Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Iron:Invasion from Afar IC

Registered Users Regular

"Alright." Gil thought aloud after hearing Ermac's words. "Go the way it left." Gil muttered as he got closer to the trolley to see its tracks in the dirt. "It's this way!" He called back to the two. "Zane might have to sit back a little once we get there but I think it should be fine." Gil began to walk the path the trolley left behind, unsure of whether or not his two companions was following him and generally uncaring as his stomach was beginning to pain him. What I would do for a feast fit for a king right now, Gil couldn't help but think to himself. Maybe once they reached the castle their would be a feast, but in the chance their wasn't he wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to supply himself and the rest of the group with some food.

Reaching the edge of town as the huts began to be replaced with vast fields Gil couldn't help but smile. At the other side of the field their were a few Miltanks surrounded by a wooden fence, grazing peacefully. "It's a good thing Miltanks aren't really aggressive Pokemon otherwise these farms wouldn't be so successful." He remarked to no one in particular. Rows upon rows of different crops could be spotted by the house far off in the field. "Welp, lets get to work before something comes along with the same intentions as us."

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

"you havent had to fight a miltank over an apple have you?" says ermac with a smirk.

"they aren't pushovers. those and the tauros are what you want to avoid. they can also alarm the farmer the easiest because of their bellowing voices. if you want to get in without anybody noticing, go in as they start loading the trolley's, as they tend to the livestock, and as they sleep. right now is about harvesting time, so we might be able to get to the freezers and get ourselves some milk and fruit. if we wanna wait til nightfall, we can get into the butcher's and get some fresh pork. then we'll eat like a king, and they wont even know what they lost." ermac says as he takes out a sack from his backpack.

"farmers have enough to fend for themselves, dont worry."

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

"I can honestly say I haven't." Gil replied as he tried to spot the farmer out in the field, but found the visibility blocked by the crops. "Well I don't want to be the reason this goes south, and since your experience with farms and how they work I think you should take point." Gil put Shroomish back on the ground, "Why don't you stay here Shroomish. I'll be back, but I can move more swiftly with my hands free."

OOC: who else got the "pushover" sub-joke?

"ok gil, cubone's coming along, so zane will stay back with the pokemon. first lets stay low. watch your footing and move quickly through the corn." ermac says as he takes his first steps in."

"just listen for tilling, listen for a mower, listen for anything that screams 'harvesting crops' because that tells us where to avoid." he says as he ducks under the corn.

"also, this corn isn't close to ripe, so don't worry about them them meeting us here." ermac said as he shows a pale ear of corn to gil.

your welcome

Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar

"Okay, so lemme get this straight... Now, we get breakfast... from... Inside?" Zane pondered aloud.
    "If we're going inside, I can open any door, don't worry y'alls pretty little -hic- heads about NO LOCKS!"
    Pawniard saluted in agreement.
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

*withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

Registered Users Regular

OOC: I did

"Okay," Gil replied as he followed Ermac's lead through the corn. "I see what you mean, I had an experience growing up with some food poisoning. I'd prefer to avoid it in the future." Gil whispered, with each step they took Gil's ears were carefully observing the surroundings for the sounds and signs Ermac told him too. The smells and sights of the food beginning to fill his thoughts with delight as he imagined the feast of what they would take. It was certainly a fine meal planned.

"zane, they wouldn't lock the door to their house if they are home. they think they are secure when they are there, though they might lock that freezer come to think of it..." he ponders.

"ok, come along, but you have to carry shroomish and stay low. you better not get us shot zane."

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Gil's eyes widened at the mention of shot. That thought had not crossed his mind when he suggested this. The image of food on the table was quickly replaced by a farmer with a loaded gun pointed at his face. Atleast Zane wasn't one of the drunks that would get loud and obnoxious, just confused and clumsy. A fact that could get them caught too, but less of a chance then the former. Gil was comforted though by the fact that if they were caught Shroomish was there now to Stun Spore him.

Whilst wearing the Shroomish as a hat, Zane crept behind Gil and Ermac. "Guys... If shots start getting fired..." Zane whispered, "I can make a pretty big diversion... I may be tipsy, but my hands are still as steady as ever. I pray they have some pickles... I can cure the impending hangover with some of those."
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

ermac leads into the corn, paying attention to every aspect of the situation until they reach the edge.

"guys, see that combusken? he's their head of security. they are nimble and powerful, plus they are easy to feed, so they are good for keeping things out. we need shroomish to put that thing asleep. as long as he acts like a normal wild pokemon, he can walk right up and get him with a solid spore." says ermac looking at gil.

"as long as combusken is asleep, we should easily get in there and get some food without any problem. we might also get a weapon of our own so we're not entirely defenseless ourselves."

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

"I don't mean to wish ill upon this farmer but if we were truly lucky some Pokemon from the forest would come and distract him for us." Gil suggested knowing that even if it did happen, it wouldn't stop at diversion. Odds being that the farmer and Pokemon would fight until only one of them remained. The three of them, though sneaking around to liberate some food from him would unanimously agree to stop and help him. Whether it be personal grudges against Pokemon or not, it just wouldn't be right to steal from a farmer as he was fighting for his life and not even attempt to save him.

Listening to Ermac directions Gil looked back to Zane who handed him Shroomish. "Okay Shroomish you heard him." Gil told the Pokemon as he set it down and let him go to work. Nervously Gil watched as it approached the Combusken. Gil knew it could potentially go south quick as Shroomish was probably what a Combusken would feed on. Gil felt a wave of relief as the three watched the Combusken move towards the Pokemon, dodging a few pecks Shroomish quickly released a gas. The Combusken didn't even know what had happened until it was too late as it fell back onto the ground with a thud as unconsciousness overcame it.

The Combusken dropped. Without that threat to worry about, something became apparent. Not more than a few hundred yards of the fields stood the edge of a imposing forest. Somewhere deep within the forest, a strange piping sound could be heard, echoing through the trees and out across the fields.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Registered Users Regular

Gil having been focused on the sounds around them for signs of the farmer's presence nearby had been distracted by the Combusken. However as he went back to his duties as Shroomish walked back over to him he could hear a sound that although distant, seemed to put the thought of being caught by the farmer as nothing more then an unpleasant experience. "Uh, guys." Gil stated to get their attention in case they hadn't heard it. "What was that?"

Zane pondered... "Well, I don't get out much," he confessed, "Ermac, would you put farm.equipment in a forest? I wouldn't. You're dumb to even SUGGEST such a thing! My money is on..."
    "Pawniard!" The pokemon tried to listen intently to the noises of the woods, but was annoyed.with Zane's drunken ramblings.
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

Registered Users Regular

"It has to be a Pokemon." Gil commented, "And I bet its hungry." He added nervously. Unsure of what Pokemon it was other then the fact that it must have been a fairly large one to make noises of that sort. "If we move quick we might be able to make it to the house and hope it passes us harmlessly for the field." Gil Suggested, they needed this food, but they also needed to avoid any fights if they could. It didn't take a genius to know that whatever it was, it would take either a miracle, or teamwork to defeat.

"guys, this is my turf, and if that farmer gets distracted by whatever that is, we can get some food. whether or not we'll need to take care of it will come soon enough. the worse thing in a forest at this hour is probably just some pissed off scolepede." says ermac softly but sternly.

"and zane, when did i say farm equipment was in a forest? i said grabbing a fucking gun out of the house, because i'm not going to be taken down by some violent stray pokemon without a fight. right now food is what we need, and we're going to get it."

ermac watches the farmer wander towards the noise as he tells the help to ignore it.

"its time, we have a clear shot to the freezer! move it!" ermac says abruptly.

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Gil followed Ermac to the freezer, trying his best to remain as quiet as humanly possible in the process. "Wow!" Gil uttered in amazement once they reached the freezer. Although it was locked, the size of it was enough to make Gil's mouth water with the amount of food that he knew could be found inside. However he wasn't given time to imagine fully what could be found in there by the tight time schedule they had. The sounds from the forest slowly getting closer, and soon the farmer would come back. Whether in alarm or otherwise was yet to be seen. "Okay, lets get to work!"

"zane, do your magic!" says ermac.

ermac turns to the door and keeps an eye out.

"i heard that thing again. that's not a scolepede. to be honest i didn't hear a name call, and i hear the farmhands leaving to help him." says ermac in a quiet tone.

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

"Fantastic." Gil says sarcastically as Zane goes to work on the lock, joining Ermac by the door in curiosity Gil tries to see what might be making the noise but finds that the visibility is blocked by the various trees that make the woods up. "Why can't it ever be a calm day with parties and such? Instead we have a Pokemon tearing apart trees and shit looking for its next meal. Which," Gil continued, "Might be us."

"Leave this to me." Zane said, suddenly calm, as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a hefty pouch. Looking at the lock, Zane smiled.
    "Very nicely made, this one..." Zane opened his toolkit and began his work.
    The pins in the padlock seemed to sway out of the way as Zane mumbled to himself,
    "C'mon baby... I've made a few like you in my days... You look a little old to be mine... Perhaps...? No, you aren't of of HIS..."
    -CLICK-
    "Pawn!" the legionnaire reported the lock's opening.
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

ermac opens the freezer and takes out 3 bottles of fresh milk, 6 oranges, 3 jerky slices, and a batch of bananas.

"guys, get what you can carry, and lets get out. if we can get back to the road, we can eat soon. i promise you, you don't wanna eat in a cornfield." says ermac in a fleeting manner.

your welcome

Registered Users Regular

Gil grabbed a few oranges and pocketed them into his cloak. Using one of his free hands to hold a few bananas. "I don't think you have to worry about us hanging around." Gil commented referring to the beast within the woods. Gil holding food in one hand, and Shroomish in the other decided to let the others take the lead before they left the building.

Zane dug until he found some pickles
    "THESE will do wonderfully!" He jeered as he added them, as well as some jerky and a frozen slab of beef.
    "Well, are we off?"
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

Registered Users Regular

"No reason to stay." Gil replied. "Except maybe find some weapons." Gil thought for a second before he turned to Ermac, "Where would the weapons be?"

"look under pillows or by beds. if there arent any, we have to rely on ourselves and the pokemon for now" ermac said as he headed towards the bedroom.

your welcome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast