Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Saddam's Dead

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Overall, I guess I'd have to say THUMBSUP to the execution, although something about the unheard of quickness of the process with no appeal makes me go :/
    He had an appeal on tuesday i think, and it got shot down fast.

1. Any war is stupid.
    2. Most wars are just a stupid economical argument.
    3. I doubt he was "a terrible person". He only did what his religion made him do. (I must admit I haven't studied much about this and I could be wrong here. Please tell me if I'm wrong.)
    4. Whatever happens, people will die... Many people. It sounds pesimistic, but I'm trying to be realistical.
    1. Premature war is stupid, war as the last resort when all possible options are defeated is not stupid. World War 2 anyone? Hitler was attacking everyone, people were saying chill out and we'll let this go. They did things like trade embargo's and other diplomatic tactics before going to war, none worked so we went to war. It was the last possible choice for all and it was far from stupid.

2. way off.

3. I don't know if he was religious or not, but regardless that shouldn't be a shield to butcher thousands of your own citizens. He was definately terrible, don't kid yourself.

4. That's a given.

Itty Bitty Kitty of DOOM. Peeki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Signal Flare View Post
    So, is he gonna die or not? O.o
    So Saddam's Dead
    lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Mex View Post
    hopefully the Dems will be able to stop the GOP from making more stupid "stratagies"
    Stuff like this is my main concern with the Dems getting power. There's a good chance some spiteful democrates will do impulsive shit just to stick it to the Bush administration and make the liberal go yay which will prove to be very stupid and short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
    The Revolutionary war was not stupid, it marked a new milestone in history.
    It could be argued this war marks a milestone in a stride to make the Middle East less fucked up than it's been since the begining of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoniteAdy View Post
    3. I doubt he was "a terrible person". He only did what his religion made him do. (I must admit I haven't studied much about this and I could be wrong here. Please tell me if I'm wrong.)
    Then Hitler is not a bad person. Also he didn't do what his religion told him to at all. He's hardly a devout Muslim and if he was that still has nothing to do with when he slaughtered hundreds of people for failing to assasinate someone or when he used chemical weapons to attempt genocide, which, by UN law, requires international intervention, although they probably didn't bother with calling it genocide, which they hardly ever do for that very reason even though it was.

a figment of your imagination Pandarocker^K.I.T.Tmaster's Avatar

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ein/index.html

Still not sure if I think he should have gotten the death penatly or not. It makes him a martyr, and serves only as good TV and a good story to mark the begining of new Iraq, which barely justifies potentially making a martyr to thousands of insurgents who hardly need any more reason to blow themselves up. But it defeats the possibility of some crazy government switch or something, which is quite possible in an unstable Iraq, and him getting out, coming back into power and trying to get revenge on America with his nice chemical weapons, also it serves as a deterrent saying that regimes like his cannot be tolerated.

Overall, I guess I'd have to say THUMBSUP to the execution, although something about the unheard of quickness of the process with no appeal makes me go :/

Im agenst the death penatly, but still he was one of the true meanings of evil.

pairs:signal Flare,Flyingfeebas349,thebryman27

Trannel

Nice sound effects.
    You must define stupid before you can state if war is or isn't as such.

oh, it was rushed cos saddam is 69 and iraw law dosnt execute anyone 70+

on a much more interesting related note SADDAM WAS 69 YEARS OLD

Back for a bit. Miss me? UmbreonGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Latios View Post
    Chicago has a basketball team composed of bulls?! :O
    Forget this! Chicago's basketball team is called the Bulls because way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth we where basically farm land. and we had a lot of cows/bulls/beef in the area. So now the bull is the mascot of our NBA team.

Nobody likes basketball

Advanced Trainer

I don't know, umbreongal, I don't like the idea of dinosaurs and bulls in chicago...

DSX

Nobody likes basketball
    Lies.

Advanced Trainer

chesnuts opening on a open fire... Jack frost nipping at your nose..

hahahahfdgdfg.

DragoniteAdy

I'm kinda lazy, so I won't quote any of the posts I reffer to...

At 3, like I previously said, I could be wrong and it seems I was.

The definition of stupid, when reffering to a war is "useless". That means, that any of the sides involved could have useless (stupid) pretensions.

If that wasn't clear enough, let's define "war". "A major fight, caused by a conflict between two or more sides, usually countries.". Wars involve death on both sides.
    The same conflict could be solved peacefully, but one of the sides, sometimes both, did not want that. This doesn't involve death at all.
    Therefore, by choosing "war" instead of "peace", you choose "death" instead of "no death". Wouldn't that be called "pure stupidity"?

Nobody likes basketball
    I like basketball!

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Nobody likes basketball
    Who are you kidding? Basketball is the best sport ever created.

UmbreonGal, I laugh at you. THE MIAMI HEAT BEAT YOU IN (1st round I think? I'm no sure) IN THE PLAYOFFS AND YOU ALL THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA WIN JUST BECAUSE YOU CAME BACK TO TIE IT 2-2 BUT NOO WE KICKED YOUR ASSES.

I'm from Miami, so HAH!

Advanced Trainer

NOW MIAMI HAS BULLS TOO?

DSX

Nonsense, we only have cows here. They live in a nearby city.

Red530

I don't think he needed it. Because of this more problems will arise from it.

I'm not for the death penalty, just rotting in prison, which is what they should have done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
    Who are you kidding? Basketball is the best sport ever created.

UmbreonGal, I laugh at you. THE MIAMI HEAT BEAT YOU IN (1st round I think? I'm no sure) IN THE PLAYOFFS AND YOU ALL THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA WIN JUST BECAUSE YOU CAME BACK TO TIE IT 2-2 BUT NOO WE KICKED YOUR ASSES.

I'm from Miami, so HAH!
    Miami Heat had just gotten their champ ring when we kicked their ass with a score of 108 to 66 and last week with a score of 109 to 103. So don't think you're hot stuff!
    Last edited by UmbreonGal; 12-31-2006 at 08:31 PM.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

I was just watching some episodes of South Park's 4th season in the car today about Saddam Hussein.

Oh, Saddam. Has Satan really banished you to Heaven to be forever harassed by Mormons?

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragoniteAdy View Post
    The reason why it is stupid is that, if not for stupidity, the war wouldn't have started! If the war's cause is stupid, in this case stupidity itself is the cause, then the whole war is stupid.
    I fail to see what was stupid about it. Transgressions aren't solely in the realm of stupidity, thinking that is pretty childish.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Stuff like this is my main concern with the Dems getting power. There's a good chance some spiteful democrates will do impulsive shit just to stick it to the Bush administration and make the liberal go yay which will prove to be very stupid and short sighted.
    That's guaranteed to happen, it's pretty embarrassing that our leaders put such a high priority on spite.

Obama seems to be a shoe in, which is ridiculous since as of now his political stance is pretty nebulous, but people are wrapped up in his sirens song.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast