Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My political views:

i think most murder (from mass killing sprees by psychopaths to 'she was cheating on me so i killed her') should be categorised as mental illness and should be treated as such. if the treatment is a 'success' then they should be allowed to lead regular lives though on parole for as long as the officials see fit. if treatment fails then, and only then, should they be isolated from society.

im aware that there are issues like 'well how do you know for sure they arent going to kill anyone'. nobody's going to be sure, but no one is ever sure that prisoners in the current system who are released arent going to commit more crimes. at the very least i feel giving people adequate help and another chance is more moral than killing them or letting them rot in a jail cell for the rest of their lives.

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

I'm with Rayne on the prison thing, at least for the first offense. Although if there's no penalty for robbing people then for a lot of people they'd see no reason not to, so that's a tough one for me.

And God, I mean making it more efficient, making it easier for those who really need it to get money and a lot harder for those who don't need money to get it. But I have no idea how to do that so really that's just smoke out my ass
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12