Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59

Thread: Mah first day of college is complete

  1. #26
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Holy fuck, I've been getting a lot of letters to go visit Temple...
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  2. #27
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,777

    Default

    you say you take mostly AP stuff buckweat, how good of a university do you think you can get into? it always strikes me odd when i hear of people who took AP classes etc going to the same colleges I got accepted to when i took the lowest level regular academic classes and got Ds and Fs exclusively most report cards.

  3. #28
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Idk, probably most anywhere. My GPA is a 4.3 (I think) and I got that 1450 combined SAT, plus I have 2 jobs, lots of volunteer hours with a disabled hockey team, am involved in student council, and am probably gonna be the president of Spanish Honor Society this year. So I have a pretty good looking application coming in. But I don't have much of a desire to go anywhere prestigious because then I'll have shit tons of debt. I'll probably just end up at Pitt-Johnstown on an academic full ride and live at home since it's 20 minutes from my house. Or just rent a shitty apartment with my friend since apartments around here are probably less expensive than the dorms there
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  4. #29
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    college so far has been so easy that i find it disturbing to imagine how easy high schoolers in america have it

  5. #30
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    you say you take mostly AP stuff buckweat, how good of a university do you think you can get into? it always strikes me odd when i hear of people who took AP classes etc going to the same colleges I got accepted to when i took the lowest level regular academic classes and got Ds and Fs exclusively most report cards.
    AP classes aren't so much about which university/college, they're more about scholarships

  6. #31
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    no they arent

  7. #32
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,033

    Default

    Well that's what they were all about where I come from

  8. #33
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    Idk, probably most anywhere. My GPA is a 4.3 (I think) and I got that 1450 combined SAT, plus I have 2 jobs, lots of volunteer hours with a disabled hockey team, am involved in student council, and am probably gonna be the president of Spanish Honor Society this year. So I have a pretty good looking application coming in. But I don't have much of a desire to go anywhere prestigious because then I'll have shit tons of debt. I'll probably just end up at Pitt-Johnstown on an academic full ride and live at home since it's 20 minutes from my house. Or just rent a shitty apartment with my friend since apartments around here are probably less expensive than the dorms there
    If you have that good a GPA and you go to some prestigious university they cover a lot of the tuition. A friend of mine had a 97% average and went to Harvard on full scholarship, with Harvard covering a lot of the expenses.

  9. #34
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    if its a full scholarship then shouldnt harvard be covering ALL of the expenses

  10. #35
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,033

    Default

    A full scholarship meaning he is covered by organizations offering scholarships andHarvard, and both scholarship entities together pay fully for his university.

  11. #36
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,082

    Default

    to be totally honest, if your accepted to Hartford, you should have little to no issues with money, your pretty much going to get ay job you want / need as a grad

    the fact that your in Hartford should make loan stuff a snap

  12. #37
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,292

    Default

    AP classes are to TEST OUT of college classes. I tested out my freshman English class this way. Also, they are for people who want to actually put challenge into their high school career. Well, "challenge" as in less free time than regular students.

    Free early credits though, I like that. I started college with 20+ credits under my belt.

  13. #38
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    to be totally honest, if your accepted to Hartford, you should have little to no issues with money, your pretty much going to get ay job you want / need as a grad

    the fact that your in Hartford should make loan stuff a snap
    hahahah

  14. #39
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    college so far has been so easy that i find it disturbing to imagine how easy high schoolers in america have it
    i take that back:

    A binary operator on predicates takes two predicates, and forms a new predicate. Such an operator is specified by a truth-table that maps every possible pair of truth values (T or F) to a truth value.

    How many distinct binary operators are there?

  15. #40
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,292

    Default

    ... 32?

    i dunno :F

  16. #41
    In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    By the shore.
    Posts
    22,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckweat View Post
    lots of volunteer hours with a disabled hockey team
    asdfghjk

    Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

  17. #42
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    i take that back:
    is this all the information there is? there should be infinitely many binary operators, unless they're talking about something specifically computer sciency.

  18. #43
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    yeah thats all the information. i was thinking infinite too but the answer has to be a number.

  19. #44
    princeso Kirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,082

    Default

    isn't it determined by the computer size in bits

    I think the answer might be like bits as like x and you do shit to it to find the memory, I have no idea but lets say x^3

    im talking out my ass

  20. #45
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    to be totally honest, if your accepted to Hartford, you should have little to no issues with money, your pretty much going to get ay job you want / need as a grad

    the fact that your in Hartford should make loan stuff a snap
    yeah man I had a friend who went to hartford and he got mugged. Whoever lives in hartford is making loads of money off this mugging business.

  21. #46
    Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Welp, I had my first day of all my classes.

    I fucking hate Fairfax.

    I wish it would be dragged out to sea.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

    Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

  22. #47
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    yeah thats all the information. i was thinking infinite too but the answer has to be a number.
    reading the question again it sounds like something specific to computer science which i know nothing about but:

    it says it maps every pair of T and F to a truth value.

    there are 4 combinations of T and F (TT, FF, TF, FT). so an operator will be defined as what its 4 outputs are, since ordering does matter it might be 4! = 24

    pure speculation

  23. #48
    Man Of All Things Merry buckweat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogar The Brave View Post
    asdfghjk
    what
    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    get out of my way kirby, i've got gulags to build.

  24. #49
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    reading the question again it sounds like something specific to computer science which i know nothing about but:

    it says it maps every pair of T and F to a truth value.

    there are 4 combinations of T and F (TT, FF, TF, FT). so an operator will be defined as what its 4 outputs are, since ordering does matter it might be 4! = 24

    pure speculation
    4^2 actually, fuckin truth tables

  25. #50
    Registered Users Regular Rayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    reading the question again it sounds like something specific to computer science which i know nothing about but:

    it says it maps every pair of T and F to a truth value.

    there are 4 combinations of T and F (TT, FF, TF, FT). so an operator will be defined as what its 4 outputs are, since ordering does matter it might be 4! = 24

    pure speculation
    nope

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •