Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: why doesnt pd have a movie thread

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Well, if you look more into it, most of the main characters WERE robots so I wouldn't say they needed LESS of them. Great anime, one of the top 10.

So what did the lady say GOD!?

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

you are so *something*, couldnt make out the last word.

Keep listening then!!!

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

i THINK that third word was a 'si', could've been a syllable on the last word. 'you are' something though.

By the way, you can test out of French 101,102,201, and 202 and then only ned to take 2 more French classes to get a minor.

"Vous ętes si gentil." Get better ears. Now what does THAT say?

you are so kind

Gentil can also be translated to sweet as well. That is what I'm going with.

Also, most language students are women and those polyglots cream fir men that know how to use a tongue in foreign ways, in various different aspects.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

blade runner! if you want to see harrison ford get his ass kicked for 2 hours and ultimately lose, here's your chance. i like to start with bad things about something, then end on a positive note, so here goes: the movie is long and drawn out. most of the scenes are rather boring and dont add up to much at the end. the character of harrison ford is confused and dull, sort of acting as both an anti-hero and a hero at the same time. the villains dont have much build up, and they arent really villains, but just scared individuals who the state has to capture. the ending is a trainwreck. establishing the villain as a good guy and showing that harrison never had an arc at all. the villain saves him and thats pretty much it. the movie goes nowhere with that concept, so its left for the audience. that is kind of sloppy in my opinion.

ok, so whats good about the movie? the atmosphere. my god can ridley scott pull you into another universe. he has this ability to make anything seem like real life, no matter how silly. he is a visual master, and it should be stated that this is my favorite work of his to date, despite its flaws. harrison ford acts well through his narrow victories and vicious ass-beatings, and the supporting cast is enjoyably silly or morose. i really love the set design too. they put their heart and soul into every image you see, and you can physicially feel it sometimes.

so is the movie good? sure. is it a mess? most definitely.

if you like films that have heart and atmosphere, but amount to harrison ford being beat up, this is your film i guess.

your welcome

pants thinks shaun of the dead is a better film than blade runner

but really:

"showing harrison never had an arc at all"
    what does that mean

i think he means harrison ford's penis isnt curved

normally the above would be a silly post to make but since its referencing pants there are no limits

no, it means he never gained anything or changed. he never really learned anything in the film. nothing was revealed to him that mattered to him personally, or effectively changed who he was. he was this character, he did what he was told to, he loses, bad guy saved him, the end.

you could argue he learned that the villain was more human or had grown mor compassion and spirit than harrison ever had, but that didn't really affect him at all. it was just something.

and yes. shaun is a perfect film. i do think it is far better than blade runner in atmosphere, writing, execution, heart, and character.

your welcome

well he uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh kinda learns hes a robot

dude its pants. he transcends logic. let him be.

isn't he told that in his opening scene? you know... where they establish who the bladerunner is and what he does?

and even under that realization, it never changed who he was.

your welcome

no

tim talk about why you love blade runner to explain your position on the movie. write your own review so we can all objectively see your point of view. "no" is not a review.

your welcome

no

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

Shaun of the Dead is actually a fantastic film. Very well put together.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

another person who likes a wonderful movie! huzzah

your welcome

today i watched an american film for one

i am a fugitive from a chain gang(1932) - definitely one of the best ever. good story, very tense throughout, and has THE best ending i've ever seen.

and pants by 'no' i mean deckard goes not realize he's a replicant in the beginning. he thinks he's just a regular cop, hence why he thinks he's "retired" and is getting pulled back in against his wishes. he slowly begins to suspect it throughout until he realizes at the very end. learning you're a cyborg who is going to die in probably just a couple years but with no real knowledge of your expiration date and therefore decide to go on the run with your replicant girlfriend, i think that constitutes and PRETTY BIG plot arc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast