Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ELECTION 2012 THREAD

Default ELECTION 2012 THREAD

might as well have one. lets all be honest with who we THINK will win. i think obama has a very probable chance of winning. with all the ammo they have viz romney making all his money outsourcing jobs which they will flood the tvs with as the election approaches, i really dont see how romney wins.

for the record i think if this election was obama vs. chris chrisite christie would have a very good chance at winning. i think in the future christie could be a pretty huge force for the republicans.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Mitt. I said this in 2008, Obama will piss too many people off to win again. 4 years later, he has.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

Think it'll be close.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I'd be surprised if Obama lost.

im thinking about it and i dont really see how mitt appeals to not rich people. bush was of course a stooge for the rich but he had personality and religious shit to appeal to working/middle class republicans and moderates. same with reagan, he had personality and could talk well and that's what carried him. mitt has no personality, is awful at giving speeches, and is a mormon which a lot of people are just going to think is 'weird'. a lot of working class types are just not going to vote for obama no matter what but i dont think romeny is much of a draw for them, and a lot who voted for mccain will just end up not giving a shit and possibly staying home.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

2010. Case Closed.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

To be honest I don't think its people not liking Obama, but more of the "he hasn't done anything" sentiment. I know he has, but he hasn't done anything directly noticable in everyday life. This idea is what I see pulling more moderates to the Mitt side, its a bit to late for Obama to do things at this people without looking silly, but I think he should present exactly what he has done, because frankly people don't know that.

If Obama does something like that, then he should have this in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    2010. Case Closed.

congress elections are very much party v. party and are ultra cyclical. presidential elections are always a very one on one thing and personality plays a huge role. thats why reagan and clinton would've continued to beat anyone pretty much no matter what.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Most presidents who run for a second term end up getting it. I think it might be a notion of "we know what we're getting with him" vs the unknown factor of a guy who hasn't been in the executive office before.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

obama:

at the last minute, i'm both taking credit for the murdering of osama and saying that i love gays and gay marriages just so you guys dont hate me big bunches, even though i was a colossal disappointment to pretty much everyone. so just remeber, when your out there voting (and by "your" i mean the blacks, gays, and the easily persuaded rebellious children) remember i liek the gays and i killed osama myself with my bare hands.

your welcome

All he needs to do is legalize weed.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I think for most people it will come down to a less of two evils type of decision, and Obama will come out on top in that.

i think the white guy is going to win this election

Obama is half white and Mitt claims he is a Mexican.

After how much he's fucked up, Obama would normally have no chance of winning.

Except that he's running against Mitt Romney.

Seriously, first it was McCain and now it's Romney. The Hamburgler could beat those two. I'm pretty sure you could pick a random person off the street, throw them behind a podium, and have them debate with either of those doofus candidates and do just as well if not better.

And yes I'm writing Ron Paul in because fuck your two party system.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

there is actually a libertarian candidate, who isnt ron paul, because he is in one of the two parties

also obama needs to talk about killing osama and other al qaeda guys non stop

- 'i killed osama, romneys company outsourced us jobs and heres clips of him defending it'
    - obama wins

The Libertarian candidates usually suck. They're not even real Libertarians half the time they're just oldschool Republicans who happen to not be complete lunatics when it comes to economics.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

too bad the Republicans didn't pick up that Matt Schneider guy... he would have made them look REALLY good, whether he was good at the job or not.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

ugh romney... i hate when main candidates are just both fucking terrible. =/

if you think obama has done any good for anyone who actually deserved it, or maintained any control over anything besides his own media whoring, be my guest. he payed off tons of people (personal lobbying) and appeared on as many televisions as humanly possible to tell america that he's in charge and he wants to do something important by awkwardly reminding everyone that he has a wife and children, like its a shock that a black man can have and maintain a family.

eh, i'm really not concerned though. presidencies never affect my tax dollars or my personal life in the slightest besides a joke or two about how bad they do things, and maybe an argument over it.

your welcome

Oh no my tax rates might go up to 1960s levels to improve our roads, schools, and nation overall.

too bad there's minimal improvement in plenty of my local areas. in fact, barely any public works have improved anything here. the education system has always naturally advanced, the roads haven't been repaved, fixed, or even contracted, the city structure-work is rickety and unkempt, and they improve at the same rate or slower than 12 years ago.

that's my personal view of the recent political "advancement".

your welcome

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast