Thread: Qoorl Comic Book recommendation thread

Default Qoorl Comic Book recommendation thread

Post here and I'll try to recommend a good book for you to read. Post your literary/genre interests, that'll help.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

if there was no gravity, could you pick up thors hammer?

Also I watch a marvel cartoon movie recently named "planet Hulk."

The Hulk was green and big the whole time and was able to control himself and even have conversations, what gives?

apparently yeah, that's kind of what the Red Hulk did when he fought him. At least that's currently how it goes. throughout time though the answer was no, it was magic and that's why you couldn;t lift it. Not counting the Red Hulk (who cheated) there have been 4 (I think) other characters that have lifted Thor's Hammer: Captain America, the VERY BAD ASS Beta Ray Bill, Storm, and Wonder Woman (in one of the rare dc/marvel crossovers). A book for you to read? Hmm.. anything with the Great Lakes Avengers/GL X-men/GL-Champions/Lightning Rods in it. They had a miniseries a while back that was actually pretty decent. Find somewhere to DL it...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

The movie leaves some stuff out but Planet Hulk was the most awesome fuckin thing to come out of Marvel. I HAD the huge hardcover version of it but someone (An ex-wife) let it get destroyed....

And yes, the Hulk has different personalities. The one in Planet Hulk is pretty much in control of himself, has sealed away Banner for the most part, and is pretty awesome. At the end of the World War Hulk Storyline he got blasted with some Plot Device Weapon that turned him back into Banner and that Personality went away for a long while. It LOOKS like that one is back in the current Incredible Hulk run.. picked up issue 7 today. SPOILER ALERT: He Killed Banner.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Production Note about the Planet Hulk Movie: Notice how the faces of some of the people responsible for blasting the Hulk into space were grayed out? Fox has the rights to any X-men and Fantastic Four movie/ animated media at the moment, so they couldn't ACTUALLY show Reed Richards or Professor X. Don't remember if Black Bolt is faded out... they may not have put him in the movie at all since no one outside of comic book fans know who he is at all.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

I also saw Hulk vs. too.

Is the hulk like basically invincible, because he ate a fucking grenade.

yeah. They did a series of Non Cannon Books a long time ago... The End. The Hulk: The End book was pretty great. Hulk can regenerate from pretty much anything and he gets stronger the madder he gets with no upper limit... he can be beaten/knocked unconscious though.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Why can't they just grind him up when unconscious.

Seriously.

About to watch Hulk Vs. with Alora actually.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Hulk's power level fluctuate's greatly. Also, there is another Hulk... the Red Hulk. He's always as strong as he can be though. he generates heat the madder her gets.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Toph could lift Thor's hammer.

Like I said, my recommendation for you is the Great Lakes Avengers... they aren't really the Avengers...or The X-men... they won the rights to the Champions name in a poker game. They're the self appointed protectors of Wisconsin. Team Roster:

Mr. Immortal: He can't die.

Doorman: His body can be used as a door between places. ie. he stands up against a wall, you can walk through him through the wall

Dinah Soar: A pink pterodactyl girl... killed off in the Great Lakes Avengers miniseries
    Grasshopper: wears a metal suit that gives him super jumping ability killed of in the GLA mini immediately after he joined the team.

Flat-Man: Openly Gay Super hero... has the same powers as Mr. Fantastic only...he's flat. So he can hide by turning sideways. A Doctor of something... not nearly as smart as Mr. Fantastic. Deputy Leader of the Team.

Big Bertha: Whenever she's hit with kinetic force she gets fatter. She can barf it all out. The team doesn;t know that she's actually a super hot super model when she doesn;t have her powers activated.

Squirrel Girl: Has the mutant power to communicate with Squirrels. Has super sharp teeth that can cut through anything, little bitty knuckle spikes... like Wolverine's claws but smaller, sharp climbing claws. Has Defeated Doctor Doom, Thanos, Deadpool, currently the babysitter for the real Avenger's children.

Leather Boy: Into Bondage. When Mr. Immortal put an add in the paper to form a super team, Leather Boy thought it was something else. He's not actually in the team.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Couple of Quick Recommendations for people.

Justin: NextWave: Agents of H.A.T.E. I think you'll like it. Go find a copy online somewhere.

Hmm.. that's all I got right this second. I'll have to do a little thinking to find a book that's right for EVERYONE on PD.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

in the hearts and souls and minds of mortals

i do love me some squirrel girl.

DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! IT WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!- Alora Owens: Age 6

as soon as I was about to post I got raped... -Kirby: Age... whatever

Actually Kirby, giving it more thought, I recommend, Guardians of the Galaxy to you. You need to acquire a copy of Annihilation first (it's a series of mini series, and it sets up the cast for GotG) It's got ridiculousness, sci-fi, and kickassery, and apparently Magic. Read Annihilation and I can fill you in a little on the characters if you're lost.

JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Hicky I recommend Hellboy. It's got History and Literary references... it's pulp action for the highbrow reader.

JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Rayne I think I'm gonna recommend Warren Ellis's run on Thunderbolts to you. Actually it's a good recommendation for you, Lord, and God. Check it out. I think it starts with Issue 110. The entire series is pretty good. But for you Jaded younger generation, I think you'll prefer it starting with Ellis as writer.

JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!