Thread: scientists at cern discover a new particle that could possibly be the higgs boson aka 'the god particle'

Default scientists at cern discover a new particle that could possibly be the higgs boson aka 'the god particle'

in other news i hate 4th of july because i cannot go online without hearing a dozen mentions of it even though i dont give a shit about it

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

Despite hating any mention of America on the internet, Arabian teen plans to spend his 4 years of college in the US. More at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

im indian

also america, unfortunately, has the best universities in the world

Huh, I thought they would never find it, its possible existence was clouded in the mists of theoretical physics. If anything this is more important as a proof of theoretical physics than the discovery of the particle itself.

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

finding something good about america:

your welcome

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Your move, atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Your move, atheists.
    god particle is a misnomer

Your move, theists.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Are the pixels of God's posts technically God particles
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

No.

this should clear it up

skip like 45 seconds at the beginning, yeah no one wants to watch you eat lunch

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by interim name View Post
    rayne you need to learn how to draw lines when posting on the American created internet. All the fourth of July is, is a celebration of independence from the British. It's actually completely innocuous and finding a reason to be mad because people are using fireworks and drinking shitty macrobrews is really irrational. I would know because I tried to be shitty about it but then I was like wait wtf am I being a sped for. Okay so just stop rayne you're being childish as usual!
    England invented the internet

America invented taking credit for inventing the internet.

"Research into packet switching started in the early 1960s and packet switched networks such as ARPANET, Mark I at NPL in the UK,[6] CYCLADES,[7][8] Merit Network,[9] Tymnet, and Telenet, were developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s using a variety of protocols. The ARPANET in particular led to the development of protocols for internetworking, where multiple separate networks could be joined together into a network of networks."

"The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) was the world's first operational packet switching network and the core network of a set that came to compose the global Internet. The network was funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of the United States Department of Defense for use by its projects at universities and research laboratories in the US. The packet switching of the ARPANET was based on designs by Lawrence Roberts of the Lincoln Laboratory."

you decide, looks like both

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

i do love the hadron collidor. it is the most artistic science has been in a long time

your welcome

The regular newspaper we get has a whole article saying "bosons are named after Indian scientist Satyendra Nath Bose".

And keeps glorifying the "god particle". My dad and I were making fun of it.
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    in other news i hate 4th of july because i cannot go online without hearing a dozen mentions of it even though i dont give a shit about it
    Old news.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Are the pixels of God's posts technically God particles
    Hahahaha yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    England invented the internet
    No, Al Gore did.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein