Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: School Tomorrow

> says dogar is responsible for buckwheats avatar freezing for an extended time, nope
    > says i deleted his post, nope
    > 'im going to leave because i wasnt able to make the one post where if i had gotten my way would have devolved into another extended argument that no one wants to see'

it may be the case that dogar overreacts to you but its also the case that you're being a big bitch and just want to provoke dogar. stop.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    just got back from cs orientation. average salary of people with a bachelor's in cs from my university is 85k. also we skyped with the founder of paypal!

I hate that guy. And yeah tech. guys will make the money.

And Kirby is just Kirby.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    > says dogar is responsible for buckwheats avatar freezing for an extended time, nope
    > says i deleted his post, nope
    > 'im going to leave because i wasnt able to make the one post where if i had gotten my way would have devolved into another extended argument that no one wants to see'

it may be the case that dogar overreacts to you but its also the case that you're being a big bitch and just want to provoke dogar. stop.
    relax tough guy. i said you deleted my post because it disappeared right after you posted to stop, and i also explained what you could have done if you weren't his bitch and let it go on. i said dogar switched his avatar, or it was a result of dogar. doesn't matter who 'clicks' the button or how long it lasted. i don't remember ever claiming anything other than dogar changing his avatar so if it got frozen it's still his fault. it only would have devolved into a bullshit argument because like you said dogar overreacts to me.

and as ive said a million times what you're saying only applies to dogar. plenty of threads have devolved into arguments with dogar and another member, with unrelated members, as long as it's not against dogar you've never cared. it's never been your style to say no fighting and you've even encouraged it.

whenever he starts looking dumb you always step in and argue for him. i've said this since the first month i've joined here. this wouldn't even be anything if you just said 'don't delete posts dogar' and he stayed true to his word when he says anything i post is insignificant to him.

but be extremely hypocritical and call me a big bitch because you think i'm trying to provoke dogar, because that's something he's neeeeeever done before. definitely. it's not even like i log on and see his posts and say 'i'm gonna fight with him', his posts are always just mind numbingly retarded.

regular posters constantly going out of their way to provoke other regular posts has never been 'condoned' and you're really the only person who's been doing it for the past long while now. just chill out. at this point you and dogar are really the only regular posts who don't get along and major posts who are liked by basically everyone else on the forum but each other constantly fighting has never been considered cool really. it's happened but it's always been bad and dissuaded when possible.

the only reason the average salary is so high is because it is inflated by those one or 2 people that have million dollar salaries, if you take out the outliers the average would drop dramatically, similar to the "fact" that college grads earn "1 million dollars more in their lifetime" which again is because of high rolling business men

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

of course you can earn mad money doing any kind of computer science degree, but who gives a shit about that. some guy i know is studying economics and he has no interest in it beyond "it's the best paid degree".

i really like english and would love to know a lot about it, i don't care if I work as a low-paid teacher or a publisher's assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    of course you can earn mad money doing any kind of computer science degree, but who gives a shit about that. some guy i know is studying economics and he has no interest in it beyond "it's the best paid degree".
    all of the top 10 best paid degrees are some sort of engineering or applied science. MAYBE its different in the uk but i greatly doubt it.

im interested in computer science. im looking into doing research my freshman year.

it doesn't matter if it is or not, the point is he's studying a subject which he thinks will earn him mad buck with little to no interest in it whatsoever

dual majoring in engineering and economics is probably the holy grail of students who are only in it for the dough. a guy i know went to wharton and got a degree in both economics and electrical engineering. he got scooped up by deuschebank (or however you spell it) and is earning 150k and theyre going to send him to harvard business school in a year and perhaps even double his salary.

also got wtf is your major

to be totally and completely honest going into the computer field because "there is a great need" is pretty much a momentary thing, as soon as incoming grads come in, its going to be another booked market

similar to how a few years ago everyone suggested to go into pharmacy work because you get paid a lot and there is a need, but the boom died and a ton og grads were left with useless degrees tragically

basically do what you want to do, don't follow trends for the money, because other are doing the same

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

I posted Dogar's list on CE for a second opinion. They were not impressed.

CE?

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

If you really want job security, there are always three majors to consider: health, engineering, and IT. Mainly because there will always be sick people, engineering (of all kinds) are a foundation of modern society, and because there will always be computer illiterate idiots.

Current Events. They brought us such wonderful things as Sonic Cake Face, David Mink, Man Fan, popularized Alpha/Beta males, MLP generals, C/D topics, literally using literally way too much, and DO YOU EVEN LIFT!?
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

no I don't lift

CE's memes tend to say in CE somehow. It's a unique quality that is unlike any other massive social forum.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

i still dont know what 'IT' implies

itt

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

i still dont know what 'IT' implies
    Information Technology I believe.

My school calls the major 'Computer Information Systems'

I.T. is basically anything having to do with computers and the management thereof. It's a broad, baseless term that means nothing to anyone inside the I.T. sector.

Here I am with my empire

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

In white collar work, IT refers to the department in charge of making sure all the tech in the building is running properly

is good for you

dual majoring in engineering and economics is probably the holy grail of students who are only in it for the dough
    Our economics teacher told us this exact same thing, today

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast