Thread: This isn't normal.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default This isn't normal.

I've ventured into many an internet community in my time, and no matter how popular it was, there were usually only two things that ended up happening: either the old members dropped off in search of new horizons and they were replaced by a new set of join dates, or the forums shut down due to lack of activity/funds. Hell, even the big Pokemon forums, only a few people have actually remained consistent for more than two years. Even here, where are all of the glorified 'elite' posters? Where are the background posters of 2005? Forums are just like a year-long night class. There and prominent for a while, but then you move on in search of something else. It's not a regular occurrence to have internet relationships so long, and no matter how looked down it is in real life, it also is apparently not too endorsed throughout most of the internet.

So what sets us apart? Are we truly the rebels without a cause, confined to a mutual idealisation of how forums should be run instead of the traditional rule set way, as many of us, myself included, have proposed before? Or is that we're just incapable of moving on, be it due to sentimental attachment to the forum or are own social failures at being unable to integrate into a new forum?
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

sure

Nah, we just generally like each other around here. You hang out with people you enjoy. That's a basic cog of socialization.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!