Thread: Public transportation sucks

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Default Public transportation sucks

This shit runs like 20 minutes behind schedule.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

When i got into 5th grade the school i got into was a magnet school in nashville 50 minutes on the other side of town.
    So since my mom wouldn't take me i had to ride the bus all the way there. I HAD to show up 10~15 minutes early, and it usually showed up 5~10 minutes late(but some days it'd be early and i got screwed once so i had to change it so i wouldn't have it happen again)
    It took an hour and 30 minutes each day.
    Every day. Alone on public busses.
    School started at 8 so i had to leave around 6:00 every day, waking up at 5:30 to prepare. I did this all the way up to 9th grade near the end when my mom changed jobs to another town. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Since i had connecting busses, sometimes if my first bus was running late, and the second bus was running early, i'de have to be late to school by about 10~20 minutes waiting on the next bus to come, something i couldn't even controll.
    It was worth it though because it got me into one of the best public high schools in the country when i was in 7th, so it ended up being worth all the trouble(or would have ended up if we didn't "have" to move)
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

It's literally so bad I can't tell if I'm missing the busses or if they're just that goddamn late. I showed up on time today, early by a couple minutes, and I ended up catching one 25 minutes AFTER I arrived. Now I know the busses do run late because I have yet to show up on campus where the 7:00pm bus isn't still absent at 7:15 but I can't make sense of the early shifts. Fuck it.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

We at war with the army of haters And when we kill em we just smoke 'em like papers. Kelsh's Avatar

STL's public transport is really nice. It's always on schedule and you can go anywhere for 3 dollars.
    "There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it."
    - Guatama Buddha

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

NAU's public transportation is really nice. Almost always on time give or take 3 minutes and it's free for campus locations, wal-mart, the movie theater, and downtown.

Non-students have to pay though.

havent used the bus here much even though its free for me. i pretty much walk everywhere.

Registered Users Regular ElijahWyatt's Avatar

DAMB maybe when i go to colledge i won't bring my convertable with me then0.0
    I'll defintaly ask around then, because i assumed all public transpo was crappy from my cities+ this post.
    "As for me, all i know is that i know nothing"

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

I like public transit.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

philly's public transit is dirty and full of UNDESIRABLES but it is remarkably on time.

In reverie, I felt you holding me. Dogar The Brave's Avatar

And that's all I care about.

Your an absolutely wonderful man, any girl that is yours is lucky and I know that from personal experience. ~KMT

the 69th street terminal is one of the more depressing places in the world though. although the breakfast shop operated by those asians is alright and the pizza place is really really good. but other than that.

public transit story:

the other day on the bus these two middle aged black guys were talking to each other and one was talking about how he was going to court because he kept going into supermarkets and eating the deli fried chicken and just leaving the bag on the floor, but he got caught