Thread: Less than favourable circumstances to find oneself in if

He's grinning in our direction - but not, of course, at us. Lord's Avatar

Default Less than favourable circumstances to find oneself in if

What are some less than favourable circumstances to find oneself in if the person in question can only experience an exaggerated sense of happiness (i.e. euphoria)?

So far I've got:

- A funeral of a loved one.

- Watching a young child being knocked down by a speeding vehicle and being unable to do anything about it.

- Working a soul-crushing 9-5 office desk job.

Any ideas?
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Yeah, I always liked funerals, all the family meets up, its rather nice strangely.

There was one situation I was in a year back when the highway we were on developed a thin sheet of ice on it, and almost everyone that passed us earlier who was speeding ran off the road and into ditches. So many cars were doing this that cars were hitting over cars which ran off the road.

It was a terrible experience for humanity as a whole, but me and my dad were laughing like crazy when we drove peacefully through the mayhem.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

If you're always happy, is anything a bad experience?

He's grinning in our direction - but not, of course, at us. Lord's Avatar

That's the crux at what I'm dancing around, I'm just trying to think of some catalytic situations which could lead to such existential questioning. It's the difference between a short story and a novella.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Wut

He's attempting to determine if the idea he's come up with gives him suitable material for a novel or if its more suited to a short story. I'd say the idea could be used as a material for a novel but you have to do a bit more research, psychological resource to be precise. If you don't want to dedicate the research you could still work up a reasonable short story with the concept

Have someone get raped, but the hero of the story is the perpetrator. Not about the victim. well, that's actually my story. my hero is a serial killer and a rapist. (not always in that order). But you'll end up loving him. it's strange but i've been doing my research since i was in high school back in 2003.
    the avatar i use for me IS this "protagonist."
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]