Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So apparently EA is selling itself off.

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Default So apparently EA is selling itself off.

EA has historically been a massive shitbox of a game publisher and every company they acquire is stripped for pieces like a junked car. The fact they could be in a death spiral has me exhilarated. Of course, this isn't the first time EA has been in trouble, but this second big gaming industry crash is proving painful especially for the big name publishers. Recently EA has started doing weird things too, like acting like a legitimate game company. They're handling customers a little better and even holding off on releasing content until they're sure it's up to snuff. Usually they have a history of telling their customers to fuck off and will push whatever schlock their devs produce on schedule with patches later if you were lucky.

http://www.rantgaming.com/2012/08/19...s-should-care/

One can only hope Activision Blizzard starts breaking apart too, the author of the article seems to think they're hinting at it. Activision has been a parasitic nuisance for the better part of a decade and Blizzard has always had trouble with their parent companies pulling their strings. I don't see that happening though, Blizz is far too lucrative even with their gross recent misguided development.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

I only remeber playing one game by EA (the evolution game where you start from bacteria and eventually take over the universe) and that game was pretty god dang good on day one of release.
    I looked at their website and all the games i see that i've played were GREAT
    Dead Space Series
    Sim Series
    Sim City Series
    Not sure if they did ALL of the Need for Speeds but the 2 i played were great.

So no offense, but from ea's track record it seems to me they put out good shit.
    But hey maybe i'm only playing the games that get most of their focus and they half ass the other less reputible tittles, so i could be wrong.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

EA didn't make those games though, they just published them.

They are just bad at their job and think gamers want day-one DLC, Origin, and overpriced DLC packages that should have been in the game to begin with. EA is in it for the money, not the glory.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Actually, I stand corrected. They apparently do make a handful of titles like The Sims, Medal of Honor, and FIFA. Not that spectacular though... mostly yearly sports games.

Quote Originally Posted by pichubro View Post
    Actually, I stand corrected. They apparently do make a handful of titles like The Sims, Medal of Honor, and FIFA. Not that spectacular though... mostly yearly sports games.
    gona be honest, i just googled ea games and clicked on the first link and looked at the tittles and saw the ones i've played. I didn't realise there were companies that both published others tittles and made their own games, i thought either a company was a publishing company (solely) or a game producer. didn't know they did a mix and housed it under the same name.

but what about crack baby basketball

is good for you

The video game industry is in decline? You don't say

South park references are 100%

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I did like that video then it tried to somehow imply Sonic, Mario and Halo weren't just recycled crap like most of EA's franchises.

At least they put effort into their recycled crap, they spend a good year making a new game.

speaking of sonic

Kirby have you played Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics etc? They're all bug ridden glitchy fuckfests.

i think every sonic game released past 2000 has been terrible

if i had a horse for every time i heard that, i'd have 2 horse Pants's Avatar

i liked adventure 2 and color, but i agree with you rayne on every other point, including the advanced series.

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I did like that video then it tried to somehow imply Sonic, Mario and Halo weren't just recycled crap like most of EA's franchises.
    I think it implied that even though EA is also recycled crap, it still got a higher rating.

halo? not recycled? tell me 1 major mechanical change that made it different than it predacessors, because there is no difference between halo 1, 2, 3, or ODST mechanicially.

reach had classes which made it more like team fortress, so there's that, but even then, its just the same "shoot aliens in the face to win the game" sort of thing.

your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Pants View Post
    halo? not recycled? tell me 1 major mechanical change that made it different than it predacessors, because there is no difference between halo 1, 2, 3, or ODST mechanicially.

reach had classes which made it more like team fortress, so there's that, but even then, its just the same "shoot aliens in the face to win the game" sort of thing.
    Um... you should try actually reading my post next time.

solly i was talking about the thing you quoted but, ok.

your welcome

Well who were you arguing with? The video maker?

Yes, i think he was. I agree though halo/ cod don't really change that much. "New guns"i guess but really just new versions of old guns. New Perks i guess but really that hasn't changed all that much.

And i also agree, SONIC ADVENTURE BATTLE 2 WAS THE SHIT.
    With choa gardens? OMG. so good. I did like the GBA games though, however it was recycled. Just like pokemon is pretty much recycled.

Really though i have to disagree with you implying that recyled things are BAD. Unless you aren't implying that. Because each rycle doesn't really add much but each time it improves the base alittle more and more. I played every pokemon game, nothing really ever changed but i liked each new game. Same with halo and most of cod(i've stoped after blackops)
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

Yeah I haven't ever played any sonic games. All of sony games in my eyes kinda suck.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.Ē Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    i think every sonic game released past 2000 has been terrible
    Sonic Heroes anyone?
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

is good for you

I think every Sonic game is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Yeah I haven't ever played any sonic games. All of sony games in my eyes kinda suck.
    ...sega.

the main sonic games on the gensis were great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast