Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Iron:Invasion from Afar IC

Default Pokemon Iron:Invasion from Afar IC

The village of Lindvell, a small town, some twenty miles south of the throne. A handful of huts and small farms next to the King's Forest. Two things make the town notable. First is the recent disappearance of many of the village's children. Second, tonight those linked by Fate with Pokemon have gathered. They've been summoned by the King and Lindvell sits on the road that leads to the castle. In a little tavern called The Sour Grapes our story begins. A few townsfolk sullenly nurse drinks as the Fated Ones begin to arrive.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Registered Users Regular

"Sour Grapes huh?" Gil commented to himself in a hushed tone just audible enough for him and the small mushroom Pokemon next to him to hear as he read the sign made of carved wood outside the large hut. "Remind me not to order the fruit salad." He mused to the Pokemon. "You kinda suck for conversation." Gil stated after a few silent seconds. The Pokemon was certainly loyal to him, however even as they walked into the tavern to get some food before heading towards the king he still felt slightly uneasy.

"What do ya want?" The bartender asked as Gil sat on a stool near him, his brown cloak carelessly set on the ground next to him for Shroomish to sit on. He was aware that the eyes of the taverns inhabitants were upon him, but he was also aware that many of them would expect it since the town laid on the road to the king. He would leave them be, and hope they did the same.

"Just water." He replied. Examining the tavern he was pleased slightly to see that he was the only one there with a Pokemon partner as far as his eyes could see. Made it easier for him to not be the first one to start a conversation if another like himself and Shroomish did show up. Even easier if none did, as few in the tavern would strike up conversation with him if they could avoid it. The glass of water put before him as Gil paid him with some of the gold his family could afford to give him for the journey. Giving the glass for Shroomish to drink some, he sat leisurely in the tavern awaiting others.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

cassidy and cubone sit at the bar, uninterested in the overall setting, and its rural asthetic appeal.

"hey cueball, what do you like to drink? i suppose i should get you something" says cassidy in a sarcastic and almost self-abashing tone.

"cuboneee!" cubone says as he points at the ginger ale.

"ah, cubone, right. well, barkeep! get me 2 orange juices!" cassidy sneers in a very rude and abrupt manner.

"cubonebonebonee!!!!!" cubone yells angrily, glaring at Ermac with both annoyance and regret.

"one orange juice and one ginger ale for the little pokemon" the barkeep says, staring down Ermac, knowing full well his mischievous intent.

they stare in silence for a good minute, and the bartender continues to serve drinks.

cubone drinks his ginger ale with glee, as Ermac stares at him, both gleefully and smarmily, as if to claim his victory over his owner.

"cubone, why was i fated for you? what do you mean to me? why should i care over you and your... fucked up little skull thing you carry around!? ugh... i dont know whether to suck it up for the king or just go about it alone." Cassidy says in complete earnest outright thought.

Cubone silently jumps down from the bar stool and roams outside.

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Gil watched as not long after he arrive another with a Cubone waled into the tavern and ordered drinks. Gil couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief as the two seemed perfectly fine with staying to themselves. Exchanging glances with Shroomish who eyed the Cubone curiously. "No." Gil told the Pokemon realizing it wanted to go and introduce itself to the only other Pokemon it had seen fated with another human. "I want to keep a low profile." He explained as he took another swig of the water. "Don't wander off either. Plenty of people here would probably love nothing more then to turn you into Shroomish soup." Shroomish however paid him no mind as it followed the Cubone outside. Gil let his head fall upon the bar in defeat, that Pokemon was going to get him killed one day.

Cassidy looked over at Gil as he slams his head. "hey guy, did you lose a bet or something?" he says sarcastically.

Cubone stands with his head propped against a wooden post outside the bar as shroomish approaches.

your welcome

Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar

Walking into a bar made Zane uncomfortable, he had a couple of run ins with drunken vandals after.taking over the clock shop. "Pawnard, you don't feel uneasy?" He asked as the tiny soldier simply saluted, signaling he was ready for anything.

"Hey, you!" The barkeep called, "Pick your poison..."
    "I'm fine, thank you very much." Zane replied.
    "I'm trying to run a business here! Buy somethin' will ya?
    "Pawnard!" Interupted the Pokémon, pointing at another customer's pint of ale.
    "Looks like a beer it is! Smart Pokémon you got there son!" The barkeep exclaimed as he slid.Zane a frothy cold one.
    "Pawnard, you better keep quiet. I'm trying to NOT draw attention to the fact that you.are.in this.bar!"
    Pawnard simply saluted.
    "Barkeep..." Zane called, "Bring me something for my pal here."
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

*withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

Registered Users Regular

Gil raised his head to answer. "Nah, just my Pokemon being rebellious." Being a fated one may have been a powerful position to be in at the moment since the king was in need but dealing with a Pokemon could always present a challenge. "I saw you with the Cubone earlier, so I'm thinking your a fated one too. Whats your name?" Gil asked to make friendly conversation against his better judgment. However it didn't take a genius to know that he would need to make friends with those like him rather then enemies if it could be avoided.

In one corner of the bar, a small crowd of villagers conspired amongst themselves. The discussion seemed to get heated for a moment until eventually one of them walked over and approached the three seated at the bar. He was a disheveled looking farmer. He had the same look in his eyes as almost all the other villagers, a haunted look of great loss. He had found anger to back up his words however.

"Look, if no one else here is gonna say it, I will. You people and your...things, you aren't wanted here!"

The man pointed angrily at the Pawniard who simply gave a sharp salute, "things just like that are out there... stealing away our children and slowly picking of the rest of us, while you people are gonna be out parading for the king!"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Registered Users Regular

Gil turned again to listen to the angry farmer ranting angrily behind him. The conversation between Gil and the one with the Cubone effectively ended before it even had time to begin. Another slightly older male with a Pawniard was also in the bar, being used to get the farmers point across. Shroomish having gone outside the bar Gil hoped for a second that maybe the group of angry civilians had not been referring to him, however reality set in that they had said people. Plural. Maybe he could try to make peace? No they were desperate and Irate, no chance for a peace talk. Attack them? They heavily outnumbered the three fated, and Gil was sure even the Pokemon accompanying them would find a brawl between so many people tedious. However the talks of children having come up missing warranted some answers.

"What do you mean children are missing?" Gil asked the man, his own angry rising slightly as his mind raced around several powerful points of debate that although risked making them angry enough to start a fight themselves, also ran the chance of defusing the situation. "Parading for the king? You think we'd like putting our lives on the line as if it were some sort of game?" Pulling the sleeve on his left arm up to reveal his scar he continued. "You act like we are immune to being the target of any attacks just because we found one Pokemon out of millions in existence that decide to help us! Not to mention the fact that solving situations like your town is experiencing is the whole purpose the king might be calling us for. So before you start pointing fingers of blame and shit, why not take a second to think. Maybe they can help us?" Gil paused, letting his anger out with heavy breaths after he finished his small rant as the farmer looked at him with a face mixed with shock and another emotion that he couldn't decipher. All the while hoping his Shroomish would walk back in the bar to help him in case things escalated further.

"well! despite me not quite properly introducing myself, you certainly have an impactful first foot! name's Ermac Cassidy. Erm for short, but it looks like we might need to grab our little 'buddies' and get outta here. we cant take a swarm of those protesters with just the three of them. i don't even know if cubone will even listen."

ermac turns looking towards the door.

"what would pacifying some hicks in an old bar do anyway? we have a deeper duty than this, and i know the other 'fated' or whatever they label us are just as ripe as we are to this whole 'commanding pokemon' business. where are they anyway?"

ermac turns to gil.

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

"Yeah, I guess your right." Gil answered sheepishly. "I'm not sure my Shroomish would do much good in a straight up fight." Looking back at the protesters put the whole situation in perspective. Erm was right, from the looks on their faces Gil could see that the rant managed to only increase their anger. How did he always get himself involved in these situations? "Well Erm, after you." Gil gestured towards the door as he stood up and picked up his cloak from the floor.

"we need to get the other 'fated' guys and see if we can get any supplies for that troublesome looking forest."

ermac walks up to the bar and looks the bartender in the eye.

"hey, get me one of those ginger ales to go, and we'll stay outta your hair for good. mk?"

the bartender looked threatened, but he knew it would stop the rage and the disdain in the bar. he nodded and handed ermac a canned ginger ale.

"thanks bud. we'll gather and get out of your hair i guess"

ermac steps away from the bar and walks out to see cubone in tears, holding his mother's skull tightly in his arms and sobbing silently against the wall, while shroomish looked angrily at ermac.

"hey cubone, you know i dont like you. you've felt it ever since we ran into eachother, and i felt that you hated me, but... i need you for this. i don't know why you wear that skull, or why you get so emotional, but..."

ermac throws the can of ginger ale to him.

"if i'm gonna survive, i need your help. i really don't care about all this fated bullshit, but i know i'm going hungry, and i'll be on the street without you, unless this whole thing counts as 'on the street'. i know you dont want to be alone, and apparently, humans and pokemon are supposed to share some connection. i'm not sure, but i'm sure as fuck that we ran into eachother for a reason, and there was something there. hate, companionship, magic, fucking pixie dust, whatever. it was there."

ermac puts his hand on cubone's ears as cubone holds his mother's skull.

"plus, you didn't kill them..."

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Gil just followed wordlessly behind Ermac as he got a Ginger Ale from the bartender and walked outside and talked to Cubone. Shroomish and Gil exchanged glances again as if the two were locked in telepathic conversation. Gil couldn't explain it, but he seemed to almost know what Shroomish was trying to tell him with its glares. "Not everyone gets along as well as us Shroomish." Gil told it with a shrug. Ermac might not have wanted to admit it, but deep down the two of them were a perfect pair. Almost as perfect as Gil and Shroomish if not better. "Okay, so where are we to get these supplies? Especially before these farmers leave the bar and realize we're still in town?" Gil wasn't worried though either way, if the farmers didn't notice their presence it would be perfect, but if any trouble did arise he could have Shroomish use stun spore or something of the like. "Shouldn't we get the guy with the Pawniard? That Pokemon sure seems useful for a fight."

"that pawninard seemed to be the only entirely loyal pokemon i've seen yet. who's his partner?"

said ermac as he helps cubone put his skull back on.

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

"Beats me." Gil answered. "I'm sure they can handle themselves though." Gil added as he knocked the dirt off of his cloak before putting it back on. "S'pose we should hit the road then, maybe teaming up could prove beneficial." Gil nervously stated, he had just met Ermac and already was trying to forge a group. It didn't seem he had much choice but to try to team up with someone though, he couldn't deny the fact that although he and Shroomish may be able to handle a lot, they wouldn't get through everything their futures had ready for them to face by themselves.

"i guess i'm with you then. i hope that pawninard and his owner find us alright. until that shroomish gets a little older, and my cubone learns to control itself and not, you know, hate me, i dont think defending ourselves with physical force is gonna help too much. lets just try to either stay at higher ground or avoid any conflict until we know we can handle it."

ermac says in a serious and level-headed manner.

"i'm ready to get to this king and get my money."

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Gil couldn't help but agree at his words. Shroomish was still quite young and rebellious. Gil knew that Shroomish's skills in battle were not direct conflict but rather in sneaky guerrilla warfare assaults where tactical minds would win the fight. "High ground it is then." Gil commented not long before his stomach started to growl and he remembered what he really went into the bar for at first. "Damn, those farmers running us out the bar." When he finished the statement however a thought struck him. Farmers, away from their farms. "I Think I know where we can get some food if we move quick." Gil told Ermac with a devilish grin.

After the other fated fled the bar, Zane simply sat and sipped his fine ale.
    "Well?" The bartender questioned, "Aren't you leaving?"
    "The words of one man do not bind another, sir." Zane replied.
    "We don't want your kind here! Begone you filthy trash!" The old farmer yelled.
    Zane finished his drink, "Another, if you don't min-"
    BAM! The farmer struck Zane with a tankard, placing him in a daze. Pawniard jumped.up, ready for action... But was then grabbed by two other patrons.
    "Hold on a second..." A tipsy and dazed Zane managed, "Tgis is between YOY and Me... Pawniard, at ease!"
    "Pawn?" the Pokemon questioned, as if to inform Zane.he was out numbered.
    "Barkeep, sorry about the mess I'm gonna make..." Zane threw.his coat.at the farmer as he.was rushed.
    Dodging the first farmer, while punching another Zane freed Pawniard.
    "GET MY COAT!" Zane.ordered as Pawniard was about to jump into the fray.
    As the pokemon grabbed the.coat, Zane was avoiding flying glass.
    "Pawn-iard!" The pokemon signaling to Zane it was time to go.
    Grabbing his coat, his.Pokemon, and another tankard of ale, Zane ran off.to find the others...

"So..." Zane managed to gasp out as.he finally caught up, "anyone ELSE y'all forget? Or is it just us three?"
    "PAWNIARD!"
    "okay, okay... -GULP... GULP...- Six." Zane corrected as he 'refreshed' himself with the ale. "Ahh... Care for a.swig?"
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

Registered Users Regular

Gil watched in surprise as the other fated from the bar ran outside to him and Ermac. It was clear he was just involved in a fight with the farmers. "Nope, I think it's just us." Gil told him before politely declining some Ginger Ale. "Since your little run in with the farmers do you care for a little revenge? As in running over to their farms and borrowing some food for our trip perhaps?"

"The farmers here are just a little... Misguided... I'm no thief, but... So long as we're here I mean... It's not NATURE isn't robbed every day. Let's do the soil.a favor!" Zane's drunkenness, while comical seemed very insightful to Panwiard.
    "Pawniard!" The pokemon laughed at Zane and his.'rationale'
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

"zane is it? well please remember that you're pawninard is the only thing thats gonna really get us out of a jam for a little while. until we can count on our own for protection, you're gonna be taking the lead." ermac says humbly, though seriously.

ermac looks down at cubone.

"cubone, how well can you throw that thigh bone you carry?"

cubone looks up, a little unsure, but he throws it at a nearby weedle on a tree and it crushes it violently.

"whoah! so you do have some guts after all! i hope you can help little pawninard out when he's in a jam, because holy shit, that was some good throwing!" exclaims ermac in an almost relieved tone.

"cubone!!!" cubone says both gleefully and embarrassed.

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Gil watches the display of power from Cubone. "Nice throw. Shroomish can be of use in support." Being the youngest of the three with the only Pokemon that could not yet fight a straight up fight Gil knew he would have to take a back seat to a lot of the action. Zane's drunkenness however did manage to cheer him up a little. "We're agreed then, we should borrow some food from the farms. Just enough to get by, no need to pig out on it." Picking up Shroomish in his hand he gestures with his remaining free one to the path ahead of them, "After you. Lets ditch this bar."

"borrow? if you wanna know how to 'borrow' from a farm, i'm you're man. 12 years on one and i know where a farmer forgets his guard." says ermac proudly.

ermac pulls cubone's bone out of the weedle carcass.

"our little friends might be useful in getting us some fresh miltank milk and oranges."

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

"That sounds like a balanced breakfast." Gil joked, anything would be suitable as long as it was edible. "You have knowledge on farms, he has a Pokemon that can fight." Gil stated gesturing to each of them. "I better find something to bring to the table." As soon as the words left his mouth it hit him, "Tie breaker. I make three, so any disputes can't end evenly." Gil began to walk down the path, really unsure of where exactly the farms would be. "Well Ermac, I have no idea where the farms would be." He confessed.

"the easiest way to find a farm is to stay away from the city. just look for cotton and corn, and you'll find a farm." ermac says earnestly.

"look there" he says as he points to a trolley filled with produce.

the direction that packing carrier is headed is away from the farm if its full. go the way it left, and we'll find our farm. it shouldn't be too far." he says.

ermac throws cubone his bone, and he grabs zanes shoulder.

"hey zane, i dont think you're in the state of mind for some simple espianoge haha." he says in a fit of comedy.

your welcome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast