Thread: At heart is there anything truly wrong with conservative viewpoints

Hybrid View

Default At heart is there anything truly wrong with conservative viewpoints

Now when I ask this, it is probably not applicable to any republican you can find in this latter half of the century. Most conservatives post Regan are pretty much morons you hug tight to the bible or their economics degree and spout all sorts of nonsense. No I mean the real true conservatives of the olden days, not like Hoover old, but more of Eisenhower and Nixon (yeah Nixon wasn't all that bad comared to the guys we had after him). At heat, their policies aren't bad at all as far as I can tell, and to a degree are still applicable even today. I do not agree with what they say, but at least it doesn't sound like its coming out of a horses ass. I guess its because of the prevailing liberal ideology growing at the time and they actually wanted to look reasonable before it and everyone else.

PD has a wide basis of other liberals so I would like to get some other opinions.

republican does not equal right wing. iirc before the mid-20th century the republican party was actually more progressive.

I like that republican party better, even if they advocated racism and segregation openly at the extremes, they at times at least made sense.

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

I don't know exsactly what you think conservative viewpoints are, it would help if you listed what they are to you, so that i or we could discuss specifically what you mean.

I'de say i disagree with the viewpoint that well fare is a bad thing. I think that the current well fare system is bad, but not to say that all wellfare is bad, just whoever implemented it at its current bearings wasn't really thinking about helping people.
    Like MLK said True compasion isn't just flinging a coin at a beggar, it is seeing that an edifice which produces beggars is unsound" and the old quote you give a man a fish, he eats for a weak, you teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime. Meaning we should be providing jobs/ oppurtunities to earn money instead of just giving away a tiny portion to those in need. Because when you just give people money they become dependants on that money supply, however if you spend money to create permanent new jobs you have created a non dependant.
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency
    Are you saying you like or dislike the EPA?
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I'm saying republican does not equal conservative