Thread: God.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Default God.

What has been your method of learning French thus far? How did you start off; how are you progressing; what websites did you use; what book(s) are you reading...? etc..
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

*doesn't ask Hicky, who has an A in A Level French*

carnegie mellon has an open coursewear thing that has courses in elementary french I and II which i've been going through. i started with this 5 hour youtube video of french lessons i found. also the university of texas has a good web page on french grammar that i've been using.

since i've gotten the basics down i've bee reading articles on lemonde.fr to get better at reading and picking up vocab, and i've been watching french movies.

haha coursewear

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it. Lord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    *doesn't ask Hicky, who has an A in A Level French*
    Right, so you did it in school, as did I and come this time next year I'll have an honour in honours level French. I was asking it from a self-taught prospective.
    Well, I open my eyes and I see things. I've seen spirits moving through the walls. I've seen a vortex coming through the wall. I've seen amorphous little balls of light bouncing all around in the front yard through the window. I've seen giant bugs on the floor. I was in a hotel room in Amarillo, Texas, and all I remember is standing on the bed and seeing the whole wall in front of me filled with lights that were [makes popping sound] popping like popcorn out of the wall. Then I'll wake up and I go "Wow, I was standing on my bed and staring at this wall."

you have to teach yourself in school to get familiar with it. i used lemonde, french.about.com and watched Euronews in french.

hicky how advanced are you in french, you could just pick up a fairly sophisticated french novel and read it like it aint no shit

i have to look up quite a few words but i can get the gist of it in the same way i could get the gist of a middle english novel

or a scientific journal

have you ever tried studying any other languages

no. i might study italian when i get to university, or russian, but i'd hate to do it and then not be good by the end of it

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

-_- i hate learning other languages... i want a automatic translator(WHICH WILL HAPPEN REALLLLLLLLLL SOON ANYWAYS) Like google is soooooo close to having a device that you speak into and it spits out the other language to the people, and visa versa. It might already be out, but im talking about something mobile not google translate. I mean of course their are going to be small hiccups but it won't be any worse than someone with a 2~3 year education in that language.
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"