Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: School Tomorrow

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    employers don't care abut grades, but people who hand out scholarships do.
    Very true, but TA was talking about employers is all. I mean I'm not saying don't be you, what I am saying is people who are on the really weird Side don't have a great overall track record in the world haha.

it probably wasnt worth deleting but just back off and dont look for a fight

i mean its not like it was a contributive post it was just a jab, not worth fighting over grr

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    I totally bet that app guy sure is real and cool. Keep being a hardcore rebel idc, all I'm saying is being normal in an academic environment is easier to get contacts that aren't idiot libertarians ect. But hey I bet all your great achievements with all your great contacts will tots work for you with your great grades.

Fun fact, grades aren't what employers really care about.
    They care about a degree, experience, if you can do math, shave, wear a tie, and come in on Saturdays, at least as far as entry level is concerned.

As for my friend, here he is dancing at his wedding:

"I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Very true, but TA was talking about employers is all. I mean I'm not saying don't be you, what I am saying is people who are on the really weird Side don't have a great overall track record in the world haha.
    gooby pls

haha the military guy in the background

That's a Nido stock photo and you know it. Hahaha

3 down in one post
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

If you really think acting weird is the key to success then run with it. Being weird but not a freak has worked for me so I have it as advice. In 10 years we'll see who wins out.

If you really think acting weird is the key to success then run with it. Being weird but not a freak has worked for me so I have it as advice. In 10 years we'll see who wins out.
    what if acting weird has nothing to do with success, and some people who act weird are successful and some people who act normal are successful.

IT'S JUST SO CRAZY IT MIGHT BE TRUE

I don't think being weird is the key to success but I certainly don't think it's as penalizing as you claim. I'm pretty damn sure professors care a lot more about how well their students actually devote themselves to the material than what they dress like. Personally those assholes who wear nice clothing to class always come off as the assholes or, in business classes particularly, the try-hards. This may or may not be due to the fact that these people seemed attracted to me studying outside of the classroom like a mosquito to a bug zapper, talking to me about their insipid lives, telling stories of how many pairs of Oakleys they broke or how many girls they've beaten (not even kidding).

Here I am with my empire

by 'not acting weird' im sure dogar means dressing like a normal person not having ridiculous hair styles etc.

people who do so can still get good jobs in the tech industry if they're skilled, and may be welcomed in certain academic departments at some universities if they do good research, but by a large you will be much more successful looking 'normal'.

TA posts more hentia, so I am inclined to believe him.

Weird wasn't all about dress if you read my whole post, it's a all around thing. And Solly I didn't say weird was te underlining factor but I wouldn't want to invest money in a guy who can't present himself like a normal human being, like for example one of those wall street protestors, stay the hell away from them.

I like having green hair, mohawks, etc. I won't have this hair forever you know. Plus if I have a legit interview I'm not going to be a moron, I'm going to dress nicely, cut my hair, and shave.

When I'm on campus though, fuck that. I'm paying thousands to come here I'll dress how I want.

Here I am with my empire

Dogar you need to be way more specific when yous ay shit like "acting weird" or getting in with the "cool kids".

Then do it, if i saw you for the first time I persoanlly wouldn't network with you unless you were either rich or a genious, that's all. In sure some will but I wouldn't. And as I said I think I have done well for myself with that strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    Dogar you need to be way more specific when yous ay shit like "acting weird" or
    getting in with the "cool kids".
    Don't act like Kirby 24/7 (Kirby no offense) or one of those hardcore anime nerds or people who dress like they want to "prove" something and cool kids I mean guys that will always get twat.

I think, in Dogar's own special way, he's trying to say don't hang around with people who think they're the next Eddie Vedder and are dressing like it now just in case. He also doesn't want to associate with Ron Paulites who actually think the guy's gonna get elected and go to TEA party rallies. For me the whole libertarian thing is kind of a positive since Jorge is run by 2 nobel laureates and its economics department is openly committed to the Austrian school, but we'll see.

Here I am with my empire

Most libertarians are complete idiots. I've only met one who was smart and worth while networking.

ta you know you're not a libertarian anymore, you know its all a lie! join us ta, the LEFT.

Like I said, we'll see. I'm right wing enough to be bought should the right incentives come my way but it'll be a substantial price and until then though I'm sticking to my guns. When all is said and done though I'd rather be a shill than a martyr.

Here I am with my empire

Hahaha that girl that was walking around in a cape like it was nothing is a perfect example.

I'm still me but you have to put on masks to survive in this world.

To survive? Not really. To make it to the top though you need some stompin' boots.

Here I am with my empire

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast