleach is, the difference is bleach sucks.

the difference is...... bleach is made by the japanese

In my opinion anime is semantically changing in definition thus I will use avatar as an example as anime.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Technically, Avatar is animated in Korea.

Character design in the US though but I'd argue that is is anime do to its stylistic properties. I mean seriously, is there a semantical difference betwee impressionist art depending on where the art was geographically created? No.

Anime is short for animation. Spongebob is an anime.

As how the word is defined and evolving you are incorrect.

The Japanese use the word 'anime' to describe ANYTHING animated. They call Disney movies anime.

ive only watched 2 animes. and both of them this year

Registered Users Regular

the only anime i watch are all made from japan, yes anime is short for animation and so spongebob would count but i like to say that anime and animation are different because of the way the japanese anime is created. in some recent studdies ive done anime is kinda evolving into its own definition because the chinese and koreans are making there own anime shows as well (chinese anime, korean anime, and the usual anime we all know is mostly from japan) some US people like to refer to manga as Comics which is true too but at the same time its not because manga is develaping into its own definitions too. im not too good at explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    The Japanese use the word 'anime' to describe ANYTHING animated. They call Disney movies anime.
    Yes Pichubro, that is what it was traditionally called and used, in the 70s. The word have seemantically evolved and is now a stylistic definition. What you are doing is what "that" guy does when he says, "I'm gay....hahaha get it, get means happy." So in other words, you're acting gay.

when I was in Japan, I would browse video stores and under the 'anime' label was everything from Pokemon, to Lon King, to Toy Story, to Dragonball Z.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Nothing to lose by just making it on demand, the forum isn't going to look any more dead than it already is!
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Nothing to lose by just making it on demand, the forum isn't going to look any more dead than it already is!
    I second this. There will be an Anime board. Case Closed.