Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does anyone remember the gym league

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Default does anyone remember the gym league

Demand for this site literally soared, and then they all left to go on a different site and we lost The Editor. It was like the chicken fingers episode of Community.

Things that this site could ideally offer that are POKEMON-related and have been proven to drive activity:
    - An active Legacies of a Pokémon Dream
    - A functioning Gym league

i dont

the main problem with doing this these days is smogon pretty much has the monopoly on competitive battling with showdown, which only has one server, and will only ever have one server

the only competitor is PO2, which is no where in the same league

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

The main problem with this is nobody, with the exception of maybe three posters, wants anything to do with Pokemon anymore and we don't want to attract the type of posters who do. Once again, we're not advertising for Pokemon forum posters, we're advertising for miscellaneous discussion posters.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Are we lord really? What poster have ever come to PD off the back for misc, there is better know misc everywhere else on the internet, getting pokemon people does lead to more misc people in time, and interestingly we can actually compete in the pokemon arena even if there are better sites due to the ignorance of those 12 year olds to such sites.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

I'm not responding to that.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

eh

you just really don't understand that as a POKEMON forum we have to attract people that would come to the forum to participate in some element of pokemon. nobody comes to any forum for "miscellaneous discussion"

if you really think cool people wanting to come here and be cool is really a sustainable way of attracting one member you are absolutely retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    you just really don't understand that as a POKEMON forum we have to attract people that would come to the forum to participate in some element of pokemon. nobody comes to any forum for "miscellaneous discussion"

Teenagers don't, adults most definitely do.

id say hes crazy too but he did run cosmo for a year

you just gathered everyone you knew from pokecommunity and pokedream and wherever else. it was not a sustainable model of forum. if you really want the exact same posters to be here year on year with no new surprises, go ahead and advertise it as "miscellanous discussion" orientated

you just gathered everyone you knew from pokecommunity and pokedream and wherever else. it was not a sustainable model of forum. if you really want the exact same posters to be here year on year with no new surprises, go ahead and advertise it as "miscellanous discussion" orientated
    you took the words right out of my mouth

legacies of a pokemon dream was the reason Qoorl started posting, whereas with the gym league we had loads of new posters and people like Kirby were encouraged to stick around. none of you realise the impact that these things had on the forum

to be honest, the reason I post was the first thread I made, Mario came in and said something to the effect like "This fucker is a joke, he'll be gone by the end of the week," that is what convinced me to stay and why I continue to post

your entire life is dedicated to proving a false black man on the internet wrong

yep

legacies of a pokemon dream was the reason Qoorl started posting, whereas with the gym league we had loads of new posters and people like Kirby were encouraged to stick around. none of you realise the impact that these things had on the forum
    I understand the IMPACT, I just don't think they'd work this time around because no one's interested in leading a revitalisation movement on account of the fact that firstly, it's Pokemon related and secondly, that'll attract Pokemon related teenagers and we, as a miscellaneous discussion forum at heart, don't want Pokemon related teenagers. I'm sorry but it's true. They're generally terrible posters as well. People seeking out an off topic forum tend to be older, more mature and more seasoned with the internet. That's who you should be aiming at. Whether your grand schemes worked in the past is irrelevant because Pokemon posters aren't what PD needs to be kept alive. And even if they are, they're not what's needed to keep misc thriving, which is the only thing I'm concerned about.

While I'm somewhat flattered by Ascaris' faith in what I'm saying, I'm actually not coming out with this because I ran Cosmo (and let's face it, I didn't really - The dynamic duo thing him and I had going was just a Lennon/McCartney gimmick I found funny at the time) - I'm coming out with this because PD isn't the only forum I post. I post on several off topic message boards, not all of which are anonymous, and they all have something in common: nobody is attracted to their boards for something they're not going to stay around for. Yes, PD is technically a Pokemon forum but no one here wants to talk about Pokemon. We've grown up. And usually at that point, those posters move onto other forums, leaving the Pokemon forum demographic in the young teens and finding new miscellaneous places to talk about elder issues they wouldn't be able to otherwise on those boards. Your theory would work, it just wouldn't attract the people I want, you want, or PD's only active board wants.

you have a sad life. i don't know why i'm here, if i worked it out rationally i would leave here.

nderstand the IMPACT, I just don't think they'd work this time around because no one's interested in leading a revitalisation movement on account of the fact that firstly, it's Pokemon related and secondly, that'll attract Pokemon related teenagers and we, as a miscellaneous discussion forum at heart, don't want Pokemon related teenagers. I'm sorry but it's true. They're generally terrible posters as well. People seeking out an off topic forum tend to be older, more mature and more seasoned with the internet. That's who you should be aiming at. Whether your grand schemes worked in the past is irrelevant because Pokemon posters aren't what PD needs to be kept alive. And even if they are, they're not what's needed to keep misc thriving, which is the only thing I'm concerned about.

we don't make it a "discussion about pokemon", we just run things we used to run and have been proven to be a success

which in turn occasionally draws out good new members. like Qoorl.

lord, like my sister, is one of the people i refuse unconditionally to believe is an expert on anything on earth

i dont get hicky's selective self loathing about posting here

yeah sometimes i cant figure out if he likes me or detests me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast