Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Measure of a Forum: TA's autobiography

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Default The Measure of a Forum: TA's autobiography

A long long time ago I found this forum in a state only a few people can remember. KG, LM, EM, and Ranger Girl are the only ones that come to mind. The Misc. boards were fewer in number (only 4 as I recall), the pokemon boards were by far the most popular, and overall it was a very alien landscape compared to this. To give an example of how bad it was, in the forums there was an "I'm leaving" topic about a person who was called a name (something like bossy or poopyhead) and was pissed and decided to leave. I think about 5 people apologized and begged her not to go. It was bad. So I showed up and started to work my magic, slowly and gently pushing the forum away from pokemon and pretty much taking over the Misc. boards. With the help of RC (then CjayC as some may remember) I managed to turn the tide of the forums, claiming dominence over the mods for the first time in the forum's history and after being brought back from bannination multiple times managed to keep that position. These were fun days, days where I was a well respected member of an innocent community, LUEshi's flowed forth like a fountain.

Fast forward to the "Red Days" when debate topics were rampent thanks to Red's overactive and idiotic sense of politics, religion, and any other controvercial issue. Walls of text filled the forums and there was always something to bitch about. During this time I petitioned for a Debate board, a music board, and a newbie introduction board. At the time, only 2/3 were given to me, thus Red's topics lingered in the Misc. Discussion board. This is where my mind gets fuzzy, I'm fairly sure I brought Dogar (and with him he brought God) here before I petitioned for a spam board. Anyway, I got that too. My time as THE respected member of PD was shot down when those two joined, like Goku and Jimmy cept a lot less angry and a lot more funny. Those two took over and I occasionally popped in and out, my reputation still holding. Neeherc attacked I think right as they joined and I had to fight him off which prolonged my reputation. The Neeherc attack was pretty bad, he did a lot of damage and killed some wonderful topics.

During that time I staged what I consider my best achievement to date. I gathered up a bunch of people in the spam forum, God included, as well as some people from my IM list, and had them spam the shit out of a Christian Homeschool Debate forum that was harrassing me and a buddy of mine. Within a day the forum was locked down, half the members quit as well. The forum said they were attacked by internet terrorists and that they were pursueing legal action against us. To this day that forum requires you to pass a screening before they allow you to join, and so far none of the people involved have been allowed back in.

Eventually, another and perhaps the final mod attack occured. Dragonboy/Celebi deleted the best of our topics, banned all accounts he deemed evil, and worst deleted my original Bottom 100 list. The original far surpassed the current one. He was beaten back with swift justice but a part of that broke my spirit, so I retreated to MySpace. There I made a blag just for PD. It was hilarious and has close to 800 hits today, but sadly this blag lost me my job much later on. With one last ditch attempt I tried to get popularity by claiming I was RC. People hated me for it, so I left again.

Before the forums moved I protested, but eventually it happened. God and Dogar were the new Admins and I was a lowly mod, not even one capable of bannings. I knew my days of olde tyme glory were gone, there were no mods to fight and no admins to persuade and no forums to trash, just life on PD. The place became a tight knit community I visited off and on, most of the new members not knowing who I am, what I was, or what I did. When Goku and Jimmy came was the final nail in the coffin though, I realized when I tried to fight them that I wasn't fighting just them but the sluggish stupidity of the majority of PD. Compensating for other people was worse than trying to take them 2 on 1. At that I left and haven't returned till now.

Notable Mentionings:

The Groovy Forums
    These were the coolest places to be, albeit for a short time. The first was funny, the second even better and lasted a bit longer. I miss them to be honest as the entirety of PD is now mixed with them and it was nice to have that freedom limited to only those who were worthy of it. These forums, made by God, are how we survived many a mod attack.

The Fanfic Reviews
    Back in the days when the fics were about stories not just shitty emo poems. The funny kind where you can sit down for 30 minutes and pick at the multitude of problems till you're fairly sure they'll never post on that forum again.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

TA, this made me cry.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

A fallen champion's tale is retold...

A sadly nostalgic tale of triumph and bitter sweet victory, ultimately leading to a fall from glory.

Never Forget

I miss the groovy forums =;_;=
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

The sad thing is, when you start a revolution, you either win or lose. You can't have the glory of battle forever.

At least ... we won.

*salutes*

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

You may be a defeated general, but you still have 1 solder's support. You are the only one who can claim the forums back. Become the TA who kicked the asses of anyone who stood in the way again and Claim back your place.

The trumpets of war are lingering in the distance, and the soldiers pay respects for their fallen hero.

God bless

He isn't fallen, just defeated. He needs to reclaim his honor in battle.

He's a magnificent man, rising from the ashes like a legend

He wasn't defeated. He just dropped off when there was no good fight to fight anymore. Slain by victory. TA's soul is the soul of a man who cannot be content, he cannot sit around in a peaceful kingdom. He needs a war to truly live.

There is a war to be fought, you just can't see it.

it's the war within~

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

I think TA can reclaim his glory by defeating the one and only Goku_King_Anime, a one on one battle. If TA were to win, he would then battle the Jimmy chow thing and if TA won both, he would reclaim his glory and Goku and Jimmy shall be BANNED.

Just a thought...

Sharingan

The war inside yourself.

I say me and him banish all of you fags that seem to think you run the place.

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

No, only you have war within yourself, because you're that damn emo kid.

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

^ That was towards Sharingan.

BTW just so ya know the title was taken from an autobiography written by a black man.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

Making it all the more powerful

I probably should take on Goku and Jimmy, it'd probably be fun and might be worth archiving.

Here I am with my empire

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar

Fight the good fight, TA!
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

To make it even more interesting we could throw in a little wager.

Here I am with my empire

I like the sound of that. What kind of wager? Do tell, good sir.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast