Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My iPhone 4 Is Worth A Bunch

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Default My iPhone 4 Is Worth A Bunch

iPhone 4 white 16gbs: $330 used, after commission $267 is all mine. That'll pay for the iPhone 5 coming out this Fall. BALLER!!!! Also purchasing a new Macbook Pro this fall. MAYBE the new models will be out. I'm all gitty. hehe

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

what

also it annoys me to no end when people call the new iphone the 'iphone 5'. the iphone 4s is THE FIFTH IPHONE.

No, it really isn't. It really, really isn't.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

are you seriously going to argue with an indian about technology dogar

original iphone - 1
    iphone 3g - 2
    iphone 3gs - 3
    iphone 4 - 4
    iphone 4s - 5

i shouldnt even have to spell it out come on. did you think the iphone 4 was the THIRD iphone then?

No sir, the next iPhone will be the real iPhone 5.

Just like THIS is the REAL Super Mario Bro's. 2:

Not THIS:

Case and point.

im not going to bother pointing out the NUMEROUS FLAWS in that logic. i will say however that its more likely apple will just eschew a suffix and call the next iphone 'the new iphone' than call it the 'iphone 5'.

No, go on, tell me how I am wrong. I'm willing to fight this all the way through.

if the next iphone is the REAL iphone 5 then that would imply the 4s is not a proper addition to an iphone lineup but merely an upgrade of the iphone 4. if that were true then apple would have considered the iphone 3gs as not a full iphone but just an upgrade of the 3g. and IF THAT WERE TRUE the iphone 4 would actually be the iphone 3. apple, especially, is known for consistency, so they wont call the next iphone the iphone 5.

I bet you that they WILL call it and iPhone 5. And your conclusion is built on the premise that Apple will be "consistent." Even IF they don't call it the iPhone 5 explicitly it will MOST DEFINITELY be considered the REAL iPhone 5 considering the 4s wasn't shit as a new phone but indeed an upgrade, just like Snow Leopard was not a REAL new OS but an upgrade to Leopard. Furthermore, you have yet to state the fallacy in my SMB2 argument, SOMEONES dodging.

THE ONLY argument I buy is that they will call it an iPhone 6 BECAUSE of their new iOS6 that they will be debuting with the phone.

1. snow leopard was just an upgrade but it got all the brouhaha that any new os would get from apple and got its own VERSION NUMBER (10.6).
    2. apple tries to be consistent as fuck. sometimes annoyingly so. they turned the rotation lock on the ipad into a mute button because thats what the iphone and ipods had until there was an uproar and they reverted it.
    3. people said the same shit about the 3gs and the 3g but the next iphone was still called the iphone 4 so whatever you think classifies as a 'new phone' is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    THE ONLY argument I buy is that they will call it an iPhone 6 BECAUSE of their new iOS6 that they will be debuting with the phone.
    dogar this argument is out of your league please stop

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    1. snow leopard was just an upgrade but it got all the brouhaha that any new os would get from apple and got its own VERSION NUMBER (10.6).
    2. apple tries to be consistent as fuck.
    3. people said the same shit about the 3gs and the 3g but the next iphone was still called the iphone 4 so whatever you think classifies as a 'new phone' is moot.
    I disagree that they have a history of consistency, it is ALL marketing. The 3G was called 3G not because it was 3 (but 2) but because 3G was the latest rage, thus marketing. It is just happenstance that they called the iPhone 4 4 and saying that this is some sort of consistency because it was indeed the 4th phone they made is just silly because the previous phones were named out of marketing reasons. I speculate that when 4G came out they named the iPhone 4 4 because of this (although it could not do 4G neither could its upgrade the 4GS) to ride that wave. IF ANYTHING, the only form of "consistency" Apple HAS been doing is coming out with upgrades to a better product and claiming them as a new product through marketing to get money. Using the 10.5 to 10.6 change as an example of some sort of consistency that translates to all Apple products is silly because you are comparing apples and oranges. And Tim Cook stated in this years D10 conference that trying to compare (or in other words make sense of) the phone and PC market in relation to eachother is silly because they are VERY different. So, the argument that "if they did this with their PC's then it would follow that they will do the same or have the same logic for the phones" is not cogent in my opinion.

THUS, I beleive it will follow as this: Either they call the new iPhone, the iPhone 5 because of marketing OR the iPhone 6 because of marketing due to the iOS6 coming out. MARKETING to get idiots' money IS THE ONLY consistent thing Apple does.

This all comes down to semantics in the end, I will be the first to admit that. But in all other which shapes and forms, the 4S WAS NOT a new iPhone, just as Snow Leopard WAS NOT a new OS, REGARDLESS of what number they put on it. In this sense, the next iPhone is the REAL iPhone 5, just as my argument SMB2 showed, OF WHICH you have yet to state a fallacy in said statement.

ok lets wager. i bet it will neither be called the iphone 5 nor the iphone 6. i will bump this thread in october and rub the humiliation in your face.

You are so there Rayne.

And by there I mean here.

Pokedream Forums.

i want to make this substantial. im going to be in the us by then anyway. why doesnt the loser buy the other something?

like......................... idk

is good for you

Dogar's Mario analogy wins, I'm sorry Rayne

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    i want to make this substantial. im going to be in the us by then anyway. why doesnt the loser buy the other something?

Rayne, do you seriously trust me to buy you something and send it to your private address on campus for all your peers to see? I mean really now, really.

no i trust you to buy me something on my amazon wishlist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast