Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Saddam's Dead

Hybrid View

Default So Saddam's Dead

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ein/index.html

Still not sure if I think he should have gotten the death penatly or not. It makes him a martyr, and serves only as good TV and a good story to mark the begining of new Iraq, which barely justifies potentially making a martyr to thousands of insurgents who hardly need any more reason to blow themselves up. But it defeats the possibility of some crazy government switch or something, which is quite possible in an unstable Iraq, and him getting out, coming back into power and trying to get revenge on America with his nice chemical weapons, also it serves as a deterrent saying that regimes like his cannot be tolerated.

Overall, I guess I'd have to say THUMBSUP to the execution, although something about the unheard of quickness of the process with no appeal makes me go :/

Advanced Trainer

I knew about this last night. I really have no comment...

Well...I guess this is a good thing. He was a terrible person and all, but now we have to worry about what his loyal followers are going to do in response to this...

*sigh* I really hate this war
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Back for a bit. Miss me? UmbreonGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    Well...I guess this is a good thing. He was a terrible person and all, but now we have to worry about what his loyal followers are going to do in response to this...

*sigh* I really hate this war
    that makes 2 of us.

Advanced Trainer

We all really hate this war. Most hate Bush... And all the negativity toward this is making the Democrates able to rule the Congress and such...

hopefully the Dems will be able to stop the GOP from making more stupid "stratagies"
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    hopefully the Dems will be able to stop the GOP from making more stupid "stratagies"
    Stuff like this is my main concern with the Dems getting power. There's a good chance some spiteful democrates will do impulsive shit just to stick it to the Bush administration and make the liberal go yay which will prove to be very stupid and short sighted.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Stuff like this is my main concern with the Dems getting power. There's a good chance some spiteful democrates will do impulsive shit just to stick it to the Bush administration and make the liberal go yay which will prove to be very stupid and short sighted.
    That's guaranteed to happen, it's pretty embarrassing that our leaders put such a high priority on spite.

Obama seems to be a shoe in, which is ridiculous since as of now his political stance is pretty nebulous, but people are wrapped up in his sirens song.

Advanced Trainer

Exactly what I'm thinking! lawl... Hilary Clinton is thinking of running for President in two years. Ironically, I bet everyone will vote for her because she's a woman and she will turn out as a horrible president with horrible PMS. haha.

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Overall, I guess I'd have to say THUMBSUP to the execution, although something about the unheard of quickness of the process with no appeal makes me go :/
    I agree, the execution is what he deserved. He was a cruel man and rid thousands of innocent lives, he deserved this penalty.

This process was so quick, I mean I remember congress saying the execution couldn't be done until early January, but then they announced it would happen from thursday to Saturday, saturday being the latest, and there was no doubt it would happen on Friday, but damn, it was too quick.

This war is generally stupid, imo. I don't even think this could be considered 'war.' Just a stupid economic argument.

DragoniteAdy

1. Any war is stupid.
    2. Most wars are just a stupid economical argument.
    3. I doubt he was "a terrible person". He only did what his religion made him do. (I must admit I haven't studied much about this and I could be wrong here. Please tell me if I'm wrong.)
    4. Whatever happens, people will die... Many people. It sounds pesimistic, but I'm trying to be realistical.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoniteAdy View Post
    3. I doubt he was "a terrible person". He only did what his religion made him do. (I must admit I haven't studied much about this and I could be wrong here. Please tell me if I'm wrong.)
    Then Hitler is not a bad person. Also he didn't do what his religion told him to at all. He's hardly a devout Muslim and if he was that still has nothing to do with when he slaughtered hundreds of people for failing to assasinate someone or when he used chemical weapons to attempt genocide, which, by UN law, requires international intervention, although they probably didn't bother with calling it genocide, which they hardly ever do for that very reason even though it was.

Advanced Trainer

Not all wars are stupid. What about the Revolutionary War?

DragoniteAdy

Stupid...

Like I said, any war is stupid because one or both sides is/ are stupid.

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

The Revolutionary war was not stupid, it marked a new milestone in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
    The Revolutionary war was not stupid, it marked a new milestone in history.
    It could be argued this war marks a milestone in a stride to make the Middle East less fucked up than it's been since the begining of time.

DragoniteAdy

The reason why it is stupid is that, if not for stupidity, the war wouldn't have started! If the war's cause is stupid, in this case stupidity itself is the cause, then the whole war is stupid.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragoniteAdy View Post
    The reason why it is stupid is that, if not for stupidity, the war wouldn't have started! If the war's cause is stupid, in this case stupidity itself is the cause, then the whole war is stupid.
    I fail to see what was stupid about it. Transgressions aren't solely in the realm of stupidity, thinking that is pretty childish.

Advanced Trainer

Dumbass, the war started because we wanted to become our own nation. How is that supidity? Do you want us to still be a part of britian? I mean, yeah, Britian isnt a bad government but STILL.

dumbass.

DragoniteAdy

I meant the stupidity is when a nation is forbidden to exist. In this case, the stupidity was Britain's, because it took what didn't belong to it...

Advanced Trainer

Nope. your wronge. the brits are smart people dude. but we all know we're smarter.

DragoniteAdy

are is present simple.
    were is past tense simple.

The ones that tried to own America weren't so "bright". There's no need to say the same thing about the rest.

I was eating pizza with my dad, his girl friend, and my little brother when we heard. My dad said 'Who said that we couldn't kill Toranto and Saddam in the same night?' (My dad lives in Berwyn and we're major Bulls fans)

Advanced Trainer

I don't really like bulls.. Cows are better.

As in the NBA Chicago Bulls. Duh. T_T

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast