Thread: you must enter a title/subject!

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default you must enter a title/subject!

what are the best horror films

side bonus: best zombie movies
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

the only movie which truly freaked me out wasnt even a scary movie. it was the sixth sense. the trailer of the exorcism of emily rose scared me but i havent actually gotten around to seeing the movie.

i generally despise the zombie/gore/horror genre because the movies are so consistently low quality

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

The only movie that ever got me was Donnie Darko, and that also wasn't horror. I guess if you want to be fightened out of your chair for a second, scary movies are designed for that. But if you want the feeling of fear to stay with you, it needs to be something that messes with your mind, like a disturbing psychological thriller.

Zombie movies are pretty great though. They're not scary persay, but they are awesome to watch and usually pretty funny.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

not a movie but the anime lain instills legitimate unease at many times

no not disturbing psychological thrillers, scary movies. thats what scary movies should be. they should SCARE you not just give you an adrenaline rush by having some random monster pop out with sound effects. its sad that scary movies have now been reduced to cheap shocks and gore.

also i didnt find donnie darko very disturbing. i found the bunny guy almost comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    no not disturbing psychological thrillers, scary movies. thats what scary movies should be. they should SCARE you not just give you an adrenaline rush by having some random monster pop out with sound effects. its sad that scary movies have now been reduced to cheap shocks and gore.
    Scary movies have never been about scaring people!

the exorcist

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    also i didnt find donnie darko very disturbing. i found the bunny guy almost comical.
    I was ten.

yeah i was pretty young when i saw the sixth sense. however i did see it again about two months ago and felt uneasy that night.

I don't watch horror movies, mostly because I don't like seeing blood.

This is the scariest I've seen
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

saw that. not scary at all.

Shaun of the Dead > all other zombie movies
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

The Cradle disturbed me. Of course at the time I was in the middle of fighting a losing battle to get my marriage to work and worried about the future of Alora. I still resent my ex for making me watch it.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!