Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Clearing some things up

  1. #1
    Beginning Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default Clearing some things up

    Alright, so, since I come from Smogon, I want to say a few things. The plural for analysis is analyses. Not analysises. Second of all, the way analyses are written is highly unacceptable. It shouldn't always be in the skeleton format. It should go through the QC process and then get GP checked by Grammar-prose team members.

    Of course this isn't Smogon, and only Smogon really knows how to do it right.

    Anyway, the point of QC is to make sure everything is up to standard in the analysis; QC members know that tier inside and out and know what checks what and what move to add. QC members are picked on a high-known basis pretty much.

    GP members check for grammatical errors in analyses. After the analysis has been QC'd, the OP writes it up and then the GP members edit it if they see fit.

    You can lock / delete this, but I just want to clear some things up.

  2. #2
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    The crap I did last year is pretty much crap, honestly I should all be round up and put in a hidden forum. I have much more metagame experience now and actually know what Im talking about, but ironically now there are no competitive battlers. That and Im pretty sure mewtwo will never put anything on the site so its pointless.

    BTW, are you the same red from the past? If so thats pretty cool, my list of past members to meet is almost complete. Also what is your smogon name.

  3. #3
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    BTW, are you the same red from the past? If so thats pretty cool, my list of past members to meet is almost complete. Also what is your smogon name.
    youre an idiot kirby

  4. #4
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,682

    Default

    i should make red mod of the pokemon forums

  5. #5
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Alright, so, since I come from Smogon, I want to say a few things. The plural for analysis is analyses. Not analysises. Second of all, the way analyses are written is highly unacceptable. It shouldn't always be in the skeleton format. It should go through the QC process and then get GP checked by Grammar-prose team members.

    Of course this isn't Smogon, and only Smogon really knows how to do it right.

    Anyway, the point of QC is to make sure everything is up to standard in the analysis; QC members know that tier inside and out and know what checks what and what move to add. QC members are picked on a high-known basis pretty much.

    GP members check for grammatical errors in analyses. After the analysis has been QC'd, the OP writes it up and then the GP members edit it if they see fit.

    You can lock / delete this, but I just want to clear some things up.
    no one cares about pokemon here. if you want to stick around the misc to talk about vulgar and often offensive material involving paedophilia, communism and the breast sizes of members here then you're welcome. otherwise go back to smogon.

  6. #6
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To see them is my real test
    To talk to them is my cause

    I will travel across the forums
    Searching far and wide
    Each poster to understand
    The power that's inside

    PD, its you and me
    I know it?s my destiny
    PD, oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend
    PD, a heart so true
    Our courage will pull us through

    You teach me and I'll teach you
    PD, gotta see 'em all

    Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will post every day
    To claim my rightful place

    Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better forum
    Arm in arm we'll win the thread
    It's always been our pokedream

  7. #7
    Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Like you'd look for me, pffft...
    Posts
    2,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To see them is my real test
    To talk to them is my cause

    I will travel across the forums
    Searching far and wide
    Each poster to understand
    The power that's inside

    PD, its you and me
    I know it?s my destiny
    PD, oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend
    PD, a heart so true
    Our courage will pull us through

    You teach me and I'll teach you
    PD, gotta see 'em all

    Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will post every day
    To claim my rightful place

    Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better forum
    Arm in arm we'll win the thread
    It's always been our pokedream
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025




    http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

    *withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

  8. #8
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Of course this isn't Smogon, and only Smogon really knows how to do it right.
    lol

  9. #9
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Candy Castle
    Posts
    18,919

    Default

    I really want to make a rival competitive site because some of the shit smogon does is ass stupid. Also they are a bunch of meanies. Unfortunately every site I see outside of smogon lacks of people with no lives to do it .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •