Thread: 14 people die in a theater shooting in America, people go crazy.

Default 14 people die in a theater shooting in America, people go crazy.

14 people die in a Mexican drug war shooting, no one cares.

http://youtu.be/CWILhrSzw5o
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Annnnzyle and Itterpretnl Seven's Avatar

Because it's America! Not some random other place that nobody cares about!

Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar

And people think torrenting the movie is BAD. If I were in Colorado, I could have DIED.
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

*withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

the dark knight rises isn't so great anyways.

your welcome

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Never saw the first, don't really care.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

200,000 people died in an earthquake in China when I was in 8th grade

it got 1 day of air time as a small side event

that is all I have to say

The new Batman movie is growing on me, I really loved how Bane was portrayed.

That aside, people are already trying to say the shooter thought he was the Joker and are blaming violent video games and movies like Batman... again. Of course people are blaming guns, lack of gun control, SSRIs, etc. Only in a nation as deathly afraid of personal responsibility and accountability as we are can some heinous crime be committed and we immediately grab at some grand overarching issue. The man was not in his right mind, he premeditated the attack, and he carried it out. It was terrible. There is no one else to blame and you can't stop something like that from happening again. If you took away guns, it would have been molotovs. If you add security in the lobby, guess what, he used the fire exits.

I just wish as a culture we would take this for the tragedy it is and deal with it instead of pointing fingers.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

IT WAS YOU RED CHEETA!

this man was just a red herring

bane is my favorite batman villain. the only big issue i had was tha catwoman killed him with a gunshot. what the fuck? i thought in the comics that his skin became entirely bulletproof. i thought that he was some incredibly intelligent, incredibly unstoppable terror with a brilliant mind, but no... he's Darth Shawn Connery and he's killed by catwoman with a gun.

despite that, i liked bane. i still do, albeit nolan wrote himself into a bad hole there with how bane was going to be dealt with.

your welcome

He was killed with an explosive round fired from the Batmobile motorcycle. I mean come on.

wait... so your saying that his skin has been genetically altered to be bulletproof, but 1 round kills him outright? what?

your welcome

No he wasn't genetically altered in this movie, Pants.

oh. thought he was. so wait... how did he beat batman the first time if he wasn't superior in strength? how come the plot is literally rocky 3 with some amazing explosions and a cop out ending involving a gun over fair fighting?

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pants View Post
    bane is my favorite batman villain. the only big issue i had was tha catwoman killed him with a gunshot. what the fuck? i thought in the comics that his skin became entirely bulletproof. i thought that he was some incredibly intelligent, incredibly unstoppable terror with a brilliant mind, but no... he's Darth Shawn Connery and he's killed by catwoman with a gun.

despite that, i liked bane. i still do, albeit nolan wrote himself into a bad hole there with how bane was going to be dealt with.
    pants you stupid motherfucker why would you spoil the movie

I did a whole analysis of this hold on:

Bane wasn't a particularly deep character and a lot of people I know have been calling him on that. The Joker for example was a chaotic evil villain with depth and complexity and they felt this wasn't a good follow up for a villain from the same alignment. Bane wasn't supposed to represent any particular ideology though, he was an Ivan Drago. His role was to be a powerful presence on the screen and dominate every scene simply by being there.

During the first fight scene Batman had always been this awe inspiring presence on the screen. Scarecrow and the Joker never really stood a chance against him in a fight, he could wipe the floor with either of them one on one. With his gadgets, technology, and time to plan Batman was becoming almost superhuman. Forcing Batman into a one on one confrontation with what was clearly a superior villain stripped him of this immortal veil. Before the first punch was thrown you could tell just by looking at the pair of them that Batman was about to get slaughtered, his armor and gadgets be damned.

The fight itself was powerful because although Batman was strong and came across as such, you could tell he was simply outclassed. His humanity came through while he was wearing the costume. This kind of cinematography is pretty damn rare in action movies today, I'm glad to see characterization and pacing didn't take a back seat to special effects.

now i did like the movie but i said "it isn't so great", meaning that it has basic moviemaking flaws.

1. bane is portrayed exactly like the hulk in rocky 3. rocky loses horribly and returns to fight after intense training.

2. bane isn't defeated under fair means. in fact, it was clearly unfair and based with weapons, which should be entirely useless against such a powerful villain.

3. catwoman's portrayal was confused. it was trying to be half the original catwoman and half catwoman from batman returns. it felt like it wanted to be too silly for a nolan film.

4. bane's audio. its entirely fucked up half of the movie. i also dont like how undignified they made his voice in this movie, given his original character, and his welcome portrayal in the animated series.

5. was catwoman a love interest? i'm still confused about that.

your welcome

is good for you

Was the Riddler in it?

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

14 people die in a theater shooting: Unguessable motives, 14 year olds make jokes about comparable popular culture figures (i.e. The Joker), perpetrator universally condemned as a psychopath so therefore America is united behind hatred and sorrow, endless talking points (Films negatively influence the young, The Dark Knight Rising is a bad film, etc..)
    14 people die in Mexican drug war shooting: Complex issue that has been going on for a number of years, with Mexican authorities completely powerless and less jokes to be made.

Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. Midnight the dark Espeon's Avatar

cool

Quote Originally Posted by Celery View Post
    Was the Riddler in it?
    I hear patrons were "riddled" with bullets.

Too soon?
    Black FC:
    0423 7880 2025

http://pokedream.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15474
    ^Some pretty freaky crap, check it out.
    ~Current avatar (and most of my sig) made by Ed~
    Quote Originally Posted by Pants,_and_the_beast_dwelling_within View Post
    Negr O's! now with marshmallow bling and chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    I swear allegiance to Midnight, the coolest person ever to grace the internet :D

*withholds his wrath from Kirbx*

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight the dark Espeon View Post
    I hear patrons were "riddled" with bullets.

Too soon?
    "Riddle me this, Riddler" *Batman shoots the Riddler with the Batgun*