Thread: Blogish-like thing for school (tokillamockingbird)

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Default Blogish-like thing for school (tokillamockingbird)

To Kill a Mockingbird
    ~Reflectivity upon novel~

Cluster # 1: Too much people being introduced makes me go loco.

- There are way too many people being introduced. Seriously, it reminds me of the time I went to Brazil to visit my relatives, and I was greeting people left to right. I wasn’t even sure if all of the people being introduced were my family. It turned out that all of them were. Jem breaking his arm also reminds me of when my sister broke her leg, and she wouldn’t be able to play soccer. Nothing stopped her, just like nothing stops Jem from playing football.

When Dill left Jem and Scout in the summer, I can relate to that when I had actually met a kid in my building during the summer, which 3 months later during that same summer, left. It was not cool. Also, the first day of school is always exciting, and something new is always going to happen. Something new happened to Scout, like when I went to school for the first time. According to my mother (I still think she’s lying) she says I pee’d my pants within the first 10 minutes of school.

Teacher’s often try to intimidate you on the first day of school. The intimidation was so bad from Miss Caroline, it reminded me of last year, when my former Science teacher Mr. Evansky lined us up alphabetically outside of the class, then let us in one by one, staring into everyone’s eyes, saying “Come into my domain. Don’t say a word.” He made us go alphabetically again against the wall in his class. He gave us a speech that I’ll never forget:

“Welcome to my domain. These are my rules, and you will follow them, or suffer the consequences. You are my students, here to learn, and not here to fool around. I am here to prepare you for High-School, your levels immaturity is so high, but by the end of the year you will all be men and women. Again, this is my domain. I have been teaching for about 15 years. I know all of your tricks. Don’t try them with me. This is my domain. When you enter my domain, you are silent. I am not nice. I am not here to be nice. I’m mean, and I’m evil… Now sit down, I’ll give you your seats after we review the class curriculum...”

Cluster # 2: Wrigley’s Double-Mint

- It sure is tasty. Scout 2 live oaks that stod at the edge of the Radley Lot, which the roots reached out into the side-road, which led to a bumpy side-road. Make’s sense? Well, it doesn’t when you find a piece of Wrigley’s Double-Mint gum in a knothole in the oak tree. She licked it first, waited to see if she died or not. Heh, well she didn’t and survived with a minty flavored gum. Yummo? [/rachelray]

I don’t see any way where I can relate to finding stuff in knotholes, or anything of the sort. Dill came back! Schools over, YAY! I can relate to the schools over part, because well those are the best times of the year. But not when you live in Maycomb. I like to play the Boo Radley game as much as Scout, Jem and Dill. I love getting my face rubbed in dirt, getting beat up by a girl who acted like she was Scout despite the long hair. I don’t like being Jem. Never again…

So Dill and Jem decide they want to seek into Boo Radley’s window, just to get a peek at Boo. Then comes the spitting. That reminds me when I was a Coca-Cola addict (I’m still a semi) and I spit on the window of my room. (I lived on the first floor) I went to the corner store quickly for Coke. Nobody ever found out about that one… hehehe.

HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!1111111111111111

(Mr. Cormier I’m killing you right now aren’t I?)

Jem’s pants get stuck somewhere, then he runs with Dill and Scout into the wilderness in his underpants. This is hilarious. Oh wait… he goes back to find his pants… they’re folded. Unbelievable, he actually found them too! Not cool. When I got my shirt tangled in a fence once, it ripped. That was permanent. Jem’s was stitched. 

Cluster # 3: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

- It’s sure cold in Maycomb. For the first time since 1885, it had been freezing cold, and autumn actually turned into winter. That reminds me when it snowed in the northern part of Florida, but I wasn’t even born yet.

R.I.P. Mrs. Radley

She died. We all love her. I miss her. I loved her. Jem and Scout actually thought that she died because of Boo Radley. Atticus came home and brought street justice; he told the truth. To their disappointment, she died of natural causes. Scout was then rushed with a lot of questions, until held back by Jem. My mom holds me back from my dad when she sees I get heated. Oh well.

No school today because of snow. Those lucky children in Maycomb! Scout tasted the snow and “felt” it was hot. Quote from Jem:

“No it ain’t, it’s so cold it burns. Now don’t eat it, Scout, you’re wasting it. Let it come down.”

They’re building a snowman. Scout never heard of a negro snowman. It was made of dirt. It looks like Mr. Avery, and they added a woman’s clothing.

Miss Maudie’s house died. It burned. There’s too many things dying in these 2 chapters! Oh well. Scout was cold, so a blanket came from the havens. Wait, it was Boo Radley! At least it’s what they think…

Cluster # 4: Let me at ‘im!

- Jem is football crazy and Atticus is too old. Jem wants to tackle Atticus, but he is being Atticus-like and not letting him by giving excuses like he’s too old. I would like to tackle my dad when he is acting weird, or just being mad at me. He’s nearly 50 too, but he’s much stronger. I would make an attempt to tackle him, but he’d probably just catch me and throw me to the ground, and bust a jujitsu move. Jem and Scout got air-rifles, but Atticus won’t teach them how to shoot.

There is a crazy dog with rabies. Atticus shoots it with such accuracy, and Scout and Jem find out about how good Atticus was at shooting. For some reason, the crazy dog with rabies reminds me of the time there was this drunk lady by my apartment, she was probably on drugs too, and she was lying in the grass unconscious. Then people were taking pictures of her. xD

R.I.P. Mrs. Dubose

Too many people are DYYYYYYYIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG! She died of being an old woman. Jem cut the tops of every camellia flower she had. It was precious to her. He paid the damn consequences. He had to read to her for an hour everyday. So on weekdays, he would have to go straight to her house with Scout. Ouch.

When Mrs. Dubose died, he received a box, with a perfect camellia. It literally scared the shit out of Jem, he started screaming, “Old hell-devil, old hell-devil!” That is absolutely my favorite quote of the story.

Cluster # 5: No Dill…  And more Aunt Alexandra… 

- Jem is twelve, acting like a regular pre-teen. Jem is just being arrogant, and not being with Scout as often, so Scout is hanging out with Calpurnia more. Scout received a letter from Dill and a photo of himself. It said he wouldn’t be able to go to Maycomb. That’s gonna suck for Scout AND Jem, because if Dill was there, they would probably hang out the most. I remember my pre-teen stage.
    It was not cool.

Calpurnia takes the kids to the black church, and find out that when Cal is around ‘her kind’, she talks like them. Jem and Scout question her, and she responds with a logic answer. Some lady attacks them during church, saying that there weren’t supposed to be white people there. Then that’s when Reverend Sykes becomes introduced. I’ve actually never been to church before, so I have no idea of the things that goes on during church. That just needed to be mentioned… >>;

Aunt Alexandra tries to turn Scout into a formal young lady… That makes me laugh. HAHAHAHA!

Aunt Alexandra also tries to get Calpurnia fired, but Atticus just can’t do that. A sister is trying to ‘MAN’ down a man. That’s a fade on my block. If I were Atticus, I would say, “TRY ME A BIT SON, TRY ME A BIT…” With this negro face and accent… it would be brilliant. I could think of a family today being like Aunt Alexandra actually, and I wouldn’t like it if it’d happen to me.

Cluster # 6: Atticus brings the court down bringing ‘THE HAMMER & MORE STREET JUSTICE!’

- I’m in a state of AWE. Two words. THE HAMMER. Wait make it four. STREET JUSTICE. I can’t write reflections right now… too hard… nevermind I’m just being lazy.

Atticus just completely brought it down. That reminds me of the time of my forum, there were several topics on religious debates. A couple of people just went straight at it, until one of them brought it all down with one, complete post. Thus, the hammer was born. Street justice is a minor form of Hammerism (if you can call it that), and is hard to accomplish.

Seriously, Atticus OWNS.

Cluster # 7: Meh

The movie was MEH. That’s my response. Nothing special, but meh. It was alright. I mean, how many serious and important parts of the Novel could they have missed? The biggest one was probably is that DILL LACKS WHITE HAIR.

This movie actually reminded me of the movie War of the Worlds, because everyone said it was going to be amazing, but when I actually saw it, I gave it a MEH. Whatever.

This is the end of my blogish-like thing.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯
    where is miley cyrus when you need a hand job?

You need spoiler warnings on this !

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Oh who cares.

I also tried explaining to my teacher about the hammer and street justice. We spent a class discussing this. It was amazing... My english teacher would love to come here and debate I think. He loves to debate, although I think he would be torn up by you Adam if there were a debate forum. xD
    ¯\(º_o)/¯

The movie was MUCH more then "meh"
    When the Devil is too busy
    And Death's a bit too much
    They call on me by name you see,
    For my special touch.

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

No it wasn't! Dill had no white hair, they went through WAY more things than the movie. The director had skipped like 3 parts that I though would've been good to see. If they remade the movie, it would be incredible.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Also, this bloggish thingy is not of the full book. My class stopped on shapter 21 because then we wouldn't have time for romeo and juliet.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I don't watch those videos, 9 out of 10 times its a pop-up-and-scare-the-shit-out-of-you deal.

I haven't finished TKAM, but I actually like it. And Ms. Dubose deserves to die, she was a little old bitch that needed to die and go to hell with all of the other evil grandmothers.. and knit alll day.
    I didn't read the obvious spoiler section, because the whole street justice thing kind of clued me in on the fact that it was the chapters ahead.

What grade are you in if you are just now reading TKAM. Most schools around mine read in 7th, we read it in 8th.

I haven't seen the movie.
    -.---.----..

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
    Oh who cares.

I also tried explaining to my teacher about the hammer and street justice. We spent a class discussing this. It was amazing... My english teacher would love to come here and debate I think. He loves to debate, although I think he would be torn up by you Adam if there were a debate forum. xD
    is he a liberal? if he is tell him to come on and i will rip him apart.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
    I don't watch those videos, 9 out of 10 times its a pop-up-and-scare-the-shit-out-of-you deal.
    You're scared of pirates and flaming sharks?

Oh who cares.

What. the. fuck?

If your class spent time discussing the exaggerated names i used for debating, and people want to come challenge me now because of it, i'm not sure how to respond.

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    What. the. fuck?

If your class spent time discussing the exaggerated names i used for debating, and people want to come challenge me now because of it, i'm not sure how to respond.
    Nobody wants to challenge anyone because of it, I just stated that I think my teacher would love to debate with you guys, since you guys debate quite a lot and are skilled at it.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

I don't associate anything I do when I Log Off my computer with PD. Not saying you shouldn't, though

What the hell is this boo radley thing?

I read to kill a mockingbird, but it wasn't interesting. I forgot about most of it. It wasn't as bad as Odysseus, though.

Nobody wants to challenge anyone because of it, I just stated that I think my teacher would love to debate with you guys, since you guys debate quite a lot and are skilled at it.
    I have a feeling anyone that was interested in coming here to argue because of what you said would state a bunch of ignorant shit, laugh mockingly at anything i did, talk more shit to me, then leave and never come back after i tear them apart.

That's usually what happens.