Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Problem With Adult Swim

Registered Users Regular Bluebabe kitten's Avatar

Wait? What? Rights to YuYuHakusho? I didn't even know that. And Trigun, too? Yeah, good point. And I'd also like to see an older season of Gundam. I didn't think they'd still have the rights to those shows.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

http://digi-geek.tumblr.com/

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

yuyu hakusho: funimation made it and the rights are under the ownership of MVM films and turner broadcasting.

lupin III: unliscenced. AS/toonami could pick it up for next to nothing

trigun: funimation currently owns the rights, and turner is a direct affilliate, meaning they could run the series for free at any time.

your welcome

Hahahah. Dogar took the words out my mouth. The overly dramatic shonen anime and other shit is annoying. I'm tired of seeing Bleach and all of it's cousins anywhere where anime is on the internet, and it makes things worse when Toonami constantly airs that kind of stuff constantly. They're just doing that because other shows would more than likely get less views because they don't don't have giant explosions, magic powers and stereotypical characters.

Now, nothing against action shows. Some of them I can stand, like Kenshin and FMA, but most of them just constantly drag on and on and never get anything accomplished. Now, the action provided with a purpose, and is dead serious wouldn't even get views. Put something like Now and Then, Here and There on AS and you'll hear all the complaints about how it's boring and that there's no "action." Sure, the show is sad as all hell and probably wouldn't fit, but it's an example of the kind of things that viewers probably wouldn't be able to grasp on a television screen because of the mainstream expectations of the ordinary shows on there.

Actually, there's a lot of shows I'd like to see on AS. Like.. idk, Welcome to The NHK? Something that doesn't have swords and weapons flying around every goddamn minute. It's a shame that right now there's this phase going on in anime with lame hikkomori shows, but NHK, thankfully, isn't like that.

There's also Steins;Gate, but only if the Funi dub is decent.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Toonami has pretty much always been about action shows though, it's just that the shows they have now are not as good IMO. Outlaw Star would be a great one to re-air, or Tenchi Muyo, heck, even Zoids.

Baccano! would be a perfect Toonami show. Or even Spice and Wolf.

Pretty much but still the same stuff gets old. Plus, I take action better when it's presented seriously. Not that Bleach garbage. When the action is serious or presented in a mature manner, it gives more impact. That's why I put NTHT as an example. I'd just like to see other genres on Toonami, that's all.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar

I miss Zatch Bell
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

They stopped RIGHT before the momoto king battle. Dafaq.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12