Thread: quentin tarantino is the james joyce of cinema

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Default quentin tarantino is the james joyce of cinema

post-modernism is putting in a load of references to things that people don't get. quentin tarantino has really random camera shots he loves just because he admires a bunch of weird spaghetti western directors, and the average viewer obviously can't pick up on that. so tarantino is the new joyce. in 100 years tarantino's films will require 10 years of study to even begin to understand fully and nobody will have watched them. they'll be universally hated as wanky, obnoxious films. pulp fiction will be the new ulysses.

fuck tarantino. i ordered a couple won kar wai films on dvd a couple years ago and they were ported by his production company and all say TARANTINO PRESENTS on the cover.

i mean its one thing to have influences but to try to actively associate yourself in such a way with the works your influenced by, like hes imagining himself having made them

i hate the way he always has to appear in his films, which is annoying because he's a shit actor.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

I thought he was pretty funny in Pulp Fiction.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

is good for you

He was the GIMP, right?

when one of the two gangsters from the start of the film accidentally blows someone's head off in a busy residential area he plays the guy whose house they go to.

is good for you

HICKY I KNOW I was making a joke

quentin tarantino isnt anything like james joyce. also i like a lot of his films.