Thread: Rayne I figured out why we haven't been able to achive our maximum potentials in recent memory.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default Rayne I figured out why we haven't been able to achive our maximum potentials in recent memory.

Up until I was twelve, I had a best friend who I spent most of my time with, every day. We were pretty bright for our age and we had similar interests so we usually attempted most things together. What I've noticed looking back is that those twelve years were so easy for me because he made it so damn difficult. The two of us easily slotted into whatever was going on, whether we were getting early personal writing projects of ours off the ground; acting; sports; music; reading; Pokemon card games; Yu-Gi-Oh! card games... anything I can think of that I had an interest in at that age. We seemed to be instantly above average at everything, and that's not just nostalgia talking, the reason I find reality so tough to deal with these days is that I'm no longer the best. But he challenged me mentally. I think I did too. We were always trying to outdo each other, all of the time. He's since prospered into a remarkable member of society, most likely due to him finding another half of the Lennon/McCartney relationship we had to replace me. I was not so lucky. As I've said before, most of my friends are great people, but I don't share much in common with them in terms of intellect or interests. And while I can deal with harbouring them and pursuing them myself, I think my standard dropped as soon as I lost someone to be challenged by.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

The more I think about it the more it rings true. Would Cosmo have taken off if it wasn't for me and Rayne constantly competing with each other?
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

is good for you

No, to be honest. It didn't have any sort of theme to attract people to, like Pokemon to PD, for example. Sure, you can invite people, and those people can invite people, but when it comes to "taking off" and being successful, you need to have a theme or an actual site instead of relying on your friend's friends

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    No, to be honest. It didn't have any sort of theme to attract people to, like Pokemon to PD, for example. Sure, you can invite people, and those people can invite people, but when it comes to "taking off" and being successful, you need to have a theme or an actual site instead of relying on your friend's friends
    That's making the baseless assumption that the ideal and envisioned Cosmo was a bubbling, constantly thriving community. The idea was a tight-knit group of cool people posting, and that's exactly what it was, much longer than its original expiration date.

P.S. this Lennon/McCartney theory can even be applied to God and Dogar or Goku_King_Anime and Kung Fu Jimmy Chow!

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    That's making the baseless assumption that the ideal and envisioned Cosmo was a bubbling, constantly thriving community. The idea was a tight-knit group of cool people posting, and that's exactly what it was, much longer than its original expiration date.
    A baseless assumption, or a much better use of the phrase "taking off"

A baseless assumption, or a much better use of the phrase "taking off"
    Definitely not the latter anyway 'Taking off' isn't a grounded phrase, it's relative to context.

is good for you

It's hard to take a phrase with context in mind when there is no context to begin with. Oh, wait, I know what you mean! "Lord is saying it, so with that context in mind, I can conclude that this phrase shall be used obtusely and contradictory to the original meaning of it." Gotcha

It's hard to take a phrase with context in mind when there is no context to begin with. Oh, wait, I know what you mean! "Lord is saying it, so with that context in mind, I can conclude that this phrase shall be used obtusely and contradictory to the original meaning of it." Gotcha
    You were on Cosmo from the very beginning, you knew what we set out for when we created it. So when I said context I made the assumption that you'd probably remember that because it's mostly common sense. And the way I used it wasn't a contradiction of the word, I'm not the oxymoronic type.

It's been great verbally sparring with you, Celery. I'll go and continue exercising my mind and creating crazy social hypothesises, you can keep ragging on people unnecessarily and wrongly!

is good for you

You were on Cosmo from the very beginning, you knew what we set out for when we created it. So when I said context I made the assumption that you'd probably remember that because it's mostly common sense.
    Isn't that not context, then? I'm starting to think you don't know what context is. Unless, of course, the topic was created specifically for me. In that case, I am flattered

Really think the plot is calling the kettle black here, Celery, because I'm lead to believe you yourself have no idea what the word 'context' means. Obviously the thread wasn't made for you - the Cosmo line was an added afterthought. No, it was not specifically aimed at you but actually anyone who had any idea of what Cosmo was about. I'm going to stop now because your efforts to defy logic are hurting my head. I'll let you have the last word, no doubt you'll feel compelled to say something as misguided as your previous posts.

is good for you

Really think the plot is calling the kettle black here, Celery
    Another phrase done wrong by: Lord

Yall will bitch about anything.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

is good for you

It's better than complaining about activity!